Mike Perry Cracks The Top 15; Eyes Fight With Kamaru Usman

I think he loses to Usman. Usman is looking better every damn fight while Perry has been fighting Jake "i need a paycheque" Ellenberger and some no name.

Usman has wins over Sean Strickland, Warley Alves and Moraes - not top comp but more impressive in my mind

Just let em Bang Bro!

maxresdefault.jpg
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Meh, I hate it when prospects have to take each other out.

They're not prospects anymore. If they're in the top 15, then it's time for these guys to start fighting each other.

He got ranked after he beat Dong Hyun Kim, who was like 7 or 8 at the time. I doubt Covington is a guy the UFC is looking to push though. He's boring and annoying. In fact, I think they gave him Maia to toss him back down the rankings. Worst matchup for him in the division.

They don't want Maia near the title again either, so no matter who wins, the UFC is getting at least one of them away from the title picture.

wooooo didn't see that coming. Usually they release a top 20 and then reduce it to 15 for the UFC site, I hoped Mike might sneak into the top 20 but never expected 15th. Quite a few fighters must've dropped down that list. I still stand by my opinion that Usman should fight someone above him in the rankings, and Perry anyone outside the top ... 8? :D damn f+#@ing right I think Usman is a problem for Perry, he may well be the next welterweight champion.

That's a good fight too, but yes if you sacrifice one prospect then the other one should be closer to a title shot.

UFC should keep them away from ea other until they're both in the top 10.

Another platinum call out he's not ducking anyone rare to see that.

Condit or Robbie would be amazing. It either catapults Perry with a big time recognition win or it gives a veteran star a come back win. And it would be guaranteed to be exciting. Also if perry loses it's not like it crushes his potential since they are former top fighters in the division.

Interesting fight, but not the brightest matchmaking in the long run if they want to try and position Perry as a star (not that he has the talent, but they could match him properly and maximize his earning potential before he's properly exposed at the highest level).
when you talk about being exposed and not having talent, you think he will forever be this mindless brawler? that he isn't capable of evolving and be a title contender with legit chances of being champ?

Are you guys serious with this usman hype? Lmao.

The dude is a complete dork. His striking is atrocious.

when you talk about being exposed and not having talent, you think he will forever be this mindless brawler? that he isn't capable of evolving and be a title contender with legit chances of being champ?

Maybe he can be a contender (a lot of mediocre fighters become contenders), but he's basically just a guy with a punch. He's not a good striker, and he's not really shown much of anything in the way of offensive grappling (and even his defensive grappling hasn't been tested by anyone good). Maybe he'll make massive strides, but I don't really see any reason to expect it. From what I've seen he's little more than a mediocrity with a gimmick. That's fine, it will get him some attention and a bit of a push from the UFC which should lead to some decent paydays, but I doubt it will ever equate to meaningful competitive success.

Fight makes absolutely no sense for Usman. He gains nothing by beating Perry.

What's so great about Usman?
Big deal about nothing.

Perry by Knockout.

What's so great about Usman?
Big deal about nothing.

Perry by Knockout.
He's being heralded as the next champion. If Colby KO's Maia I'm sure he'll get the same praise

Back