most brain damaged ufc fighter

I'd say Sanchez, just because he never goes out and takes the prolonged beating.

Trouble is how would we notice the effects?

tumblr_mdvfoseG9y1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

diego was up there. after that elbow from matt brown, he's probably #1 now.

Reem. The guy seriously needs to retire. I hurt for him every time he gets punched. Don't want that guy to suffer.

dan henderson
chuck liddell
diego sanchez
mark hunt

anyone who was known for not being knocked out but taking severe beatings and blocking punches and kicks to head with there face/head. A K.O. or tko loss and weaker chin actually better and less likely get CTE

Diego Sanchez. That's just based on observation of what I have seen him absorb. It could be someone that hasn't been mentioned. We are looking at guys wars over there career and how they presently speak but there could be a guy or two with fewer fights with some advanced brain damage.

dan henderson
chuck liddell
diego sanchez
mark hunt

anyone who was known for not being knocked out but taking severe beatings and blocking punches and kicks to head with there face/head. A K.O. or tko loss and weaker chin actually better and less likely get CTE

Big Nog has to be on the list then.

Diego Sanchez, Gaethge, Nelson, Hunt, Leben, Liddell, Matt Browne, Wanderlei, Cerrone, Sakuruba if you want to count his brief stint in the 90s as making him a 'UFC fighter'... And really many more.

Love this guy... But Reem. The guy can give a beating... But just touch his chin and lights out. And it has been like this for a decade. SAD.
This is said a lot but I can't think of a knockout that was caused by some weak punch or something. All of the knockouts he's taken were pretty damn brutal. It's not like he's been stiffened by a lazy jab or something. He's just been hit alot. I think if anyone gets hit with the shots that knocked him out would all have the same results. I do agree tho he's gotta be one of the most damaged guys in the sport, but I'm not gonna say he has no chin bc all of his ko losses were caused by heavy shots by heavyweights.

Hunt or Hendo. You can even tell from the way they speak that they went through multiple brutal beatings during they careers.

Nate can't even talk, but his actions speak for him!

BJ Penn if he keeps coming back to lose fights. Has taken quite a few beatings his last several fights.

This is said a lot but I can't think of a knockout that was caused by some weak punch or something. All of the knockouts he's taken were pretty damn brutal. It's not like he's been stiffened by a lazy jab or something. He's just been hit alot. I think if anyone gets hit with the shots that knocked him out would all have the same results. I do agree tho he's gotta be one of the most damaged guys in the sport, but I'm not gonna say he has no chin bc all of his ko losses were caused by heavy shots by heavyweights.

Honestly Reem to me still doesn't look like someone who is slowing down from the punishment, again because he tends to get knocked badly and finished quickly, he doesn't take prolonged beatdowns like JDS did vs Cain where he probably took as much punishment as half a dozen Reem stoppages or more.

The list is a hell of a lot longer than that bud. You are in denail or just don't pay attention. Ken shamrock, Tito, The rua brothers, especially ninja, Big nog, Leben, krystoph, forrest griffin, fuck i could be here half the night. MMA is bad too.
these guys all know the risks, it's not a secret that mma will likely fuck u up.

Mayhem Miller.

Edit: In the UFC nowadays would be Diego Sanchez.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back