Moreno v Pettis Main event Mexico 5th August

Who wins?

• Total voters
Losing to Frankie isn't getting "exposed", he fought a guy ranked way above anyone he's ever fought, he asked to fight him because he wants to take on the best and he lost. He got smooshed but, it's not the same as him losing to Mickey Gall.)
I'll admit exposed is a little harsh, they rushed him to quickly imo, he went from never fighting a ranked opponent to fighting Frankie Edgar which is insane.

When Zuffa owned the UFC, every main was good or justifiable. Every single time.
jake-no.gif

Mmmmmm yeah eat that new WME bullshit up with a smile. Our main events are sure to get better with people like you on these forums. WME takes away our worthy main events to save money and we have stupid assholes like yourself telling us we aren't real fight fans because we are concerned with the product and sport we love. You defend Sergio Pettis as a main event? Man fuck you. Some of us are real fight fans here. Go watch King of the Cage on YouTube it's free you'll fucking love it.
Lol. I think you are probably someone who maybe can't handle watching a 125 pound man on tv knowing he could probably kick your ass in about 15 seconds. Your the one who isn't s real MMA fan. We get badass fights 95 percent of the time and as soon as a flyweight fight (and one of the better matches are 125 that can be made I might add) gets announced as a main event you complain. Both Moreno and Sergio have been looking great and I have no doubt in my mind this fight will be awesome. It's a number 1 contenders fight and 100 % worthy of a main event. You sir have no clue what you are talking about.

If MM faces Sergio Pettis or Brandon Moreno next and people still want to call him number one p4p just shoot me in the back of the head.

While DJ faces the next in line half the other champions will be sidelined, ducking, or twiddling their thumbs.

Marquart vs Te Huna?
Ok, that was 3 years ago. 2014 was a disaster year for Zuffa. Name bad main events under Zuffa in the last 2 years. Worse than Sergio Pettis/ Moreno. Good luck.

I'll admit exposed is a little harsh, they rushed him to quickly imo, he went from never fighting a ranked opponent to fighting Frankie Edgar which is insane.
I thought Yair should have skipped Edgar and gone straight to Holloway or Aldo. He was a great contender UFC had on their hands. Now Cub gets the next shot.

great fight

dont ever complain that the UFC doesnt try to build stars

Ok. 2014 was a disaster year for Zuffa. Name bad main events under Zuffa in the last 2 years.
You've just changed course.
I could name more bad main events from last 2 years of ZUFFA but you'd probably just change course again.

Lol. I think you are probably someone who maybe can't handle watching a 125 pound man on tv knowing he could probably kick your ass in about 15 seconds. Your the one who isn't s real MMA fan. We get badass fights 95 percent of the time and as soon as a flyweight fight (and one of the better matches are 125 that can be made I might add) gets announced as a main event you complain. Both Moreno and Sergio have been looking great and I have no doubt in my mind this fight will be awesome. It's a number 1 contenders fight and 100 % worthy of a main event. You sir have no clue what you are talking about.
Number 1 contenders fight? Wow can't wait to watch MM fight these 2 killers. I'm so excited. Hold up ... why won't MM fight Dillashaw again? I didn't like Lobov as a main event or Calderwood who will be headlining a Scotland card. All male fighters in the UFC could kick my ass in an octagon that shit doesn't even need to be said. So could Cyborg or Germaine what does that have to do with anything?

I miss the days when UFC would put on like 15 shows a year and every show felt huge, I actually anticipated every show. Now they want to do 50 shows a year and their roster is so thin a fight that is prelim worthy is a main event.

The kid asked for it himself which takes huge balls. I respect it even if he failed. And like Frankie said, the kid is going to be a star in the future. He has too much talent not to imo.

Number 1 contenders fight? Wow can't wait to watch MM fight these 2 killers. I'm so excited. Hold up ... why won't MM fight Dillashaw again? I didn't like Lobov as a main event or Calderwood who will be headlining a Scotland card. All male fighters in the UFC could kick my ass in an octagon that shit doesn't even need to be said. So could Cyborg or Germaine what does that have to do with anything?

DJ already said he's defending his title in August vs. whoever the hell is offered (the PPV will be in his hometown).

Moreno vs. Pettis would be for the title shot after.

DJ already said he's defending his title in August vs. whoever the hell is offered (the PPV will be in his hometown).
Moreno vs. Pettis would be for the title shot after.
Whoever is offered besides TJ or a legitimate opponent you mean. YAWN. Damn just talking about MM makes me sleepy.

Interesting fight. I hope Moreno pulls it off. But having him headline over someone like Rodriguez...

Hope Grasso, Aldana, Rodriguez, Benitez and Alejandro etc are all on this card

Moreno is closer to a title shot than Yair IMO and he is higher up in the rankings after both of their last fights. Also they need to build up the people MM will eventually fight if he is ever going to be the draw that they want him to be.

I love this fight, Sergio is better on the feet but Moreno is better on the ground, they are both exciting and young fighters it should be a scrap.

Pulling for Moreno, he is my favorite FLW since Horiguchi left. The kid is very well rounded and always goes for the finish, seems to be getting better every fight which is always a good thing!

Back