Mexico says it 'will not accept' Trump's new immigration plans, and it could retaliate

Disagree, because theft can be defined as wrongfully taking something. I can get you to give me money under false pretenses and it is theft just the same, even if you gave it to me.

I do concede you have a point, but I don't think it's such an outrageous analogy. No need to go in circles, though.

But there are no false pretenses there, the employer doesnt gives a shit about where you came from, he only gives a shit about getting the job done.

A better example would be using medical services or welfare when they arent eligible, that could account for public theft if you may.

But then again thats up to the lawmakers to decide whether they want it to be a serious offense or not, but in an utilitarian point of view, jailing someone which costs tens of thousands of dollars would be like using chemotherapy against a benign tumor.

But there are no false pretenses there, the employer doesnt gives a shit about where you came from, he only gives a shit about getting the job done.

A better example would be using medical services or welfare when they arent eligible, that could account for public theft if you may.

But then again thats up to the lawmakers to decide whether they want it to be a serious offense or not, but in an utilitarian point of view, jailing someone which costs tens of thousands of dollars would be like using chemotherapy against a benign tumor.

Right but an illegal immigrant is taking a job that is not afforded to him, and one that should go to someone with legal status.

Maybe public services is a slightly better example, but they're all in the same ball park.

It is up to the lawmakers, but that's kind of where the debate is- what should the laws be.

Right but an illegal immigrant is taking a job that is not afforded to him, and one that should go to someone with legal status.

Maybe public services is a slightly better example, but they're all in the same ball park.

It is up to the lawmakers, but that's kind of where the debate is- what should the laws be.

1.- Nobody is entitled to a job, they are private property, if a company is moving a jobs between states or countries, is that stealing?

2.- Indeed, but going as far as claiming illegal immigrants should be charged with breaking and entry is ridiculous.

1.- Nobody is entitled to a job, they are private property, if a company is moving a jobs between states or countries, is that stealing?

2.- Indeed, but going as far as claiming illegal immigrants should be charged with breaking and entry is ridiculous.

There's no need to go in circles here. I grant that you have a point, but I don't think it's as different as you imply.

I don't think it's ridiculous. Immigrants have been charged using trespass laws in the past.

There's no need to go in circles here. I grant that you have a point, but I don't think it's as different as you imply.

I don't think it's ridiculous. Immigrants have been charged using trespass laws in the past.

Were the charges upheld or not?

I don't know that countries can be seen as homes, but you haven't done a good job in defeating the analogy.

When you illegally enter a country in an attempt to benefit from the country, it's the same as entering a home in an attempt to benefit. It doesn't matter if the intent is "just to get a job" no more than it is to "just steal your wallet" because neither the job nor the wallet are yours to take. You're taking something that belongs to someone else. In this way, they are exactly the same.

THANK YOU!!!! Finally somebody gets my point.

As you said: "You're taking something that belongs to someone else. In this way, they are exactly the same."

It truly boggles my mind that some people cannot recognize this simple fact.

Don't Snitch, they do not like analogy because it systematically destroys their entire argument.

Either they believe that BOTH instances should count as felonies or they believe that NEITHER should count as felonies but simple misdemeanors.

Rod won't even give me his opinion, he keeps going back to "lawmakers can decide this, etc"

No, I am asking you what YOU think, not what politicians think, or lawmakers think.

Back