MLB Season Thread: Diablos Rojos Super Team

Should've been the Rays. This is a huge mistake.

10 years $700 Million for Ohtani to the Dodgers . Whoa.
As good as he is, they're going to regret that. He's not going to pitch again till 2025, and when he does will he get injured again?

As good as he is, they're going to regret that. He's not going to pitch again till 2025, and when he does will he get injured again?

They're probably already making it back in Shohei Dodgers Merch as we speak. Baseball wise though him cleaning up for Betts and Freeman will bring in crowds. Wish he would just give up pitching though.

They're probably already making it back in Shohei Dodgers Merch as we speak. Baseball wise though him cleaning up for Betts and Freeman will bring in crowds. Wish he would just give up pitching though.
Yeah never thought about that, but attendance wise they already do well I think I just think 700 million is overkill.

On the one hand that's amazing on the other hand $700M for one guy is insane. That's more than double what Seager and Betts got for 10 years. You basically paid one guy what you could have got you 2 super stars and with some change left over, or 1 Super Star and a lot of good pieces.

10 yrs for $700 mil w/Dodgers

I guess I can continue to watch Shohei in the afternoons on the cable TV. Will be seeing if I need XL or XXL Shohei Dodgers jersey. The big mall here has a Dodgers Clubhouse store full of current and past Dodgers jerseys.

On the one hand that's amazing on the other hand $700M for one guy is insane. That's more than double what Seager and Betts got for 10 years. You basically paid one guy what you could have got you 2 super stars and with some change left over, or 1 Super Star and a lot of good pieces.
Having an ace pitcher really helps increase chances of winning a game. Having that guy also hit a HR helps too. Hard to say if an ace is more valuable than two good hitters.

What super stars are available that they can sign. Yes theoretically it’s the same as two super stars, but super stars are locked up. Ohtani is a generational talent and as others mentioned that merch will sell. The CANgels fucked up with him. He will have those billboards plastered all over LA. Ohtaniwood

What super stars are available that they can sign. Yes theoretically it’s the same as two super stars, but super stars are locked up. Ohtani is a generational talent and as others mentioned that merch will sell. The CANgels fucked up with him. He will have those billboards plastered all over LA. Ohtaniwood
I mean they recently let 3 superstars walk - Seager, Machado, Turner. They could have picked 2 and had money left over.
Not saying it's a bad deal, just that the Dodgers had a chance with a few superstars and they sort of saved the money for this.

Back