Media Michael 'Venom' Page got face-to-face with Cédric Doumbé at PFL Dublin

Who wins this potential fight?

• Total voters
If the fight happens this is all really part of the aftermath of Ngannou’s exit from the UFC and the increasing stature and visibility of the PFL.

This seems to be just the beginning of fighters seeing PFL as a real and very viable option because Dana was so petty and shortsighted he couldn’t find a way to align his vision with Ngannou’s.

It fits his MO very well.

Fight guys well below your skill level but this time cash a 1 million dollar cheque.

Glad he stayed away from Dana - we need a Pride to today's UFC

I would love for PFL-Bellator to grow to be number 1 and UFC be number 2 again. They are going to have to have a different angle than the UFC when it comes to promoting fights. I hope they can try and somewhat emulate the Monday Night wars/Attitude era of pro wrestling and have PFL-Bellator cross over at least once yearly if not more.

He got beat up by Mike Perry, it makes sense.
Mike Perry' skill set and attributes make him perfect for bareknuckle. Like he's way better at that sport than he ever would have been in MMA or Boxing/Kickboxing with gloves.

PFL is paying these guys so much. There are no incentives to fight in the UFC for these guys.
Yeah, typically when you make it to be a big name in MMA without the UFC and you're in your 30s the UFC isn't going to offer you as much money as a company like PFL.

That's kinda potentially true, but the landscape may continue to change, moving forward. And there will still be a lot of Bellator WW on the roster (presumably) with whom he never fought, also. Jackson, Amosov, Koreshkov, Gracie, Larkin, he could rematch Storley... Those are all first rate fighters. Just those matchups alone could take him to the end of his career, if he wanted. Thinking we might see him in Japan, someday, maybe Karate Combat.
I would like to see more co-promotion in MMA. I think it could work to make the casual MMA fan more aware of all the other MMA organizations and great fighters outside the UFC.

I would love for PFL-Bellator to grow to be number 1 and UFC be number 2 again. They are going to have to have a different angle than the UFC when it comes to promoting fights. I hope they can try and somewhat emulate the Monday Night wars/Attitude era of pro wrestling and have PFL-Bellator cross over at least once yearly if not more.

Problem with PFL is just about everything about it is absolutely shit.

I would like to see more co-promotion in MMA. I think it could work to make the casual MMA fan more aware of all the other MMA organizations and great fighters outside the UFC.
PFL has gotten with RIZIN about keeping the partnership they had with Bellator, but my first thought there was that PFL is trying to swing RIZIN into sending a RIZIN GP winner to their own tourney, that way they have a legit representative from Japan for their WSOF, and don't have to foot the bill in getting that fighter to where he needs to go, RIZIN gets to do that. Right now, we have PFL, PFL Europe, Bellator, PFL Challengers, with PFL Africa and PFL MENA on the horizon, and presumably PFL Australia/Oceana and PFL Brazil, down the road. Partnering with RIZIN allows them to not have to go through the trouble of setting up shop in Japan, RIZIN can just do what they do and ultimately a chosen fighter will be sent over to fight in PFL, and add to that true world flavor PFL is seeking.

Idk that it really plays out that way, was just my first thought. But I think that orgs tend to not do these things bc the partnership is really just using another org to springboard your own, and Japan always tends to take the W in those situations. I'm interested in seeing how that plays out, bc the Bellator partnership was a handshake agreement between two legitimate friends, that was certainly set up to benefit both orgs. Idk that Sakakibara will view it that way, dealing with PFL. PFL might get want they want, and RIZIN might be ok with giving them that, but I have a feeling that what Sakakibara will want, he will get, and PFL won't be as ok with that part.

And I think that sums up why we don't see it more, the co-promotions and fighter trades we got between Strikeforce and PRIDE/DREAM and later RIZIN/Bellator were on the back of a great friendship between promoters, and aside from that example, these guys running the orgs are businessmen, not friends, who don't actually care about helping anyone, only themselves. PFL probably gonna find out the hard way.

PFL has gotten with RIZIN about keeping the partnership they had with Bellator, but my first thought there was that PFL is trying to swing RIZIN into sending a RIZIN GP winner to their own tourney, that way they have a legit representative from Japan for their WSOF, and don't have to foot the bill in getting that fighter to where he needs to go, RIZIN gets to do that. Right now, we have PFL, PFL Europe, Bellator, PFL Challengers, with PFL Africa and PFL MENA on the horizon, and presumably PFL Australia/Oceana and PFL Brazil, down the road. Partnering with RIZIN allows them to not have to go through the trouble of setting up shop in Japan, RIZIN can just do what they do and ultimately a chosen fighter will be sent over to fight in PFL, and add to that true world flavor PFL is seeking.

Idk that it really plays out that way, was just my first thought. But I think that orgs tend to not do these things bc the partnership is really just using another org to springboard your own, and Japan always tends to take the W in those situations. I'm interested in seeing how that plays out, bc the Bellator partnership was a handshake agreement between two legitimate friends, that was certainly set up to benefit both orgs. Idk that Sakakibara will view it that way, dealing with PFL. PFL might get want they want, and RIZIN might be ok with giving them that, but I have a feeling that what Sakakibara will want, he will get, and PFL won't be as ok with that part.

And I think that sums up why we don't see it more, the co-promotions and fighter trades we got between Strikeforce and PRIDE/DREAM and later RIZIN/Bellator were on the back of a great friendship between promoters, and aside from that example, these guys running the orgs are businessmen, not friends, who don't actually care about helping anyone, only themselves. PFL probably gonna find out the hard way.
Seeing all of their separate entities laid out makes the PFL seem so fucking stupid. How is the casual MMA fan supposed to follow all of that shit?

Seeing all of their separate entities laid out makes the PFL seem so fucking stupid. How is the casual MMA fan supposed to follow all of that shit?
I agree. I watch a lot of fights, and I won't keep up with all of that. What they're doing is kinda like what K1 used to do, with their regional tourneys and the winners and stars of those going on to the WGP. I doubt everyone was watching K1 Spain GP or K1 Italy GP or whatever, but there were always a lot of eyes when the winners and the at large combatants met up for the big tourney.

I don't buy that it is going to succeed, but, godspeed.

guess he used PFL to get that UFC deal over the finish line, I'm shocked I really didnt think he'd end up there. Didnt think UFC would pay what he wanted. I'm sure PFL offered something good for that Doumbe fight

What he didnt like the 10k/10k Dana offered? Some kids just dont want to fight, you cant force them sadly

I guess he did like the offer, but I can assure you it wasn't 10k/10k lol. When it comes to established talent from other promotions the UFC pays large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back