Mike Tyson unloved in the Heavies(forum)

Nah, Silva won't be any any MMA Hall-of-fame. He's not even in the UFC hall-of-fame.

The UFC's heavy weight class has always lagged behind the other weight classes and is only starting to heat up. UFC's acquisition of Pride certainly helped make that weight class interesting - a lot of the new guys like JDS are also making the heavies interesting.

Comparing Silva to Brock is kinda silly imo. Brock would tool him, badly.
Oh the naivety of ultimate fightin' fans.

What bearing does being or not being inducted into the UFC HOF have on an MMA HOF?

One would be a truly neutral HOF where as UFC HOF is a PROMOTION'S HOF (that's like Dong King HOF or Golden Boy HOF, what a joke) with their own biases against past fighters that left the UFC for whatever reasons.

You may be a great fighter but if you left the UFC for another promotion they most likely won't induct you unless you come back like Tito did.

it shouldn't take a prime top MMA fighter like Cain Velasquez to defend the honor of MMA against an ancient boxer like Mercer who suffers from hepatitis, asteroids, and back-pain and whose best days were in 1991 when Cain Velazquez was 9 years old!

Literally laughed out loud at "asteroids". Great stuff. :icon_chee

GSP would maul any boxer that has ever lived in an MMA bout.

That's very ironic statement coming from a guy who's got Jack Dempsey as his avatar.

Jack Dempsey would probably make GSP his bitch. Dempsey routinely practiced wrestling as part of his conditioning training. Plus, he was one of the most vicious punchers and most aggresive boxers of all time.

There's really not that much of a size difference, Tyson was only 200 pounds in his early days.

but, MMA has never seen anything remotely close to a Mike Tyson. Boxing hasen't since either, Tyson was an animal.

Granted, the guy knew nothing about grappling or submissions in his "prime", GSP would be able to submit him with BJJ the moment the fight hit the mat.. but this is Mike Tyson we're talking about.. imo the hardest puncher to ever box, ive never seen anyone that threw like he did. There's a GREAT chance GSP gets KO'd before he lands a takedown, in brutal fashion. And if Tyson kept hitting him GNP Rampage/Wand 3 style after GSP was Ko'd, he might kill him

Who in the hell would say that?! Thats rediculous. No heavyweight in the UFC would beat Prime Mike Tyson. Give me a break. Them 4 oz gloves on, and the lack of boxing skills shown in MMA, Nobody would last 30 seconds with Tyson unless they got him down. And good luck shooting on him and not getting a Uppercut from hell.

Who in the hell would say that?! Thats rediculous. No heavyweight in the UFC would beat Prime Mike Tyson. Give me a break. Them 4 oz gloves on, and the lack of boxing skills shown in MMA, Nobody would last 30 seconds with Tyson unless they got him down. And good luck shooting on him and not getting a Uppercut from hell.

It's funny, a lot of pretty limited noname boxers lasted 3-5 minutes with a prime mike tyson.

That's very ironic statement coming from a guy who's got Jack Dempsey as his avatar.

Jack Dempsey would probably make GSP his bitch. Dempsey routinely practiced wrestling as part of his conditioning training. Plus, he was one of the most vicious punchers and most aggresive boxers of all time.

Not to mention he also trained Judo and jujitsu ( not jiujitsu, bjj but the japanese art )

Jack Dempsey was a nightmare

Well if it was an MMA fight, I would 100% put my money on GSP over a prime Mike Tyson. Tyson would spend the whole fight on his back. When it comes to Anderson Silva, Anderson Silva would destroy a prime Mike Tyson in MMA & then also beat the hell out of him in a stand up match. If they made it Muay Thai rules, it would still allow Mike Tyson to use all his tools & the same with Anderson Silva. And Anderson Silva would knock out the prime Mike Tyson in a Muay Thai boxing match.

Boxing has it's place in MMA but it is very over rated. It's important to know boxing but it is just as important to learn dirty boxing like what Randy Couture does to people from his greco clinch. Boxing alone is over rated.

No way Tyson loses to Tyson in any match. GSP's stand up is garbage, I don't think he could get close enough to Mike without getting knocked out. Even if he could it would be hard to take him down, and GSP would have to struggle so hard to keep him down that he wouldn't be able to do shit. I don't think Anderson could beat Iron Mike either, he leaves himself too exposed to punches and a real boxer would exploit that. Anderson would stand a much, much better chance than GSP however.

LOL huge fan of Tyson here but you are absolutely insane if you think guys like Cain, Brock or Carwin would have any trouble at all taking Iron Mike to the mat.

It's one thing being a fan, it's another being delusional.

Sorry but Tyson has Zero wrestling ability, Zero BJJ, Zero kicks, and frankly GSP would be able to get him to the ground. If you are so stupid that you cannot see that then I cannot help you.

BTW, Tyson is a fucking huge MMA fan and often has said how shitty he would be at it. He in fact said that his BJJ knowledge was shitty at best and would get subbed by a LW if he jumped in there

You ever try to uppercut a NCAA champion wrestler mid shoot? Didn't think so or you wouldn't say something that stupid

Bunch of kids, what else could you expect. Tyson is the man. Brutal force. Raw power.

Back