Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Juan Antonio.

This is Bongie

I knew it, you are the only guy who asked for a totally black gloves.

Take care Bongie.

About the Size of 16 oz Boxeo they are a little narrower than Zepol, the difference it is on the part which protects the thumb, it is more prominent on Boxeos.

Diference between hybrid and laceup I think it is the sensation of the extra wrist support given by the hybrids.

Saludos

Last edited:
LOL, my IMF's could probably last a couple more years, but they feel like they are going the way of my other gloves that I don't use as much anymore. I used to have Casanovas, and even though they were huge in the pocket, I would be able to use and actually enjoyed using by adding more wraps in my knuckles. Unfortunately, those are 14 ounces and I wouldn't be able to use them in the ring. Now, I can't imagine how I've ever been able to use them. The size of the pocket is completely ridiculous in my opinion.

Here are my review of them and my Shevlins from a while ago

Casanova and Shevlin

My Shevlins, I can't use anymore either. I made the mistake of cutting lace that made them an 'attached-thumb' glove and now every time I use them I feel like I need to punch doing a sideways thumbs up.

By far the glove that I've put the most millage in is some cheap Title gloves that I used for sparring. Unfortunately they are 14s and I can't use them in the ring at my current gym.

Here's a pic of my current gear that I just got done rubbing down with some Vaseline minus my boots.

CYMERA_20130623_183336.jpg
fine photo of some great equipment! congrats

Boxeos are so damn fugly... But everyone says they are like Mexican Winnings so, there ya go...

Boxeos are so damn fugly... But everyone says they are like Mexican Winnings so, there ya go...

Agree. That seemingly protruding thumb guard kills it for me.

It's like that ugly red headed step child...That gives good head. :eek:

You guys think they are ugly? I really like the look. I love the black on black too looks sweet!

Boxeo looks really good imo. I like that they look different from everything else. The colors are nice and vibrant, even black.

I just ordered a pair of Zepols and Fairtex from Juan! My Boxeos are being shipped today by out big friend Gus!

Agree. That seemingly protruding thumb guard kills it for me.

It's like that ugly red headed step child...That gives good head. :eek:

Yeah i was a bit reluctant myself because the only pic I had to send to my friends was that yellow pair. Black helps hide the thumb guard a bit (like a mustache covering a hair lip). Still, performance is all I really care about and if they perform then they're better than any flashy glove that doesn't. The rest of the glove actually looks pretty sharp though - I like the cuff, the palm side, and the absence of the logo on the back of the knuckles.

Your analogy is hilarious, I might steal it. I've been telling my friends that these gloves have the rep of "an ugly chick who tries hard in bed."

Juan is shipping my boxeos out tomorrow. Review coming soon! Stay tuned!

Lol is that blair in AU? Just kidding my friend ;D. Funny find shihtzu.

Also clamp i didn't actually know Juan shipped out Fairtex and other brands like that o.o?

Finally...boxeo looks fine if customized...I don't mind the look too much...I just wish they had more customization colour options. The performance of boxeo + the customization/shape of zepol would be the perfect mesh.

He just had a pair. He only deals with Mexican brands :)

Clamps and Strato, please post some in depth reviews for the Boxeos. Technoir recommended them to me over Casanovas, but i'm waiting on them to see if they have the features i liked in the Casanova gloves. Specifically the cement-like wrist support (laces), thin padding, and un-attached thumb of old Casanova gloves is what i liked.

You guys think they are ugly? I really like the look. I love the black on black too looks sweet!

Come on dude they look like top contender gloves. Hey Im seriously considering em, based on performance only... this Reyes(safetec) or Martial World? hrmm..... Reyes custom 12oz trainer with safetec..... oh yeah....

But I love red heads.....ooooohhh yes....

Come on dude they look like top contender gloves. Hey Im seriously considering em, based on performance only... this Reyes(safetec) or Martial World? hrmm..... Reyes custom 12oz trainer with safetec..... oh yeah....

But I love red heads.....ooooohhh yes....

yeah, they are fucking hideous, but I am about to order a set of 12oz hybrid boxes for the bag. I think they are a bit ugly to spar with, but are ok for the bag, hahaha

Kidding, well sorta. They are ugly

Come on dude they look like top contender gloves.

I dunno if I'd go that far.... :p

Depends on the model of Top Contender I guess. When they first came out, TC had some models that were d@mn near indestructible. Knew a guy who rocked a pair for like 4 years. Picked up a couple pairs of TC last year and they're pretty flimsy.

Instead of TC, I'd say these gloves look like a vintage '90s pair of Tufwears with an unfortunately huge growth on her face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back