Mexico says it 'will not accept' Trump's new immigration plans, and it could retaliate

This country IS our home. But go ahead and explain to me the difference between letting someone into our country illegally and letting someone into your home illegally and why ONE should be a felony and one should NOT?

Or do you agree that breaking and entering a person's home should be classified as a simple misdemeanor?

You are using two definitions of the word home in a false comparison.

Also there is nothing that prevents the American people from criminalizing illegal entry or an undocumented status.

The crimes are similar in nature. illegally entering the country is no different than illegally entering my house.

And I am trying to get just ONE liberal to explain to me why one should only be a misdemeanor and the other should be classified as a felony.

Can you offer up a rationale explanation?

Yes, a locked house is considered private property, therefore trespassing is considered a crime due to its nature.

Law infers that someone breaking into a home is a dangerous criminal because people dont break into homes for other reasons.

There are other reasons to cross a border besides the intent to commit theft or violence, like looking for a job, fleeing violence or a myriad other things. So the law doesnt assumes that an illegal crosser is a violent felon.

Trying to draw a comparison is so retarded that its not even worth an argument. You put a premise on stone and then you want someone to argue with you based on said (flawed) premise, but thats just appeal to emotion.

Well, if the came through Mexico to get here, then it's a consideration.

It's not like the US is dumping Asians that overstay their visa into Mexico.

Its not a consideration, since its contrarian to international law.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Mexico have "strict" immigration because the United States basically tells them to do so? I could be wrong.

Not sure. Rumor is they wanted to legalize all drugs until big brother USA stepped in and told them no. GOD DAMN your AV is distracting lol

How do you prove somebody is Mexican if they've long since burnt their papers and Mexico will not help you identify them and prove their citizenship? At most you could lock them up in Gitmo for 4-8 years (until next President) with full protections under international law - which would be a HUGE cost.

You cannot just round up anybody who you think is Mexican here illegally and drive them across the border and tell them to get out of the truck. Well, that actually might be something Trump will try and do, but it will not hold up in any court. When you deport somebody, the country they're being deported to has to accept them.

Mexico can stop all diplomatic cooperation, or slow walk it to hell, one person a day sorta deal. Backlog the system, court fights from hell would ensue.

the Mexican government can say that they will charge immigrants with treason, so it is not safe for them to be deported back to Mexico. and there is some stupid international law which prohibits shipping immigrants back if their lives will be in danger.
If thats the case, then it sounds like the Mexican government is forcing their immigrants into claiming asylum, therefore putting the onus on the US to help their citizens. Manufacturing refugees, if you will, without legitimate reason.

Not sure if that's the case, but yes, there are international laws governing asylum seekers. And yes, a country is obligated to take them in and process them, and not return them to an unsafe environment. See the shit storm in Europe.

Eh, pretty much no one serves real Mexican food in the US. The best you can hope for is Northern Mexican food, which isn't very good (it's all the same few ingredients shuffled around in different combinations and a change of meat).

Have to go to Mexico for the real stuff. Try Merida.

California is full of real mexican food. You have to go to the little hole in the wall places to get it.

Also there is nothing that prevents the American people from criminalizing illegal entry or an undocumented status.
Well, yes and no. By international law, asylum seekers must be sheltered until they have been processed. Even if they entered illegally. That is, if they claim the status, and can prove their return would put them in danger.

So they won't take their own citizens back. What bizzarro world do we live in?

Shuck and jive, you're avoiding the question.

My analogy does not involve my wife or anyone I know giving someone permission to enter my home.

So again, it IS a felony to enter another person's home illegally. Why then is it NOT a felony to enter our country illegally too?
The analogy is appropriate because Mexicans come here mostly because they are either hired by an American, or invited here by a family member or friend who is a citizen. They also don't have to cross the border illegally to come here. A passport or a work visa will get them here legally.

So, I would say it is much more often like accepting a job that pays cash under the table, or driving a car with an expired expired driver's license, than it is like breaking and entering a home.

Irrelevant and not the central point to my argument at all.

The crimes are similar in nature. illegally entering the country is no different than illegally entering my house.

And I am trying to get just ONE liberal to explain to me why one should only be a misdemeanor and the other should be classified as a felony.

Can you offer up a rationale explanation?

Sure it does. illegally entering a country is similar to illegally entering a house. Both involve trespassing and going someplace that you do not believe.

How about I throw you a bone since answering this question seems to HARD for you liberals...

What can a person NOT do by illegally entering your house that they cannot do by also illegally entering this country?

I just gave you a LEGAL reason why comparing the two does not work. Instead of heeding what I said and thinking about it, you keep repeating the same unsound argument and manage to throw in a supposed insult assuming that I'm a liberal. The way you proudly show your lack of logical reasoning skills on these boards is somewhat entertaining but ultimately a waste of my time.

One issue is some number of people being deported to Mexico are not from Mexico.

I just can't get over how stupid it is to start shit with a neighbor and long time ally and trading partner. People have this weird notion that the benefits of trade are not mutual.

What does international law say about entering another country illegally in the first place?

That you have the right to be deported to your country of origin.

If thats the case, then it sounds like the Mexican government is forcing their immigrants into claiming asylum, therefore putting the onus on the US to help their citizens. Manufacturing refugees, if you will, without legitimate reason.

Not sure if that's the case, but yes, there are international laws governing asylum seekers. And yes, a country is obligated to take them in and process them, and not return them to an unsafe environment. See the shit storm in Europe.

If Mexico did that it would become an international pariah, plus it would contradict the Mexican Constitution. And overall make short-work of elected officials.

Great so then you agree with me that illegally entering the country should be a felony just like illegally entering my house is. Awesome!

Back