MMA Pros Pick - Stipe Miocic vs. Francis NGannou (UFC 220 - Boston)

Stipe is the smart pick, that said, I wouldn't be surprised if Mabungo clips and finishes him early.

Stipe will easily weather the storm and get the tko or ko , don't be shocked if stipe ends up submitting him. Francis' horrible cardio will show.

Reem is a pretty strong guy and he actually tried to tie up Ngannue at first...looking to take him down...but he literally couldn't move him...so it's not going to be easy to get this guy down.
Technique......

DragoTest.gif

cErhImV.jpg

Stipe will easily weather the storm and get the tko or ko , don't be shocked if stipe ends up submitting him. Francis' horrible cardio will show.

I think I agree with you IF Stipe can survive rounds 1-3. This is going to be Ngannou's 1st 5 round fight, and I do believe Stipe's cardio will be superior. Even though Stipe's last 4 fights have ended in the 1st round, I'm 99% sure his camp trained him for 5 round fights each time.

I just wonder if Stipe can really survive the early rounds. As good as Stipe's boxing is, he's not exactly "un-hittable". You just can't absorb those Ngannou shots the same as you can punches from other fighters. Ngannou actually showed some good patience against Overeem... if he does the same thing against Stipe, I can see Stipe getting overconfident and going to sleep.

We'll just have to wait and see. It's going to be TENSE when the fight starts.

The pros know this is about to be the end of Stipe’s run and are just being nice in this clip.

In all fairness you often see pros picking established fighters over unproven commodities, as well as picking the more likeable fighter. Ngannou's promotion by the UFC coupled with his slightly arrogant attitude of late (I personally think it's all a show to sell more, but people do buy into it) means that most pros will pick against him.

I mean technically they're not wrong either- Stipe is proven against top competition, Ngannou isn't. But in honesty, most people would have picked Shogun over Jones when they fought the first time. Most picked Barao over TJ. Hell, even Werdum vs Stipe very few people went with Miocic. Fact is, people get things wrong all the time and one day the up and comer proves himself as legitimate. I really think this is going to be Ngannou's watershed moment.
If he beats stipe I'll jump on the band wagon.

Back