Michael Chiesa: Conor McGregor backlogging UFC lightweight division is ‘retarded’

And that's Conors fault that Khabib couldn't make weight?

????

Tony is the clear-cut top contender at light weight by a mile
And that's Conors fault that Khabib couldn't make weight?

????

Where did I say it was his fault? I'm wrong in assuming that Conor is taking the biggest money fight if he returns instead of the clear cut top contender that nobody knows or cares about? Ok

I was fully expecting to see the responses that he's not in the title picture so he has nothing to complain about and sure enough here it is.
He's 100% correct. The organization has allowed the division to be stalled and they'll continue to stall it when/if he comes back.
He won't fight Tony because there's no gain in it for him. He'll fight Diaz, Woodley or GSP.

More to the point; Conor will most likely start asking for more money after his fight with Floyd because his value will be much higher. That jump from a few million a fight to 75 million is going to put Conor in the driver's seat again.

That is one of the most consistent things about Conor. He always wants more.

Dana and the owners are probably losing sleep over this little conundrum. If Conor beats Floyd, he will not only demand a huge piece of the business, but deserve it. At the same time, the owners probably want him to lose in hopes that he still brings the eyes back to the UFC, but with a much smaller price tag.

Personally I don't think that this is going to work out so well for them either way. The people that are forking over stupid amounts of money to watch Floyd and Conor do this circus performance are not going to drop anything for mundane UFC fights. The UFC would have to put up some very interesting freak show fights just to register a pulse with those morons.

The only person that will benefit from this crossover fight is going to be Conor. He wins no matter what happens.

"the best fight the best" in the UFC? what year is it? seriously, i see your point. not sure i agree. I just want to see Conor defend a fucking belt.
It's not perfect, but top talent and contenders DO routinely fight one another in the UFC. There isn't much room to duck in the UFC when you're a top fighter. There's one belt, and it's one organization, with one ranking system . The rightful contender may not always get his shot on time, but in most cases, they will eventually get their shot. Using the Bisping and Conor situations to argue against that is foolish.

I understand the irritation in regards to the belt, but fighters and fans/haters need to stop acting like this isn't an extraordinary situation. The best boxer of this era wants to fight a UFC champion. It doesn't get bigger than that. Of course Conor will lose, but this matchup is a potential huge win for the sport of MMA. Hate Conor all you like, but it's characters like him that bring eyes to combat sports. Guys like Chiesa should be glad that more people are talking about Conor, and by relation, the UFC and MMA. That 155 belt will be worth more if Conor comes back to the UFC to defend it after the Floyd fight

The other champs realize that they are mixed martial arts champions, and defending their titles is their jobs. They're not out chasing retired boxers.
Stipe wants Anthony Joshua....Anderson has wanted Roy Jones for forever. Even delusional Ronda thought she could beat boxing champs...in boxing.
I get the irritation, but every single one of these champs would most definitely put their MMA belts on ice to get a payday the likes that Conor is getting.

Conor would steal his soul. Him complaining is a fucking joke. Conor wouldn't fight him anyway. He'd fight Ferguson, Woodley or GSP.

Stipe wants Anthony Joshua....Anderson has wanted Roy Jones for forever. Even delusional Ronda thought she could beat boxing champs...in boxing.
I get the irritation, but every single one of these champs would most definitely put their MMA belts on ice to get a payday the likes that Conor is getting.
which is acceptable, you just also have to accept the criticism that comes with never defending a belt in your professional career.

usa_today_9885965.0.jpg
“We don’t need to beat around the bush. Conor’s doing what he’s doing is [expletive] retarded. What Conor is doing is ridiculous,” Chiesa told Fight Society podcast via Fox Sports.

“It’s a tricky decision, and it’s all tricky because we’re sitting and waiting for one guy to do something, and you’ve got 10 guys spring loaded to do something. Like we’re all gunning to be world champion and it sucks just having to sit back and wait to see what this guy does.”

Chiesa's mom is retarded. Ha ha ha !

Full disclosure: I used to be a fan of Chiesa. Started leaning in Kevin Lee's favor because Lee is becoming a defacto Sherbro. He's had many Q&A's here, and is the only fighter I know of that gets massive hate on the Dog, yet doesn't mind returning to these shark infested waters to interact with the fans. Seems like a genuinely good dude too. He deflected the trolling attemps in his Q&A, and rolled with the SherHumor like a boss.

Chiesa insulting McGOAT a.k.a. the greatest thing to ever happen to MMA is the last straw. I hope Kevin "The MomTown Phenom" Lee destroys his whiney bitch-ass.

Last edited:
At least they all had multiple defenses

That's true but they haven't put another fight together. No one knows what's up with Khabib so they should move him to the back of the line. Tony could fight Diaz if he's not retired or Edson who's on a tear. The division is stalled until he comes back and it has a clear cut contender. Unlikely based on Conor's history that he's defending against that guy who's not a draw and unknown to everyone that doesn't post on Sherdog.

