most brain damaged ufc fighter

Probably Reem. But Eddie Alvarez sounds punchy, and it's pretty sad to see because he seems like a nice guy.

There are many but Mark Hunt has written that he stutters and slurs as well as experiences memory loss.

Mike Perry not from fighting he’s just a legit dumb cunt

Lot of rumors about bj in Hawaii doing stuff also, allegedley, well....I dont wanna get in trouble from mods, but lets just say, doing stuff that is not good for your brain if you do enough of it.
Would it happen to be something Van damme is a fan of?

Most brain damage comes from boxing and kickboxing. Guys like Hunt, Reem and Goodridge do that. Besides them for pure MMA fighters maybe Chuck, Diego or Arlovski.
The list is a hell of a lot longer than that bud. You are in denail or just don't pay attention. Ken shamrock, Tito, The rua brothers, especially ninja, Big nog, Leben, krystoph, forrest griffin, fuck i could be here half the night. MMA is bad too.

Impossible to guess just from the fights an athlete has sustained, because we are still in the early days of truly understanding brain injuries.

Whilst we know that any severe head trauma - concussive or sub concussive - causes short and long term cumulative problems, there are some old boxers seemingly almost unaffected despite a lifetime of damage and some young fighters evidently impacted after just a few years ... so it looks like different brains are more or less susceptible and we have no idea why.

For example the Reem seems as perfectly articulate today as fifteen years ago, despite a scary number of vicious KOs and two decades of hard sparring, whilst many others have shown clear CTE symptoms - or sadly have even died of brain injuries - from fewer and far less vicious concussions.

So, we know that most fighters unfortunately will have some consequences later in life, but the extent is impossible to guess just by looking at the beatings they endured.

I think that's part of the reason why it is an accepted risk ... given that severe consequences are likely but not a certainty, the "it won't happen to me" mentality helps many justify the choice.

I remember reading an article about F1 racing drivers back in the 60s - 70s - 80s, when deaths were quite common. The drivers interviewed said that at the traditional group photo at the beginning of the championship they often would look at the picture and think "I wonder who won't be alive anymore by the end of the season" ... but of course it was always someone else ...

Chuck Liddell; you can't truly understand how much he's declined unless you know what he used to sound like:

(Timestamped)

I haven't seen anything like that in fighters like Overeem, JDS, etc.

Thing about Liddel is he's coked out or drunk 90% of the time post 2013...so you can't really tell

Whether its from cocaine induced partying or fighting, Chuck Liddell is easily a prime candidate for being the poster child for a brain damage commercial.

Overeem is also on that short list. He's been knocked out a million times now, cold. Is short punishment vs long periods of punishment better? Despite what Dana White likes to parade around, they are equally bad. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Overeem comes out with CTE 20 years down the line.

Even there Chuck was diminished. I met him in college when he came back to coach when he was about 23-24. He was smart and quick witted almost like a nerd.

Interesting to read about this side of Chuck. Would have never guessed. Thanks for sharing that.
I guess his lifestyle added quite some additional damage on top of his fighting / sparring.

A colleague once told me a story about Chuck from a friend of his who had an encounter with him and it was not a pleasant one. Chuck seemed to be constantly on the booze for a lot of time and it did not bring the best out of him.

Even there Chuck was diminished. I met him in college when he came back to coach when he was about 23-24. He was smart and quick witted almost like a nerd.
It's the earliest interview I could find of him, but the difference is noticeable all the same.

Gary goodridge. Though he got most of it from k1. Sad times.

Chuck Liddell; you can't truly understand how much he's declined unless you know what he used to sound like:

(Timestamped)

I haven't seen anything like that in fighters like Overeem, JDS, etc.

this is where Conor McGregor is right now.

can speak clearly but still occasionally but consistently stutters.

There are many but Mark Hunt has written that he stutters and slurs as well as experiences memory loss.

It does seem like its generally the tough ones who suffer the worst damage, Goodridge being the obvious example, someone like Reem tends to avoid extended beatdowns where as getting a concussion then taking more damage is I'd imagine far worse for your long term health.

Current I have to say Diego Sanchez and JDS. That beating JDS took from Cain ruined him, he has not been the same since. Big Country takes a beating too, I think that one flies under the radar

Chuck Liddell

I'd say Sanchez, just because he never goes out and takes the prolonged beating.

Back