Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Hey Dinkin any help,Ok so i just got access to the high rank armor and purple stuff. Got a bunch of Zorah mag stuff i can build it looks like but i just upgraded the full Diablo set.. Should I just keep collecting stuff for the high rank armor or just build the Zorah Mag stuff right away? I'm also still confused on the TREE upgrading of weapons. I'm still stuck with the same great sword and the materials all say ???.
Should I just keep going through the story or keep trying to farm for better stuff. I'm not that strong and I think the next mission is that super rathian.

I was close to putting together a few of Zorah weapon/armor, but was shy of a few mats. Once I started collecting High Rank materials it opened up a lot options, so I never actually made any of the Zorah stuff. Because the Zorah stuff is low rank, it probably gets outclassed pretty quick by entry level High Rank gear.

Do a couple of the entry level High Rank quests and take a look at their armor. A good set to enter into High Rank is the High Beetle armor. You need to farm bugs for the set, so while you don't need any big monster hunt materials, getting all of the little wings and shells can be a pain. A few of the pieces have an Evasion bonus which extends the invulnerability window during rolls making it much easier to dodge away from incoming attakcs. It also has Quick Sheath, but depending on your weapon choice this can be a pretty 'meh' skill. As a Great Sword user you do a lot of hit and run and Quick Sheath is great.

As for the weapon tree, there are a few different paths, some of which open up in high rank. To start there are 2 paths, Ore and Bone. As you progress down each path it will branch off where you can continue down the Ore(for example) path, or take it down the Great Jargas path. Different monsters have different attributes, so by taking it down their specific path you weapon will have their attibutes like fire/ice/elec. The Great Jargas Slasher is easy to get at the start of High Rank since he's once of the first hunts you come across and is actually pretty great. I used it for a long time until I started getting some of the later High Rank material. The "???" are materials you haven't run across yet. So as you take down more monsters, those "???" will clear up and you'll see the actual materials needed.

Took down my last Elder Dragon in Vaal Hazak. He tripple carted me the first go which was pretty embarassing. First cart went pretty smooth feeling him out, but came down with the effluvium(sp?) blight and couldn't get the proper distance to recover. Came back guns blazing getting a good feel for his attacks when I got knocked into the water and dropped fast from what I thought was more blight. The last crack on my first run I was trying to create space running through the water with my HP's tanking trying to eat Nulbarries to clear the blight and fainted in record time. Then it hit me right as I died that I was standing in acid and not water. I felt pretty fucking stupid.

Tried again right away and absolutly wrecked his shit. The Great Sword sheathed charge --> tackle positions you deep in his center mass clear of most of his attacks. I was able land full charge True Attacks over and over, severing his tail and smashing parts left and right. He was by far the easiest of the Elder Dragons. Had to take a break then, so hoping I'm coming to an end of the story mode to bounce past HR15 and see the last materials needed for some of the Rarity 8 weapons.

Xeno down, christ that was a long fight. He dropped his gem in the first go so need do decide which weapon gets it. Will probably end up trying for the upgraded Nerg GS so will put it on the Xeno LS. need to farm a Wyvern gem first though since it's in the path.

Some dude horned in on my optional Xeno quest, did no damage and died twice, costing me 40 minutes of my life. I almost want to send him hate mail.

Does he only do the baseball slide to the right?

He can do that both ways, but thats the only attack you have to dodge. If you fight him on the right he does the big hand slap to the right but not the left. It's nice to only have to watch for one attack!

Xeno down, christ that was a long fight. He dropped his gem in the first go so need do decide which weapon gets it. Will probably end up trying for the upgraded Nerg GS so will put it on the Xeno LS. need to farm a Wyvern gem first though since it's in the path.

Due to the mechanics that fight is dramatically different for different weapons. My buddy plays SA and that fight is actually not the easiest for him. It's so easy for CB since the discharge hits very high up you can produce a very consistent damage profile just hitting back legs and discharge slamming. So much more dangerous to have to focus the front legs and makes it take forever!

Due to the mechanics that fight is dramatically different for different weapons. My buddy plays SA and that fight is actually not the easiest for him. It's so easy for CB since the discharge hits very high up you can produce a very consistent damage profile just hitting back legs and discharge slamming. So much more dangerous to have to focus the front legs and makes it take forever!

Took him out a few more times MP and it was WAY faster. Playing solo was like a game of chase, where all I did was run in circles trying to hit his toes. I don't think I need any more parts from him, so I'm done for a while.

Still torn on what to do with his Gem. His Long Sword looks good, but also have a Baez Gem and his LS with Blast damage looks pretty dope. I might jump on the CB band wagon and turn it over to that.

I wish his armor had better GS skills since it looks boss as fuck.

Took him out a few more times MP and it was WAY faster. Playing solo was like a game of chase, where all I did was run in circles trying to hit his toes. I don't think I need any more parts from him, so I'm done for a while.

Still torn on what to do with his Gem. His Long Sword looks good, but also have a Baez Gem and his LS with Blast damage looks pretty dope. I might jump on the CB band wagon and turn it over to that.

