Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to put Juan thru the trouble of having my gloves re-made. What can I do to save whatever is left of the decal and prevent the rest of it from peeling off?

I was thinking about blowdrying it for a few minutes. Would that be effective?

First of all, awesome comparison review. I'm sure I said it before, I love the look of those Zepol.

I've used this technique to iron leather. It might help adhere the logo to the gloves. You might want to test it out on you friends Reyes gloves first.

Iron your leather jacket. Place the iron on a warm setting, and put a heavy brown paper bag between the iron and the jacket. This will protect the leather from burns while still allowing sufficient heat through to remove the wrinkles.

Wow, that's a great comparative review! I personally dislike that spongy padding in Reyes, and also in Grants. Glad to see Zepols dont have that

Cleto Reyes should be here Friday, or even tormorrow depending on how the sorting works to night... They are in Mississauga now, but I think they might have been picked up from customs too late for delivery tomorrow.

Rskbreaker, Minowa, Roadwarrior, thanks for the compliments! They are very much appreciated.

Rsk, about the ironing of the leather technique...if I put the paper bag over the decal, would there be a chance that the decal might prefer to adhere to the paper rather than the leather?

Also, to answer Kounterpunch's question: If you pinch the padding of on the gloves, the padding in the Zepol pushes itself back out faster than the padding in the Reyes. Another way to look at it would be to take each glove and throw them down onto the ground really hard would equal strength. Once the gloves hit the ground, the Zepol would bounce back up higher than the Reyes hahaha!

Has anyone ordered from fightersfocus before? I just bought a pair of cleto's training gloves with a coupon code for 116.00 got them in 16oz yellows with hook and loop.

Has anyone ordered from fightersfocus before? I just bought a pair of cleto's training gloves with a coupon code for 116.00 got them in 16oz yellows with hook and loop.

Never heard of them, and their site looks kinda ghetto... I noticed that their prices don't really change from size and colour; I noticed one glove charged extra for yellow, while the H&L didn't, so I wouldnt be surprised if they sent you a secondary invoice. Also with the prices being so low, I am a little skeptical about them being legit; Lockwoodsboxing (Cletos USA pretty much) has been the cheapest I found, so I don't see how that place can sell it cheaper than Cleto Reyes direct, especially with Cletos strict resellers agreements, which is why a lot of places sell them for around $170.

Never heard of them, and their site looks kinda ghetto... I noticed that their prices don't really change from size and colour; I noticed one glove charged extra for yellow, while the H&L didn't, so I wouldnt be surprised if they sent you a secondary invoice. Also with the prices being so low, I am a little skeptical about them being legit; Lockwoodsboxing (Cletos USA pretty much) has been the cheapest I found, so I don't see how that place can sell it cheaper than Cleto Reyes direct, especially with Cletos strict resellers agreements, which is why a lot of places sell them for around $170.

Ya i thought same about the site being ghetto but i found a few places that had similar prices to them and i had the coupon so thought i'd try it out, hope they are legit lol.

They're here!!!

They arrived a little dirty, but wrapped in the sealed plastic, so I guess that is from the factory...
DSC02901.jpg

No worries though, they cleaned up fine, and then I conditioned the leather.

Rivals are 18oz, and JCs are 16oz

DSC02910.jpg

DSC02913.jpg

DSC02914.jpg

The thumbs are a little stiff, but I think that has to do with the one piece hand; my Lemarrs were the same, the Cleto's also have a thicker leather on the bottom of the thumb, I guess because it is vented. Everyone said the hand compartment was huge... all I can say is LIARS! the glove is wide, but the glove is a very snug fit, and I do not see it sliding around; the padding is soft and seems broken in, it is easy to open your hand, and I cant feel my knuckles through the foam like the JCs.

Finally! Congratulations - wonderful gloves!
Completely agree - the hand compartment is a bit wider, but the gloves are really snug in general. With wraps they fit very snug. Do not like much the thumb position, but overall Reyes are amazing!

Don't know if its just the angle of the picture but the left glove at the front where the fingers lay looks like there are two indentations.

Don't know if its just the angle of the picture but the left glove at the front where the fingers lay looks like there are two indentations.

that is from the vacuum sealed packaging, they should come out over time.

Edit: ya, they are almost gone now.

Last edited:
your making me want to buy a pair of cletos now. i just wish they still had them in the WBC green

your making me want to buy a pair of cletos now. i just wish they still had them in the WBC green

They do have them in Green and Orange, but you have to email Mike at lockwoodsboxing, they also carry a hefty price difference even compared to other special colours.

They do have them in Green and Orange, but you have to email Mike at lockwoodsboxing, they also carry a hefty price difference even compared to other special colours.

i may need to order a nother pair of zepols then. thinking the same green as the wbc belt and gold and white thumb and palm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back