Mike Perry Vs Robbie Lawler

I don't want to see Robbie looking dead like Berger did last night. Platinum is coming for that belt and no one in his way will be spared.

Lawler is a lot less hitable when you remove the threat of a TD out of the equation. This spells bad night for Perry. I am not saying the latter could not catch Lawler,it would be stupid to suggest so. I have seen too many striking battles where the better striker simply gets caught by a big strike and nighty night. You dont see that in BJJ but when it comes down to striking you rarely ever know for sure.

That said it is a lot more probable that Robbie kicks the living shit out of Platinum than the other way around though.

Perry would get wrecked.I don't understand everyone's debate.Perry beats a dude he gets knocked out on the regular like Pat Barry now he's a legit contender lol

couldn't handle the current champs power... and most think perry has more..

even a stiff jab from Perry could floor Lawler...hard to count Mike out when it's like that

I accept that the experience & class of Lawler should be too much for Mike at this point

I've been a Lawler fan for years and have no interest in him taking the kind of shots PMP can put out.
To bad Diaz won't sign for the rematch.

I've been a Lawler fan for years and have no interest in him taking the kind of shots PMP can put out.
To bad Diaz won't sign for the rematch.
After that last fight against Woodley, I kinda smell blood on Lawler. I think he's finished. I think his chin was cracked and with his style, that means he's gonna start losing a lot. A fight vs Perry could end very badly.

After that last fight against Woodley, I kinda smell blood on Lawler. I think he's finished. I think his chin was cracked and with his style, that means he's gonna start losing a lot. A fight vs Perry could end very badly.
It saddens my heart to agree with you, but I think you're right.

Lawler's chin is done bro. PMP would put his bare head into the shadow realm and it's not even close

PMP via brutal highlight reel KO in the first round and it's not even close

Robbie may be more tentative after Woodleybut I don't think he's anywhere near the point of chin crack territory. He's vastly more skilled and has arguably equal or greater power the plat. Punchers elbowers chance for MP, it's Ruthless fight to lose, on paper he should destroy Perry

Robbie may be more tentative after Woodleybut I don't think he's anywhere near the point of chin crack territory. He's vastly more skilled and has arguably equal or greater power the plat. Punchers elbowers chance for MP, it's Ruthless fight to lose, on paper he should destroy Perry
ignoring my comment directly above yours, I agree with this entirely. I don't think Lawler would fight the wrong type of fight against Mike like he did against Tyron, and Mike doesn't have the wrestling to frighten him.

Let Plat fight Alves and then take on the Cerrone/Lawler winner later in 2017.

Last edited:
Cerrone and Lawler are at the tail end of their career, Mike Perry is just getting started. Mike Perry is going to do nothing but KTFO whoever he fights from here on wards.

How is Lawler on the end of his career when he JUST HAD THE FUCKING BELT?! He could beat any top 5 except for Wonderboy. He got caught on the button in the Woodley fight but if they rematched he could probably beat him. Robbie has a good chance of getting the belt back if he beats Cowboy then beats Wonderboy or the loser of Maia v Masvidal after the winner gets a shot at the title. Lawler is in his prime right now if anything.

How is Lawler on the end of his career when he JUST HAD THE FUCKING BELT?! He could beat any top 5 except for Wonderboy. He got caught on the button in the Woodley fight but if they rematched he could probably beat him. Robbie has a good chance of getting the belt back if he beats Cowboy then beats Wonderboy or the loser of Maia v Masvidal after the winner gets a shot at the title. Lawler is in his prime right now if anything.
i love me some Robbie bUt he had 3 5th round miracles in a row to beat Hendricks Rory and Condit. He's probably still top 5 but prime he is not.

i love me some Robbie bUt he had 3 5th round miracles in a row to beat Hendricks Rory and Condit. He's probably still top 5 but prime he is not.
I felt he beat Macdonald convincingly on both occasions, but I do think he lost both Hendrick's fights and the Condit fight.

Back