Mma's Buster Douglas

Mousasi was KO'd by Uriah Hall and had a spotty UFC record at the time winning and losing about the same, and Jacare had lost to Romero by split dec on the same card Rockhold won the belt, and then Romero tested positive for roids after that.

there really wasn't much guys for Rockhold to fight at that time.
many people had Jacaré winning though... And Mousasi could rebound...

many people had Jacaré winning though... And Mousasi could rebound...

oh i get it man, i thought Jacare beat Romero too. and Mousasi could've rebounded, but they needed someone right then and there. it wouldn't have been good to have Rockhold sit out an entire year while Mousasi and Jacare try to scramble a winning record together.

Cant be Serra since at that time No Rush was not seen as a dominant force.

I don't know, I thought GSP was a definite beast, I was like 15 though. Maybe I was buying into the hype.

I don't know, I thought GSP was a definite beast, I was like 15 though. Maybe I was buying into the hype.
Well, technically, he had already been schooled by Hughes... So no real mystique a la Tyson...

Well, technically, he had already been schooled by Hughes... So no real mystique a la Tyson...

He was beating Hughes ass though if I remember right. I thought GSP was the next level Frank Shamrock or Marco Ruas.

Chris destroyed that champion twice and held on to the belt for a while thereafter. Cmon on bruh...

lol at Holly Holm and Chris Weidman getting mentioned before Matt Serra.

Matt Serra is so far in front of everybody else in this category, he can't even see the other candidates when he looks behind him.

HONORABLE MENTION: PETE WILLIAMS KO OVER COLEMAN.

but my personal vote has to be for an underdog so overlooked, his own children were taking betting slips against him-

let that sink in.

Nobody thought Bisping would beat Rockhold-

EVEN BISPINGS KID LOST MONEY BETTIN AGAINST POPS.

Last edited:
lol at Holly Holm and Chris Weidman getting mentioned before Matt Serra.

Matt Serra is so far in front of everybody else in this category, he can't even see the other candidates when he looks behind him.

This.

@Bisping beating Rokhold is awesome but doesn't belong here. Rockhold was a legit champ but that was his first defense and his status at MW was nothing like what Ronda or Anderson had in their divisions.

Holm is marginally talented.

<LikeReally5>

She got to be champ in 2 combat sports.

Right now she is in line for a tittle shot at 135.

If she is 'marginally talented' wtf are those other girls around her ?

Holly Holm or Chris Weidman?

Both hold major upsets of monster champs. Both lost their titles and haven't done much since.

Thoughts? Any other nominees?

Ban yourself

Both hold major upsets of monster champs. Both lost their titles and haven't done much since.

lmfao Neither of those are a buster douglas.

I'm not even a Weidman supporter and I can safely say he shouldn't be used in a buster Douglas reference. He had several title defenses and is still one of 185's elite.

Holm and Serra probably best examples as they were one and done s as SIGNIFICANT underdogs.

Back