Media Molly McCann Considered Retiring After Stoljarenko Defeat

Tough life, being a pro fighter. I can see how a loss or two can hurt your self confidence. When I was in college, my gym teacher, who was the track coach, asked me to try out for the track team for 100 yd dash. After school, I went out to the track, and raced a guy that was already on the team, and he beat me. I figured if I couldn't beat him, what was the sense? I can only imagine how it must feel to lose a fight, and come back from that.

Did he touch you?

Just a year earlier she was delivering spinning elbow KO's in front of a supportive England crowd. Then two losses occur and it's suddenly "she's so annoying", people wanting her cut from the roster, and her herself considering retirement. The peaks and valleys in this sport are indeed wild.

source.gif
Like her or not, that's a fantastic KO.

The Strawweight move is a desperation one. Her last fight was a literal layup, a fighter with a losing UFC record, being weight drained from 135 to 125 for the first time. She failed. Now she’s moving down herself, and being given what should be another layup: an opponent she already beat while at 125. The favoritism being shown to this absolute mid fighter is beyond ridiculous at this point.

She cost me about 2 grand in that fight so yeah I want her to get hurt lol
If a bet is relying on someone that bad, you got what was coming to ya
I havnt followed her career THAT close but I don’t recall size ever being her problem, she was just losing to better fighters.
Correct.
Just a year earlier she was delivering spinning elbow KO's in front of a supportive England crowd. Then two losses occur and it's suddenly "she's so annoying", people wanting her cut from the roster, and her herself considering retirement. The peaks and valleys in this sport are indeed wild.

source.gif
She was always annoying.

So I had probably 100-200 pounds on about 15 bets. At least 5-8 of them bets was gonna be winners with aspinall finish. So each one worth 2-300. So yeah... Hate the woman tbh
Man that's savage, but in all seriousness you are an absolute mug if you stuck Molly in 5-8 bets

I've done it before, I feel ya, but learn from the mistake :D

Her technical skill level might not be high but she's exciting and a better finisher than Paddy. When she isnt drunk and runnin around on top of the cage and all that she seems like a decent person who you can tell takes her losses very fuckin hard. She's just been doing regular candid interviews latley,and I like her and hope she does well. Any woman bodying people w spinning backfists I hope will stick around. Not too many doing that.

Okay so we are one loss away from not having to see her anymore, great.
I don't wish no-one ill in life really, but you reap what you sow and Molly is a very delusional, obnoxious person when she is on the mic, and going into the cage she absolutely doesn't have the skills to back up her big mouth.
I really have a problem when these clowns call people trolls, haters etc when it is all just backlash from your personality. Just like Ian Garry.
If you go for the cocky persona, you really need a good bit of charm to go with it, or you will just not be liked by most people, same in real life.

Man that's savage, but in all seriousness you are an absolute mug if you stuck Molly in 5-8 bets

I've done it before, I feel ya, but learn from the mistake :D
Yup mistake learnt

"What we do is so time consuming, mentally draining, the fans have so much of a say on your life. I was like 'I don't know how I'm going to get out of this one', because the world ridiculed me like I was the scum of the earth to every man and his dog."
Yep, blame the fans and not your irritating personality

Not a Molly fan at all but I wish her well. At least she’s in exciting fights.

The problem is not that Molly is too small for 125, it's that's she's painfully average and has a terrible ground game

Those problems won't suddenly disappear if she drops down to a (deeper) weightclass

If she doesn't finish Belbita tonight, she should definitely call it a career.

Back