Just to let you know if you try out CB since you are already end game the real best CB is actually diablos tyrannis 2 so you can use the xeno gem for something else! It's nice like that for CB!

Just to let you know if you try out CB since you are already end game the real best CB is actually diablos tyrannis 2 so you can use the xeno gem for something else! It's nice like that for CB!

Second this. As a charge blade main, the Diablos Tyrannis beats out the Nerg charge blade. Most raw damage, and phails don't crit, so the negative affinity isn't an issue. Also, while the Nerg LongSword is certainly really good, I think the final workshop version is better. Good white sharpness with the same damage and once you put an elementless decoration on it, you're golden.

I'd probably use it on the GS, Bow, or Dual Blades. But hey, the good think about MH is that all builds are workable. So at the end of the day, pick what you want.

I’ve got the final Nerg Greatsword, it’s pretty slick

Took down my last Elder Dragon in Vaal Hazak. He tripple carted me the first go which was pretty embarassing. First cart went pretty smooth feeling him out, but came down with the effluvium(sp?) blight and couldn't get the proper distance to recover. Came back guns blazing getting a good feel for his attacks when I got knocked into the water and dropped fast from what I thought was more blight. The last crack on my first run I was trying to create space running through the water with my HP's tanking trying to eat Nulbarries to clear the blight and fainted in record time. Then it hit me right as I died that I was standing in acid and not water. I felt pretty fucking stupid.

Tried again right away and absolutly wrecked his shit. The Great Sword sheathed charge --> tackle positions you deep in his center mass clear of most of his attacks. I was able land full charge True Attacks over and over, severing his tail and smashing parts left and right. He was by far the easiest of the Elder Dragons. Had to take a break then, so hoping I'm coming to an end of the story mode to bounce past HR15 and see the last materials needed for some of the Rarity 8 weapons.
It's going the opposite with that one for me he was the first one I went up againt and really wasn't planning to beat him just wanted to feel him out and get the cut scene out of the way. I have my palico at lvl 24 and after getting the plunder blade have that group of grimalkynes in that cave close to the fight and anytime the girros showup one of them joins to. After just a couple hit stuff started to break so I went for it and be him but now when I join a sos that damn blight and acid water is just carting everyone. He really is easy 1v1 but getting 4 ppl going at him the environmental dmg after getting your hp halved is a pain.

It's going the opposite with that one for me he was the first one I went up againt and really wasn't planning to beat him just wanted to feel him out and get the cut scene out of the way. I have my palico at lvl 24 and after getting the plunder blade have that group of grimalkynes in that cave close to the fight and anytime the girros showup one of them joins to. After just a couple hit stuff started to break so I went for it and be him but now when I join a sos that damn blight and acid water is just carting everyone. He really is easy 1v1 but getting 4 ppl going at him the environmental dmg after getting your hp halved is a pain.

A couple tips. The debuff is called effluvial. Any combination of gems and armor with effluvial 3 will resolve most of your issues on that fight. The only other problem you run into is the dot but a protip on that. All of the games mantles have a mask that blocks the slow dot. If you do a good job combining together this and health booster the fight is incredibly easy. He's definitely the boss that is the most dramatically different with the right preparation in the game. He is doable without it like one particular boss (mutters crazily to self)...

So after many attempts at a Nerg Gem, I used my Gold Ticket from the Weekly Limited Bounty to meld a Nerg Gem. Finally rocking the Purgation's Atrocity and done with farming materials for a bit. Time to start going after Tempered quests to get past HR29.

So after many attempts at a Nerg Gem, I used my Gold Ticket from the Weekly Limited Bounty to meld a Nerg Gem. Finally rocking the Purgation's Atrocity and done with farming materials for a bit. Time to start going after Tempered quests to get past HR29.
Dude I got like Nerg 5 gems last night, even got one from a tail carve. It’s so RNG.

Struggling to find Streamstones, i get plenty of streamstone shards from tempered investigations. I need them for armor upgrades.

Struggling to find Streamstones, i get plenty of streamstone shards from tempered investigations. I need them for armor upgrades.
I got like 5 doing the double bazel quest

I got like 5 doing the double bazel quest

Nice one, i'll try that quest then. Had 1 drop from an Odegaron investigation that was it for about 15 hunts.

Got the final Odogaron and Bazel twin blades. I like the Odo ones because they have white sharpness. Gonna fuck around with a lance or gun lance next.

I think my build is suitable for all weapons. Attack boost 7 and weakness exploit 3 with no skills favoring any particular weapon. GS is still bae tho.

The different streamstones drop from the different tier'd monsters. Took me awhile to figure that out. Gleaming Streamstones from the Elder Dragons; Streamstones from the Tier 2 (which includes Ogodaron, Bazeldick, Azure Rathalos, Diablos etc.); and Streamstone Shards from the Tier 1 (Anjath, Pukie, Rathian, etc.). You'll also unlock more of those tier'd investigations as you track/hunter that particular tier. As a general rule, if the investigation recommends HR13, it's tier 1, and if it recommends HR30, it's tier 2. Although sometimes if it's a multiple monster hunt, it will list it as HR30 even those it contains tier 1 monsters.

Hope that helps.

Back