MLB Season Thread: Diablos Rojos Super Team

So glad the Cubs didn't get Ohtani. When I heard they were in the running I like dear God no. Now they can sign three solid players for that price.

Would have liked to see Bellinger resigned. Still is a chance I suppose

So glad the Cubs didn't get Ohtani. When I heard they were in the running I like dear God no. Now they can sign three solid players for that price.

They can give Bellinger half that now.

lol that sounds like loser talk, vedder. You know you’d be excited as chit had Ohtani picked nasty ass Chicago. He probably didn’t want to die before getting his millions. .

This is why the dodgers didn’t care how much it was.

I never really bought into the hype of Ohtani coming to TO, so whatever. They don't need him, or anyone else for that matter. They're stacked. What they need is a psychiatrist to make them not fold in the playoffs.

700 million is insane, is that the biggest contract ever in sport history?

Last edited:
I never really bought into the hype of Ohtani coming to TO, so whatever. They don't need him, or anyone else for that matter. They're stacked. What they need is a psychiatrist to make them not fold in the playoffs.
Yup. They won’t make the playoffs with him or without him. Remember when the nba didn’t care about the IST? Lmao

He had decent protection with Mike GOAT or Candon(lol) behind him a lot, I'm more curious to see what he does with runners actually able to get on base in front of him.
I looked at Rendon's stats and he never played even half a year in a season with Shohei. Aside from his first year w/Angels, he sucked in his less than half year each year. Wut you be smoking dude?

I looked at Rendon's stats and he never played even half a year in a season with Shohei. Aside from his first year w/Angels, he sucked in his less than half year each year. Wut you be smoking dude?

Im not smoking anything, I’m a cangels fan so I’ve watched these losers regularly for the last ten years. That’s why I said “or” because he had either trout, candon or drury batting behind him 90% of the time last year. Drury is solid, he hit 269 with 25 home runs in 120 games.

Dodgers line up is likely..

Betts
Freeman
Ohtani
Muncy or smith

One guy hit 210 last year and the other guy hit 260 with 20 home runs. Not exactly some daunting protection.

People forget that the dodgers get 350 million from their tv deal before they even sell a ticket or any merchandise. This team prints money and should go out and sign more players.

He did slap a guy, though.

Im not smoking anything, I’m a cangels fan so I’ve watched these losers regularly for the last ten years. That’s why I said “or” because he had either trout, candon or drury batting behind him 90% of the time last year. Drury is solid, he hit 269 with 25 home runs in 120 games.

Dodgers line up is likely..

Betts
Freeman
Ohtani
Muncy or smith

One guy hit 210 last year and the other guy hit 260 with 20 home runs. Not exactly some daunting protection.
If the Dodgers wanted to win a debate on karate forum, they'd bat speedy Shohei behind Mookie and Freddie, then put some shitty batting avg guy behind him. .269 & 25 HR is solid, but .260 & 20 HR is bleh?

Dodgers would more likely have Shohei bat lead off or second, so:

Shohei
Freeman (they say he's a smart baserunner and stole more than Mookie)
Mookie
maybe Heyward
Will Smith
Muncy
Outman
Michael Busch

If Outman and Busch do what they did in minors, they can go 4th or 5th or 6th.

If I want more Japanese ad revenue, I'd have Shohei bat lead off and get more at bats.

If the Dodgers wanted to win a debate on karate forum, they'd bat speedy Shohei behind Mookie and Freddie, then put some shitty batting avg guy behind him. .269 & 25 HR is solid, but .260 & 20 HR is bleh?

Dodgers would more likely have Shohei bat lead off or second, so:

Shohei
Freeman (they say he's a smart baserunner and stole more than Mookie)
Mookie
maybe Heyward
Will Smith
Muncy
Outman
Michael Busch

If Outman and Busch do what they did in minors, they can go 4th or 5th or 6th.

If I want more Japanese ad revenue, I'd have Shohei bat lead off and get more at bats.

I posted those stats to show that it’s essentially the same protection that he had with the cangels. I’d be shocked if goatani batted ahead of mookie, who had an mvp level season hitting lead off this year. Most projections have him hitting 3rd or 4th this year.

I posted those stats to show that it’s essentially the same protection that he had with the cangels. I’d be shocked if goatani batted ahead of mookie, who had an mvp level season hitting lead off this year. Most projections have him hitting 3rd or 4th this year.
It's called Sho-Time, not Mookie Time. People want to see more Shohei at bats. Maybe Shohei will chase 40-40. He does seem like a goal oriented fellow. Shohei will only put up bigger numbers with Mookie and Freeman behind him.

It's called Sho-Time, not Mookie Time. People want to see more Shohei at bats. Maybe Shohei will chase 40-40. He does seem like a goal oriented fellow. Shohei will only put up bigger numbers with Mookie and Freeman behind him.

Call it what you want but roberts isn’t known for making changes. Hence still starting washed kershaw in important playoff games. Hell more than likely stick with mookan lead off.

Back