Mike Perry Cracks The Top 15; Eyes Fight With Kamaru Usman

Maybe he can be a contender (a lot of mediocre fighters become contenders), but he's basically just a guy with a punch. He's not a good striker, and he's not really shown much of anything in the way of offensive grappling (and even his defensive grappling hasn't been tested by anyone good). Maybe he'll make massive strides, but I don't really see any reason to expect it. From what I've seen he's little more than a mediocrity with a gimmick. That's fine, it will get him some attention and a bit of a push from the UFC which should lead to some decent paydays, but I doubt it will ever equate to meaningful competitive success.
This

I thought the Perry stuff was a troll job. Posters here actually taking like he's a contender? He just got beat easily and dropped multiple times less than a year ago against a very mediocre Jouban. Beating the ghost of Jake Ellenberger and some LW on 3 days notice hasn't exactly told us much.

After a day of callouts and other guys calling him out, it seems he's now setting his sights on Usman. Bad idea Platinum. Usman will take you down and fuck you up.

I agree. I like Perry, but Usmans a bad match up for him. Usmans the #1 prospect at WW imo

Usman would win easily but Perry ain't no bitch and he doesn't quit. Maybe in 1yr or 2 those two should fight, build them up first.

This

I thought the Perry stuff was a troll job. Posters here actually taking like he's a contender? He just got beat easily and dropped multiple times less than a year ago against a very mediocre Jouban. Beating the ghost of Jake Ellenberger and some LW on 3 days notice hasn't exactly told us much.
Got any footage of the second knockdown? or the first, whichever isn't the straight left

I'd be down with this fight, Usman would steamroll Perry.

Usman, TKO (gnp), 2nd round.

I'd be down with this fight, Usman would steamroll Perry.

Usman, TKO (gnp), 2nd round.
so you're only interested in fights were one guy is clearly going to steamroll the other?

Bellator is that way >>>>>>

I have no comment as I literally have no idea who Usman is.

Almost 30k posts on an mma forum and you don't know who Kamaru Usman is?
Are you trolling or are you a casual? Watch more fights, and post less.

the thing is that this fight now would be a bad choice for Usman,
because after eventual win over Perry he is still at least 1 fight away from
title shot, and if he gets higher ranked opponent then Perry for his next fight,
he could immediately get title shot if he wins.

Last edited:
Almost 30k posts on an mma forum and you don't know who Kamaru Usman is?
Are you trolling or are you a casual? Watch more fights, and post less.

What does 30K posts matter? guy probably wasn't around when I joined anyway.

I only watch big fights and fighters, so fooking chill babe.

so you're only interested in fights were one guy is clearly going to steamroll the other?

Bellator is that way >>>>>>

I see your point lad, but 'I'm interested in' doesn't necessarily mean it's all you're interested in, if you catch my drift. Personally, I want Usman vs. Covington - see which wrestler with new-found confidence in their hands breaks into being a legit top contender. I'd rather see Perry fight someone who'll bang, like Siyar Bahadurzada. But would I be interested in Perry vs. Usman? Yeah may as well, why not.

After a day of callouts and other guys calling him out, it seems he's now setting his sights on Usman. Bad idea Platinum. Usman will take you down and fuck you up.

As far as career planning goes, this is as trailer-park-intelligent as they come. Dis boy about to get sent back to where people with face tattoos belong

<BirdieOwn>

Perry has the body type where he can develop God-tier TDD, but he's not there yet. So this fight would be a great matchup for him in about 1-2 years, but I'd take Usman if this fight happened tomorrow.

He calls him out and is already looking for ways to duck him.

He calls him out and is already looking for ways to duck him.
He's just being realistic, he calls out a far higher ranked opponent cause that's the game currently, but he then takes the fight offered to him regardless. He knows he ain't getting Conor or a top WW yet, and he's said a number of times he needs to develop too and isn't ready for guys like Masvidal, which means he isn't ready for Thompson, Lawler, Maia, Woodley and a few others. If you think he wouldn't take those fights if he was offered them though, you're crazy.

Last edited:
Back