Multiplatform Monster Hunter World

The different streamstones drop from the different tier'd monsters. Took me awhile to figure that out. Gleaming Streamstones from the Elder Dragons; Streamstones from the Tier 2 (which includes Ogodaron, Bazeldick, Azure Rathalos, Diablos etc.); and Streamstone Shards from the Tier 1 (Anjath, Pukie, Rathian, etc.). You'll also unlock more of those tier'd investigations as you track/hunter that particular tier. As a general rule, if the investigation recommends HR13, it's tier 1, and if it recommends HR30, it's tier 2. Although sometimes if it's a multiple monster hunt, it will list it as HR30 even those it contains tier 1 monsters.

Hope that helps.

Perfect thanks. i had an idea it was something like this after one dropped from Odegaron. I was trying to get them from tier 1 hunts before that.

Got the final Odogaron and Bazel twin blades. I like the Odo ones because they have white sharpness. Gonna fuck around with a lance or gun lance next.

I think my build is suitable for all weapons. Attack boost 7 and weakness exploit 3 with no skills favoring any particular weapon. GS is still bae tho.

I'm slightly amused that you listed one of two melee weapons that definitely need other skills after saying that :p

I don’t see the need for focus for gs

And drawing skills. It's like saying you can dig a pit with a spoon. I'm forced to agree that it is possible but that doesn't make it the best idea.

Cleard the two Bazelgeuse to move past HR29 and jumped to 35. Only had time for a few more hunts, and wanted to try a few different difficulties to see how much exp you got, and figured I'd hunt something I was already planning on farming more. Went with a Tempered Legiana investigation and a Kushala Daora investigation and ended up getting gems from both which was pretty awesome. Ended up using them on my Evasion Charm and boosted it from level 1 to 3.

How long did it take you guys from clearing HR29 to HR49?

And drawing skills. It's like saying you can dig a pit with a spoon. I'm forced to agree that it is possible but that doesn't make it the best idea.
I’ll take the DPS over creature comforts

Took awhile. I think I jumped to HR44 after the two Bazel's. It probably took between 5-10 hours to get from there to HR49. But I don't think I was particularly grinding towards it though. Just playing like usual. I think elder dragon farming would be the way to go if you're just grinding as fast as possible. And elder gives about 1/3 of a level per hunt, so that would be my way to go.

Found a weakness exploit gem, happy with that, means i can swap the Teostra gauntlets for the Bazel gauntlets to add +2 crit draw.

I can't find anything online for this, does anyone know if the Bombardier skill works for the Dragon Piercer shot on the bow?

Cleard the two Bazelgeuse to move past HR29 and jumped to 35. Only had time for a few more hunts, and wanted to try a few different difficulties to see how much exp you got, and figured I'd hunt something I was already planning on farming more. Went with a Tempered Legiana investigation and a Kushala Daora investigation and ended up getting gems from both which was pretty awesome. Ended up using them on my Evasion Charm and boosted it from level 1 to 3.

Took awhile. I think I jumped to HR44 after the two Bazel's. It probably took between 5-10 hours to get from there to HR49. But I don't think I was particularly grinding towards it though. Just playing like usual. I think elder dragon farming would be the way to go if you're just grinding as fast as possible. And elder gives about 1/3 of a level per hunt, so that would be my way to go.

Did you guys solo those bitches???

I had to resort to switching to bow and it wasn't very developed so I asked my clanmates to help me. After 4 attempts they all switched to bows and we cleared it easily. Those fuckers were bitches. I jumped to HR48 once I cleared it.

I am going to have to spend a day or two practicing the different type of weapons properly. Positive I am not using it to max effect. My bow skills at pathetically weak as of now.

Favorite is the sword and shield followed with the dualies but I think there's better out there.

Might be time to start making load outs. GS would probably be sexy with ear plugs because I get roared out of true charges a lot of the time. Killed enough Basel’s to get earplugs level 3

I had to resort to switching to bow and it wasn't very developed so I asked my clanmates to help me. After 4 attempts they all switched to bows and we cleared it easily. Those fuckers were bitches. I jumped to HR48 once I cleared it.

I am going to have to spend a day or two practicing the different type of weapons properly. Positive I am not using it to max effect. My bow skills at pathetically weak as of now.

Favorite is the sword and shield followed with the dualies but I think there's better out there.

No, now that I'm in the phase of grinding for materials/HR I'm trying to go for short clear times. I don't fire of an SoS until I have the move set down, I don't want to be the group liability.

But since I had fought Bazel numerous times, I jumped in the quest and fired and SoS. We had 1 cart, but it went fairly smooth after that.

I’ll take the DPS over creature comforts

See thats the part you don't understand. DPS stands for damage per second. Your dps is dramatically lower when you miss entire windows to hit things because you can't get your sword out fast enough and can't charge it fast enough. You are trading a few hits with +20-50 damage for completely missed windows of damage...

Weeeelll I went from HR 29 to HR 48 but it probably took me a day because I hunted most of the day before I did that quest because I had friends over who were behind me in progress. If you only did high end quests with 4 player teams it probably could be done in a few hours though. I figure even in suboptimal groups clearing a quest every 10 minutes and getting about 1/3 to 1/2 a level per quest you know? I think most groups can do 10 min quests until elder tempered.

Edit to add: If you see me on let me know. I can help you grind up. I'm HR 86 and just working toward 100 right now so whatever higher level grinding works for me.

Yeah I found Elder dragon farming to be the best. Not only that but you get components for the strongest sets of gear anyway.

