Mexican Boxing Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do own black n silvers just not what juan posted. Those have split halves mine are literally just black w silver palms. Nothing too crazy :)

Ninja turtle gloves haha.

If you look on page 9, Boxeo does customs, but Juan didn't have too many Boxeo pics to post early on.

Ninja turtle gloves? More like mexican flag gloves man...seriously...ninja turtles is what you came up with :) Haha you're awesome my friend. And yeah i dont know why i didnt know about custom. Everyone who has ordered has only shown plain one color scheme gloves.

Hey guys,
Did anyone order a headgear? How does mexican headgear compare to a normal cheek protector one in terms of vision, weight and protection? I have been hit really hard in sparring lately but I don't want to wear a bitch bar :redface:

Hey guys,
Did anyone order a headgear? How does mexican headgear compare to a normal cheek protector one in terms of vision, weight and protection? I have been hit really hard in sparring lately but I don't want to wear a bitch bar :redface:

Why it is bitchy to protect your face from unnecessary damage?

I use Reyes Headgear, its very light but very protective. The cheek protectors is what I like about it most, they cover a lot of surface area and don't really obscure my vision. I solely box, no MMA. The padding when broken in, is one of the best. However, one major downside it takes about 20 rounds of sparring to break in. Its very stiff at 1st but softens up really well. During those 20 rounds I had to constantly re-adjust my headgear after the rounds were up because I would get pressure spots. Overall my visibility is very good.

I don't think owning a facesaver is a "Bitch" bar. A lot of us at our gym cycle between facesavers and Mexican style headgear.

Why it is bitchy to protect your face from unnecessary damage?

This for real. The only thing dumber than the one's who call face savers bitch bars are the people who are self conscious enough to be afraid to wear one lol...get out of here with this crap seriously buddy. You're stepping into the ring to spar...that makes you a bigger man than the vast majority who won't go near a boxing gym, let alone into the ring. I can't tell if this is a serious topic or not.

My 18oz Boxeos! I really like the color combo, clean but sharp. Juan is shipping them on Monday. Will let you guys know how they feel when I get them!

All the best,
Gus

54d25t.jpg

Holy ----. I love that combo color man. Lemme know how they perform!

Its like grant's default colour combo except an actually good glove for the money inside it!

This for real. The only thing dumber than the one's who call face savers bitch bars are the people who are self conscious enough to be afraid to wear one lol...get out of here with this crap seriously buddy. You're stepping into the ring to spar...that makes you a bigger man than the vast majority who won't go near a boxing gym, let alone into the ring. I can't tell if this is a serious topic or not.

First of all, since I'm getting ready for a fight, yes this is a serious topic. As for a face saver, I don't know man, I haven't ever won one but have heard about how hot/heavy they are. Also, aren't they kind of pricey?

At the end of the day, I do want to feel something if I get hit. I mean, I have to, seeing I will be forced to wear open faced headgear on the night. Its just that I don't want my head hurting after hard sparring all the time. That's all.

Ok man i see. I'm not trying to come after you i just wanted to remind you that you're definitely not a bitch regardless of what headgear you weae because you've stepled into the ring to begin with and thats a feat of its own :)

I think you look at it two ways. Regardless of how sharp your defense is...an open face headgear could give you a bloody/crushed nose by chance before a fight (however small the chance there still is one) so you might go in not 100%. On the other hand, a facesaver could make your defense go down if you start just taking the shots since you cant feel them and get lazy with your d...bad for fight night.

My take is if you have the discipline and solid defense that you dont get lazy on, get the facesaver...if you're the type that needs to be hit and reminded to stay sharp for fight night from being hit in that way...sure go open face.

My suggestion to you is to get something in between....similar to fg2900...like what mayweather wears. Its not completely open face and its not a facesaver with a bar. The cheek protectors on fg2900 style protect the nose and face enough not to get compromised IF you stay sharp. If you square up and get lazy, you can still get tagged hard down the middle. Also, fg2900 style headgear is much lighter. Juan probably has mexican headgears in this style.

10747052-small.jpg

I just reread your original statement and i realize youre already asking for a similar style gear to this. My advice...save up the money if juan cant hook you up because its your head/brain...isn't that worth investing into?

Thing is about the facesaver, i cycle it on if my coach asks me to go some rounds after i just logged some in the previous day. Face needs to heal, bloody noses are just one instance. Mexican style doesnt provide enough protection for the nose in many cases. So prepping for a fight anyone should know this as u dont want injuries prior to fighting.

Not all facesavers are big and clunky. From what i hear the new winning facesaver is pretty dang light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back