Fair points. I agree with you that Conor vs Ferguson is unlikely even if McGregor returns. I think the UF should probably now this too. So they should set up Ferguson with whoever they think is the next guy after Khabib ASAP. Barboza maybe?

Khabib's hurt or something Johnson lost to Khabib. Poirer and Alvarez are coming off that weird NC which adds to the logjam. Nate hasn't fought since losing to McGregor. I'd say Barboza should be next up with a nice little streak against some good fighters.

That's true but they haven't put another fight together. No one knows what's up with Khabib so they should move him to the back of the line. Tony could fight Diaz if he's not retired or Edson who's on a tear. The division is stalled until he comes back and it has a clear cut contender. Unlikely based on Conor's history that he's defending against that guy who's not a draw and unknown to everyone that doesn't post on Sherdog.
They offered Diaz a title fight and he turned it down. They've been trying to make a LW title fight that makes sense. I agree Tony is the #1 contender and I think every one is in agreement that Tony deserves a title shot. I just see no problem with that being an interim title

They offered Diaz a title fight and he turned it down. They've been trying to make a LW title fight that makes sense. I agree Tony is the #1 contender and I think every one is in agreement that Tony deserves a title shot. I just see no problem with that being an interim title

I stand corrected . I did not know they offer Diaz a title shot. I don't disagree with anything else you wrote, I guess I'm just crying because I have a love-hate with McGregor. I absolutely love watching this guy compete sadly a part of me thinks he could be finished

Chiesa's mom is retarded. Ha ha ha !

Full disclosure: I used to be a fan of Chiesa. Started leaning in Kevin Lee's favor because Lee is becoming a defacto Sherbro. He's had many Q&A's here, and is the only fighter I know of that gets massive hate on the Dog, yet doesn't mind returning to these shark infested waters to interact with the fans. Seems like a genuinely good dude too. He deflected the trolling attemps in his Q&A, and rolled with the SherHumor like a boss.

Chiesa insulting McGOAT a.k.a. the greatest thing to ever happen to MMA is the last straw. I hope Kevin "The MomTown Phenom" Lee destroys his whiney bitch-ass.
Shit i missed Kevins Q&A, sounds like it was fun. Any link ?

The funniest part of all the bitching is that Conor's fought more recently than 6 out of the top 10. 2 of those who've fought since he won the title (Eddie and Poirier) he viciously KO'd and are nowhere near a rematch with him as regardless their fight ended in a no contest. The only lightweight contender who at all improved his status as a contender was Barboza, who KO'd Bariush, who's the other top 10 fighter who's fought since Conor won. That's 1/10 who can complain about Conor.

The division's on hold because none of them are bothering to fight, not because of Conor. You want a title shot go fight somebody for fuck's sake. Your last win was a year ago lol, go become more relevant in the present. The UFC already showed they're willing to make an interim title, take a fight with a contender and improve your standing for nowadays instead of resting on what you did last year or whenever you last fought. And then if Conor doesn't defend after the Floyd fight you get to be undisputed champ anyways.

This isn't a case where the division isn't moving while Conor's fucking off. Only Barboza can claim to be mad about fighting while the champ is gone. The champ fought more recently than most of his contenders lol.

The funniest part of all the bitching is that Conor's fought more recently than 6 out of the top 10. 2 of those who've fought since he won the title (Eddie and Poirier) he viciously KO'd and are nowhere near a rematch with him as regardless their fight ended in a no contest. The only lightweight contender who at all improved his status as a contender was Barboza, who KO'd Bariush, who's the other top 10 fighter who's fought since Conor won. That's 1/10 who can complain about Conor.

The division's on hold because none of them are bothering to fight, not because of Conor. You want a title shot go fight somebody for fuck's sake. Your last win was a year ago lol, go become more relevant in the present. The UFC already showed they're willing to make an interim title, take a fight with a contender and improve your standing for nowadays instead of resting on what you did last year or whenever you last fought. And then if Conor doesn't defend after the Floyd fight you get to be undisputed champ anyways.

This isn't a case where the division isn't moving while Conor's fucking off. Only Barboza can claim to be mad about fighting while the champ is gone. The champ fought more recently than most of his contenders lol.
Tony had a fight signed and the opponent didn't show up. Nate doesn't wanna do Conor's dirty work (rightfully so).
Tony doesn't want to take a step backwards.

CM isn't backlogging sheeit...UFC is. McConor found a golden ticket and gets the benefit.

Tony had a fight signed and the opponent didn't show up. Nate doesn't wanna do Conor's dirty work (rightfully so).
Tony doesn't want to take a step backwards.

Not taking a step backwards doesn't mean you took a step forward. Nobody but Barboza has at all improved their contendership since Conor won the title. That's on them, not Conor.

Not taking a step backwards doesn't mean you took a step forward. Nobody but Barboza has at all improved their contendership since Conor won the title. That's on them, not Conor.
I feel tony tho. Why should he have to win another fight to get his shot. And continue to let the ufc shit on him. To Tony's defense what if he does take another fight and wins and Mcgregor fights nate instead?

Back