If you have a really strong group SNS is a crazy powerful thing to run. I basically only run charge blade and then this gimmicky SNS build. Charge blade is my default that I run in pugs because no matter what I can carry the group with damage and I won't die thanks to shielding out of dangerous situations.

Having said that SNS is crazy powerful thanks to the fact that it has the best paralyze weapon. There is a mushroomancer build wherein you can buff your party like crazy, keep everyone alive thanks to wide range (wide range even works on healing potions... nani?!) and constantly stun/mount the monster you are fighting. Secondarily against the elder dragons SNS has a crazy advantage thanks to how powerful flashpods are. Basically you carry 10 flashbugs and every. single. time. the monster trys to fly in the air you instaflash them since SNS can use items while your weapons are out. It's so broken... but the problem is your group kind of needs to know whats going on to take full advantage of it. You can literally flash things in crazy situations if you are okay at twitch gaming... like when teo does his fly dive that only has like a second long tell... flash stunned with SNS... When I run this with my RL friends the fights have almost no danger as well since you para is so high combined with master mounter and flashpods the mobs are basically just wtfpwned. The only problem is your dps needs to be adequate (not necessarily good even) so that the fight doesn't go too deep into para buffing the monster. (every status effect takes longer with each application, that includes mounting).

The other limitation to that build is you need to have a crazy store of items. I got lucky and somehow got soft soil early on in my playthrough so I've got literally hundreds of every ingredient so I can check that box as well.

Found a weakness exploit gem, happy with that, means i can swap the Teostra gauntlets for the Bazel gauntlets to add +2 crit draw.

I can't find anything online for this, does anyone know if the Bombardier skill works for the Dragon Piercer shot on the bow?

I'm actually pretty jealous. Everyone I know has a tenderizer gem but I can't seem to get one. I have a grand plan that all revolves around getting one of those dang things. I think I have it worked out where I can not lose anything and end up with 2 focus on top of all the crazy stuff I already have which would push my CB into crazy dps numbers.

If you have a really strong group SNS is a crazy powerful thing to run. I basically only run charge blade and then this gimmicky SNS build. Charge blade is my default that I run in pugs because no matter what I can carry the group with damage and I won't die thanks to shielding out of dangerous situations.

Having said that SNS is crazy powerful thanks to the fact that it has the best paralyze weapon. There is a mushroomancer build wherein you can buff your party like crazy, keep everyone alive thanks to wide range (wide range even works on healing potions... nani?!) and constantly stun/mount the monster you are fighting. Secondarily against the elder dragons SNS has a crazy advantage thanks to how powerful flashpods are. Basically you carry 10 flashbugs and every. single. time. the monster trys to fly in the air you instaflash them since SNS can use items while your weapons are out. It's so broken... but the problem is your group kind of needs to know whats going on to take full advantage of it. You can literally flash things in crazy situations if you are okay at twitch gaming... like when teo does his fly dive that only has like a second long tell... flash stunned with SNS... When I run this with my RL friends the fights have almost no danger as well since you para is so high combined with master mounter and flashpods the mobs are basically just wtfpwned. The only problem is your dps needs to be adequate (not necessarily good even) so that the fight doesn't go too deep into para buffing the monster. (every status effect takes longer with each application, that includes mounting).

The other limitation to that build is you need to have a crazy store of items. I got lucky and somehow got soft soil early on in my playthrough so I've got literally hundreds of every ingredient so I can check that box as well.

yeah I was away on vacation when this game dropped so I had major catchup once I came back. As such I ended up always being the weakest one in our group and I resorted to almost full support. I use soft soil and farm 2 slots of flash bugs so I have 400 of them suckers in my inventory. I bring 10 bugs and 3 flash pods so I am always loaded for dragon hunting. I generally don't have issues with surviving. I don't have the DPS but I do whatever I can and try not to do.

I remember after I beat Xeno I decided to farm him to learn him. The first time was okay but the 2nd attempt I felt terrible. I died 3 times and and wasted the efforts of the other hunters but I learned from that and haven't died since. I felt so bad... I think we were pretty damn close to killing him. We had even cut off its tail. lol

See thats the part you don't understand. DPS stands for damage per second. Your dps is dramatically lower when you miss entire windows to hit things because you can't get your sword out fast enough and can't charge it fast enough. You are trading a few hits with +20-50 damage for completely missed windows of damage...
I use GS on team hunts where the monster is ignoring me a lot of the time. Solo you’re right though, seconds matter.

I'm actually pretty jealous. Everyone I know has a tenderizer gem but I can't seem to get one. I have a grand plan that all revolves around getting one of those dang things. I think I have it worked out where I can not lose anything and end up with 2 focus on top of all the crazy stuff I already have which would push my CB into crazy dps numbers.

Yeah i was pleasantly surprised when it showed up. You seem to be the furthest ahead in this thread. what's your setup like?

I dunno if you know anything about bow setups but wondering if you have any advice to what i should be looking for. my skill setup is

Crit Eye 5/7
Weakness exploit 3/3
Bombardier 3/3
Crit Draw 2/3
Special ammo boost 2/2
Constitution 2/5
Attack boost 1/7
Dragon Attack 1/5(gem on the elderseal bow)
Quick sheath 1/3

I'm still grinding for parts but wondering what augment i should use on the bow, i'm torn between the Affinity boost or an extra gem slot.

Eh, focus is negligible and when you get roared out of charges anyways, I’d rather have the higher damage output. Using focus 3 and ear plugs 3 and all I noticed was my damage output was lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back