Mods, is the search function broken?

still completely broken. Wonder how that happened. First time I experience that with a forum for such a long time.

As the tech guys surely do their best to solve it, this seems really to be a bigger technical issue.

Damn this thread is now a month old and still no fix. :( Hope the guys running things behind the scenes are doing alright it must be a serious glitch. Best of luck to the people working to fix it I really miss this feature of the website.

Could we get a new ETA?

Damn this thread is now a month old and still no fix. :( Hope the guys running things behind the scenes are doing alright it must be a serious glitch. Best of luck to the people working to fix it I really miss this feature of the website.

Could we get a new ETA?
You're right on the money, it's not a simple fix at all. I can't really get into the weeds about what is going on (honestly, I'm not a programmer) but it's essentially a part that will need to be replaced, and not simply tweaked. In more layman's terms, think of a Windows update that ended up actually breaking your computer, and you have to roll back the update to repair the damage until Windows gets its act together. Only for this, it's an entangled service that we can't individually pull out and downgrade, because Xenforo has some integrated systems that naturally make it a huge undertaking to overcome.

It's not been ignored or placed on the back burner, it's just the kind of issue that might be a major ordeal to fix. It breaks my heart that the forum's been busted for so long, and I wish there was more I could do on my end.

It may be inconvenient, but Sherdog can still be searched via Google while the internal repairs are underway. It has its limitations, but its not useless.

I second the google method. Place quotes around your query and add the words “sherdog forum” and it seems to work pretty ok.

Everytime I search something, even if it is something that should have plenty of results like Conor McGregor, I get this

Sherdog Forums | UFC, MMA & Boxing Discussion - Error
The search could not be completed. Please try again later.

Is this an issue on my end or are others having this issue?

It's been an issue for 2 months now @TonyRolo , been checking this thread everyday since the glitch lol

Good luck to the Sherdog team with fixing this bug

Last edited:
Is the search still not working? Or is it not working again? Cause it's not working...

Back