Moreno v Pettis Main event Mexico 5th August

Who wins?

• Total voters
They should be pushing Erik Perez more, he was the original Mexican hope and after his loss to Caraway there seems to be no efforts in pushing him again for some reason. Dude is on a 3 fight win streak as well with wins over Rivera and Arantes which aren't scrubs

That's a good fight, rooting for Moreno.

Looks like he's going to be getting the Mexican push seeing as Yair, Grasso and Aldana all got exposed.

Also, anyone hating on this fight just because they're Flyweights is retarded, Moreno always brings it.

Interesting fight. I hope Moreno pulls it off. But having him headline over someone like Rodriguez...

Hope Grasso, Aldana, Rodriguez, Benitez and Alejandro etc are all on this card
Rodriguez took quite a pummelling. He won't be ready in time, sadly.

They should be pushing Erik Perez more, he was the original Mexican hope and after his loss to Caraway there seems to be no efforts in pushing him again for some reason. Dude is on a 3 fight win streak as well with wins over Rivera and Arantes which aren't scrubs

Perez vs. Soto would be a good fight for this card imo.

Should be a fun fight, but if that's the calibre of talent they're putting at the top of the bill, it makes me wonder what the rest of the card is going to look like.

Lamas should have headlined this, with a rematch against Cub, or something.

Edit: been informed that Lamas is fighting KZ at 214.

Last edited:
lol at people bitching about this great fight. fuck off.

Pushing their best young Mexican fighter at the moment, plus Pettid has Mexican ancestry. Full on battle de Mexico.

lol at complaining about what is a legitimately fantastic fight between two young fighters, what do you want for a main event? You want a title fight on every card, but you don't want more than 5 titles.
It's actually about time they highlighted more Flyweight fighters. Especially a fighter like Moreno. Who's really been kicking up a storm.

Should be a fun fight, but if that's the calibre of talent they're putting at the top of the bill, it makes me wonder what the rest of the card is going to look like.

Lamas is fighting Zombie, I think on 214. That would have been a good headliner here though.

whats the issue? thats a good fight and both are potential contenders for the title..... why wouldnt they give them a push?

Lamas is fighting Zombie, I think on 214. That would have been a good headliner here though.
Damn, can't believe I missed that. Would've been a better headliner for this card, like you said.

Perez vs. Soto would be a good fight for this card imo.
Pretty decent scrap there, I'd rather they keep the Mexicans against foreigners for the card. Perez vs Alcantara is a good main card scrap and Soto vs Chito would be a solid prelim fight

Lamas vs Zombie is rumoured for UFC 214 but I think this fight could have been a perfect headliner.

UFC is really losing its luster for me ... wet napkin cards complete ass

This is a kick ass fight and most likely will develop the next contender for Mighty Mouse

And it's a free card so shut up so called MMA fans
Mmmmmm yeah eat that new WME bullshit up with a smile. Our main events are sure to get better with people like you on these forums. WME takes away our worthy main events to save money and we have stupid assholes like yourself telling us we aren't real fight fans because we are concerned with the product and sport we love. You defend Sergio Pettis as a main event? Man fuck you. Some of us are real fight fans here. Go watch King of the Cage on YouTube it's free you'll fucking love it.

Mmmmmm yeah eat that new WME bullshit up with a smile. Our main events are sure to get better with people like you on these forums. WME takes away our worthy main events to save money and we have stupid assholes like yourself telling us we aren't real fight fans because we are concerned with the product and sport we love. You defend Sergio Pettis as a main event? Man fuck you. Some of us are real fight fans here. Go watch King of the Cage on YouTube it's free you'll fucking love it.
its a tv card ffs, its not like they are headlining a PPV.... chill out. how are they supposed to build future contenders if they dont give them a push?

Love it.

Moreno is one of the most exciting newcomers of the last few years. One of the best interviews too.

That's a good fight, rooting for Moreno.

Looks like he's going to be getting the Mexican push seeing as Yair, Grasso and Aldana all got exposed.

Also, anyone hating on this fight just because they're Flyweights is retarded, Moreno always brings it.

Losing to Frankie isn't getting "exposed", he fought a guy ranked way above anyone he's ever fought, he asked to fight him because he wants to take on the best and he lost. He got smooshed but, it's not the same as him losing to Mickey Gall.

But yes, agree, anyone hating on this fight itself, is a dimwit. It's a good fight which should produce excitement. My only gripe with the UFC is that they have so many fighters, so not every card is filled to the brim with solid fights + some of the mains don't have HUGE implications as far as title picture is concerned. I'd like to see more fights headline that have more to do with top ranked guys fighting each other/champs and or the random just awesome fight put together (TJ/MM could be at 135, idc, it'd be great)

If MM faces Sergio Pettis or Brandon Moreno next and people still want to call him number one p4p just shoot me in the back of the head. When Zuffa owned the UFC, every main was good, great or justifiable. Every single time. Now we get shit main events on TV, seemingly every single time. I used to give shit to people who complained about free cards, but this shit is rapidly deteriorating in front of our eyes. Only 60 dollar PPV's are going to be worth looking forward too now. Good job WME, you clearly know what you're doing. Take away our main events and save your money because most "hardkores" clearly don't give a shit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back