Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

So according to an article I read, light bowgun is the best weapon in the game, with the Greatsword rated at 13 out of 15 or something like that. Anyone agree? Dual blades are 2nd. I feel like they asked noobs and pussies that want spammy weapons or something you can use without getting hit. I’d say 60% of the randoms I meet in co op are using a ranged weapon while I’m in there wrecking shit and getting hit lol

Since i went from bow to insect glaive i seem to be getting hit a lot less which is weird. Using a bow even monsters like Diablos were giving me fits at times.

I just bought this game yesterday. Having never heard if the series or seen any previews.

Hope I enjoy it

It's so addictive, i can't stop playing. Haven't been hooked on a game this much in years.

It's so addictive, i can't stop playing. Haven't been hooked on a game this much in years.
Awesome. That's what I'm hoping to have happen. I havent played a game seriously since final fantasy 11 took 10 years off my life. Hoping this can fill that void

Awesome. That's what I'm hoping to have happen. I havent played a game seriously since final fantasy 11 took 10 years off my life. Hoping this can fill that void

It's not for everyone. On the surface it looks like a hack and slash game, but if you try to come at it from that angle you're going to have a terrible time and see the "Mission Failed" screen on a regular basis.

If it sinks its teeth in you though, you'll drop hours and hours and wonder where all the time went.

I’m at 110 hours and HR 49. And thats with 3 days off due to “technical difficulties” <45>

I hate the Leviasoth fight. He's just a re-skinned lava version of the Jyuratodos, but he's so much more mobile than his aquatic counter part and he constantly cuts off parts of the battlefield with lava limiting attack windows. The fire mantle is nice for the fight, but it only lasts so long and then your back to dodging around lava pools everywhere.

Haha a story. My friends and I didn't look at a monster list before playing and when I ran into a lavasioth for the first time my best friend jumps out of his seat and yells "hahahahaha it's your favorite monster" because I hate it so much ._.

F that guy. At least there is no plesioth!

So according to an article I read, light bowgun is the best weapon in the game, with the Greatsword rated at 13 out of 15 or something like that. Anyone agree? Dual blades are 2nd. I feel like they asked noobs and pussies that want spammy weapons or something you can use without getting hit. I’d say 60% of the randoms I meet in co op are using a ranged weapon while I’m in there wrecking shit and getting hit lol

It depends on what group you are polling tbh. It's also not so simple in that weapons don't perform the same in single and multiplayer per say. Lbg also got as far as I can tell about a 30% damage nerf and significant change to playability with it not causing knockouts or part cuts nearly as often. I'm sure this dramatically changes opinions.

I see longsword and dual blades at the top of most charts. I have a complete end game DB build and don't really get it. The stamina drain and lack of other defense seem too detrimental to me. Longsword I can definitely see though as it is so flexible on positioning with very low stamina consumption.

have you used the light bowgun? I'm at a point where I need to kill a tempered kirin and am trying to figure out what would be easier a bow or light bowgun.

LBG is super broken for kirin because the slicing shots are always in range of the horn which causes every shot to crit if you have weakness exploit 3. Completely OP and would recommend.

Haha a story. My friends and I didn't look at a monster list before playing and when I ran into a lavasioth for the first time my best friend jumps out of his seat and yells "hahahahaha it's your favorite monster" because I hate it so much ._.

F that guy. At least there is no plesioth!

Yeah, seriously fuck that guy. I hated chasing that guy around just for him to jump in the water and wait.

LBG is super broken for kirin because the slicing shots are always in range of the horn which causes every shot to crit if you have weakness exploit 3. Completely OP and would recommend.
that's what I was using then it ran away to it's nest so I went to go finish it off with the mega barrel bombs but it wasn't sleeping just pissed off. It's kind of a pain fighting it in that area it just kept jumping from one platform to another and would zap me when I tried climbing the vines.

I’ve tried high rank Kirin with randoms and everyone gets bodied. Even when it’s limping. The last stand in the nest just fucks everyone up.

I’ve tried high rank Kirin with randoms and everyone gets bodied. Even when it’s limping. The last stand in the nest just fucks everyone up.
most the guides I've seen said it's easier just to solo it due to it having low HP compared to other elder dragons so anytime you try it in groups the modifiers kick in and it makes that last phase harder then it should be.

just fired 70-80 rnds off that into it plus 20-30 rnds of piercing 3 and a shit ton of normal 3 plus wyvern blast after I knocked it down a couple times and it only started to limp at the 45min mark and I am using a tier 6 bowgun and ran out of time.

just fired 70-80 rnds off that into it plus 20-30 rnds of piercing 3 and a shit ton of normal 3 plus wyvern blast after I knocked it down a couple times and it only started to limp at the 45min mark and I am using a tier 6 bowgun and ran out of time.

I gave a quick attempt at Kirin this morning with the bow. Got PWNed badly. I will have to work on it. Might have been a bit too early in the morning for me and I needed to warm up a bit.

Gonna aim to beat this bitch solo now.

I gave a quick attempt at Kirin this morning with the bow. Got PWNed badly. I will have to work on it. Might have been a bit too early in the morning for me and I needed to warm up a bit.

Gonna aim to beat this bitch solo now.
I would've got him with 5 extra mins but got carted with under 5 mins to go and they took me to camp 1 instead of 12. My palico and trailrider kept him busy just ran out of time looking for slashberries and waiting for themantles to recharge.

How did you only fire that few rounds? You know you can go back to camp and reload all your items right?

Back