Media Michael Chandler Teases UFC 300 Main Event Return vs Mcgregor - UPDATE Mcgregor CONFIRMS he wants UFC 300 Main Event

Bros, they've probably been planning Chandler vs McGregor for 300 for like 6-7 months now since it got pushed back and we all said it would be at 300.

They release some fake stuff like Conor's New Years vid to throw people off a bit then resell it as a "holy shit" main event lol.
thats actually a very real possibility. when it comes to promoting, timing is key. if they announced the fight 4 months ago, then by the time 300 rolls around, the news would be stale, not to mention it’s a huge letdown if it falls through. but if there’s a bunch of drama and intrigue surrounding it, people will continue to speculate about it until it’s announced. since dana already kinda suggested it won’t happen, it would be a big shock when it’s announced, and it would be fresh in everyone’s mind when the event rolls around.

any other event, or fight, i’d assume they go by the book. but for the biggest ufc star at a significant milestone event, they’d absolutely do wwe-style hype management.

until an OFFICIAL ANNOUCEMENT.

MCg has been blowing smoke since his recovery and subsequent head growth, i don't believe anything until dana annouces it.
Eh, I wont disbelieve it. Brock was announced quite abruptly before, but I dont see how this works.

You want people to come to the event, so....give them that reason.

Eh, I wont disbelieve it. Brock was announced quite abruptly before, but I dont see how this works.

You want people to come to the event, so....give them that reason.
there's already too much smoke. i rather wait and see where the event is going with the main fight.

Would make it an amazing card if this happened. No idea why Dana isn’t just making this for ufc 300

It seems Nate is angling for a red panty night.

I'd enjoy the trash talk more with Nate, but prefer Chandler for the fight.

If they can pull this off, it'd be a massive card alongside the rest of the card
Would this satisfy your guys expectations for UFC 300?

Mcgregor vs Chandler
Zhang vs Yan
Max vs Gaethje
Charles vs Arman
+others
Would all be barnburners and could be one of the most action-packed cards in a VERY long time

UPDATE- MCGREGOR CONFIRMS HE ALSO WANTS TO BE APART OF UFC 300

No it would not satisfy my expectations for UFC 300. I have little to no interest in seeing the main event be that Irish guy, who never fights and when he does he loses and gasses out in 1.5 rounds and comes up with sad excuses.
He is 1-4 in his last 5 combat fights. Thats a 0.200 winning record. Not UFC worthy and close to Hopeless.

Give me Pereira, or Du Plessis, or Strickland, or some other proper fighter.
, a real dude, a real fighter.

I expressly do not want McG to pollute UFC 300.

At this point I’m starting to think the main event of 300 is going to be a contract signing for Mcgregor vs Chandler with a date of TBD

Between McGregor, Diaz and Chandler, Chandler gets the Gamrot treatment imo

I feel like it's not good enough. Both fighter are irrelevant. It's a Prelims caliber event.

If Diaz actually fought to win, it might be interesting to see him and mcnugget at 300.

Probable is, his fights are a joke now and for a while. Maybe if it was a title shot he would care but he gives zero fucks about winning the fight which would make for a very disappointing event.

Give me Chandler any day of the week. His fight IQ might not be for the win, but his heart always is. Every fight Chandler has had in the UFC has been a banger.

I'll be happy regardless, but it's still below expectations. 299 is what they should just call 300.

We have no idea what kind of Conor we would get to see and I think it's likely ring/cage rust will be a significant factor and I don't think he has the hunger to really compete at the highest level anymore, so that does take off a bit of the shine.

Last edited:
Conor bypassing six months of drug testing like Jones hiding under the cage.

<{outtahere}>

If they can pull this off, it'd be a massive card alongside the rest of the card
Would this satisfy your guys expectations for UFC 300?

Mcgregor vs Chandler
Zhang vs Yan
Max vs Gaethje
Charles vs Arman
+others
Would all be barnburners and could be one of the most action-packed cards in a VERY long time

UPDATE- MCGREGOR CONFIRMS HE ALSO WANTS TO BE APART OF UFC 300

If lovr it at 185

Serisously, I feel like it's UFC 200 all over again, when they coudln't get Mcgregor on the card because of negotiations and he wanted too much or something.
He got pulled from 200 because he wanted to stay in Iceland and not do any media. I don’t know where you got this idea that it was about money?

The UFC announced Tuesday that it had pulled Conor McGregor from UFC 200 on July 9. UFC President Dana White said on SportsCenter that the organization pulled McGregor from the card because he "refused to fly to [Las] Vegas for promotional stuff," per Jeremy Botter of the Houston Chronicle.

Back