Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

Forged an Ice Great Sword last night to take on Rathalos and Diablos with my new character. Forgot how annoying Rathalos can be at earlier levels but I did get his tail in one heavy combo which was awesome.

Diablos was interesting and a lot different not using the hammer. I usually neuter him early on by breaking his horns. This time I focused on his tail and slowly broke his horns. Those things are a bitch when you actually have to deal with them. I've fought Diablos so many times now that I can do it in my sleep but it was fun developing new strategies.

Really just makes me want to farm and craft a few other weapons to play around with.

Wow this Kirin hunt is brutal, getting one shotted when the thunderproof mantle runs out.

how close is Vaal Hazak, Kushala Daora, and Teostra to end of the story?

how close is Vaal Hazak, Kushala Daora, and Teostra to end of the story?

You just get one more story mission after you kill the third. However, after that story you'll move on to tempered monsters. To that effect you will get a handful of new optional missions, and a bunch of new tempered investigations.

High on preworkout I gave Xeno another try. Bad move. Spiked the disc on the floor after the 3rd cart and chucked it in the trash. 80+hours so I consider it I got my money’s worth.

I can't wait until you re-buy it or whatever and get to the Kirin quest.

Anyone else at this quest just now? i must've had it down to a few hits left on 3 occasions and it's one shotted me with it's rng lightning. Gonna take a break and hunt other monsters for a bit.

Game is tight. Im wrecking shit with the bow obvi. what else are good weapons?

Anyone else at this quest just now? i must've had it down to a few hits left on 3 occasions and it's one shotted me with it's rng lightning. Gonna take a break and hunt other monsters for a bit.

Make a lightning res set. Some weapons are op too due to Kirin range limits on different attacks.

Make a lightning res set. Some weapons are op too due to Kirin range limits on different attacks.

I have 3 lightning resist decorations, the thunderproof mantle, vitality mantle. Bow with high elderseal. My lightning resist is decent but might make the Tobi-kadachi armor or something for extra protection.

On the Rathalos/Diablos hunt now, how many more story missions until the end? And after completing the main story mission you get HR and get a bunch of stronger shit to face?

Fought Kirin last night, I feel like a ranged weapon would make the fight and most fights ridiculously easy. Are they just really weak? Or what?

On the Rathalos/Diablos hunt now, how many more story missions until the end? And after completing the main story mission you get HR and get a bunch of stronger shit to face?

Fought Kirin last night, I feel like a ranged weapon would make the fight and most fights ridiculously easy. Are they just really weak? Or what?

Do you mean low rank Kirin? I've been using a bow for a while now. It is a bit easier to dodge compared to melee weapons. The bow has a sidestep animation for dodging whilst aiming that is really good.

Finally beat Kirin, by far the hardest thing the game has threw at me yet.

That was the one fight that actually forced me to back out and spend a couple of hours making a build just dedicated to fucking him up. Once you get past him and start augmenting, you're good because your armor boosts will at least prevent you from getting one-shot. But until then, craft a heavy bow gun, apply slice ammo. Shoot that fucking pony in his head until he dies.

Edit: Just saw your last post. Congrats. Fuck that horse.

That was the one fight that actually forced me to back out and spend a couple of hours making a build just dedicated to fucking him up. Once you get past him and start augmenting, you're good because your armor boosts will at least prevent you from getting one-shot. But until then, craft a heavy bow gun, apply slice ammo. Shoot that fucking pony in his head until he dies.

Edit: Just saw your last post. Congrats. Fuck that horse.

Yeah i was the same, new bow, armor, charm, equipment changed everything.

Beat a few tempered elders. Just spent 500k and all my armor spheres augmenting my armor. totally cleaned out.

Got the digital version, still can’t beat the piece of shit Xeno and no one is responding to SOS’s.

Lol just stay underneath him near his front legs. He telegraphs his charge to where you can clear out before.

Beat the piece of shit solo, Nerg Greatsword and 3 stalagmites, 33 minutes and 2 carts. I probably would have committed seppuku if I’d died.

In the last 5 minutes I lost connection to the server and had to menu through 2 prompts while I was fighting the fucking thing.

Feels great to have finally killed it.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders lmao

I am going to try this out when I get paid. I can't wait, it seems to have a big community.

Back