Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Man after another Vaal Hazak fight, no fangs. I’m about to give up on Leviathans Fury. It’s supposed to be better than the Nerg GS because you can apply handicraft to it and get white sharpness.

Well fuck. This game is about to make me a (not so) eligible bachelor.

Kind of burning out right now doing my own thing (mostly just tired of killing things) but still want to platinum. If anyone wants some assistance on hunts from an endgame geared person I'm Vizerath on PSN for anyone who hasn't added me.

I finally got my tenderizer gem so I don't even need gem drops anymore. Only thing I can do to upgrade my build is get 2 more axe aug stones and then its just platinum until dlc/grank!

Just watched a video that pointed out attack boost and weakness exploit as the best skills for Greatsword lol, turns out I was right. Focus takes 2.6 seconds off of a charge combo but due to shoulder tackle cancelling, isn’t necessary and is merely a creature comfort. I do want ear plugs though to stop getting cucked out of my true charges. Need level 5 though to be immune to elder dragon roars.

Just watched a video that pointed out attack boost and weakness exploit as the best skills for Greatsword lol, turns out I was right. Focus takes 2.6 seconds off of a charge combo but due to shoulder tackle cancelling, isn’t necessary and is merely a creature comfort. I do want ear plugs though to stop getting cucked out of my true charges. Need level 5 though to be immune to elder dragon roars.
this guy shows a decent bulid for ear plugs, flinch free, and divine blessing

I have 4 ear plug gems but it's hard trying to work them into a build when you're wanting other skills. Would be great to have roar immunity though.

I still havent figured out the combat strategy. I hate button mashing but its all I'm good for so far. I keep mounting things in accident.. need to figure out how to do it on purpose

I still havent figured out the combat strategy. I hate button mashing but its all I'm good for so far. I keep mounting things in accident.. need to figure out how to do it on purpose

Yeah man, you're going to have to get your combos down. Button mashing can work with fast weapons on earlier hunts, but later in the game you'll get wrecked. Depending on the weapon you choose will depend on how your attack strings will go. Fast weapons like the Dual Swords or Sword and Shield may feel more like hack and slash, but you'll need to understands it's combos to know when you can commit to a long chain that leaves you open.

Mounting is pretty easy to get. When you're character is running and come to a small ledge, you will manually jump off. During that jump animation if you attack you'll execute a jumping attack, which leads to a mount. You won't get a mount off over every jump attack, but you will eventually jump on it's back. The more you mount in a fight, the more jump attacks will be needed to successfully mount the monster.

So keep an eye out for any little ledges in the terrain, and try to keep the fight centered around those to open up a mount. There are a few other ways to mount as well. While sprinting down a long hill you can also execute a jump attack, the Insect Glaive has a jump attack that makes mounting pretty easy, the Great Sword has a down hill slide attack that launches in the air which can lead to a mount. I haven't played around with a lot of the other weapons, but I'm sure they're are more specialized attacks that can lead to a mount.

I have 4 ear plug gems but it's hard trying to work them into a build when you're wanting other skills. Would be great to have roar immunity though.
Bazel coil and an ear plugs 3 charm is the suggestion I was given

Ok earplugs are OP. I just beat an arena Rathalos in 6 minutes. It really feels like cheating.

I had a feeling those would be pretty game breaking, especially for heavy weapon users.

I had a feeling those would be pretty game breaking, especially for heavy weapon users.
Putting a build together with earplugs 5, focus 3 and weakness exploit 3. I wanna give focus a try with earplugs to see if I can really fuck shit up. I know I talked shit but I wanna squeeze every ounce of damage out of this baby. Focus also charges phials faster for the CB.

Only time ear plugs are disadvantageous is when you need a roar to knock you out of a stun. Particularly in the Diablos fight where he slams charges

All this talk about ear plugs and I'm just over here with my rocksteady mantle on 0.0

All this talk about ear plugs and I'm just over here with my rocksteady mantle on 0.0

Cool, never knew it had the ear plug effect i'll be using this my next fight.

Back