Metal Heads are the New Hipsters

If you don't like metal you are probably going to die in the posercaust

Then I’m the most hipsterest hipster because I played in a metal band over 10 years ago, and quit already, staying wa ahead of the trend.

I work with a bunch of Metal heads and they be serious about they metal. Like they get mad if you confuse one style with another and stuff. But I didnt know there was 100 different kinds like thrash,hair,death,etc.. Its all just rock and roll to me.

But after talking to them I realize they the new hipsters. With Rap taking over sales and radio, they become more underground and harder to find and metal head follow them hardcore and srs. Anyone else notice this.

It's been like this for decades. As a metal head I hate it. Metal is metal!

I agree to an extent but i think more than others the rocker community is filled with die hard fans that take it to heart and are walking encyclopedias when it comes to their music.

That being said i recently stumbled on this video that totally reinforces what you are saying.

Rockers ( and athletes) with beards are the last bastion we have to connect facial hair with masculinity! So when i saw this video i was in complete disbelief at how much of a cuck lord this dude sounds like while critiquing bands he doesn't like. So if your friends sound like this va-guy-na over here then yea....i agree.

This guys just said Megadeth riffs are boring. He lost credibility with his grandma for saying dumb shit like that. He is a cuck.

I work with a bunch of Metal heads and they be serious about they metal. Like they get mad if you confuse one style with another and stuff. But I didnt know there was 100 different kinds like thrash,hair,death,etc.. Its all just rock and roll to me.

But after talking to them I realize they the new hipsters. With Rap taking over sales and radio, they become more underground and harder to find and metal head follow them hardcore and srs. Anyone else notice this.

Yeah.. The way they autistically over categorize and throw Rainman fits about it? It's embarassing and they are all fkn dorks that are completely clueless about how cool hard rock/alternative can actually be to large groups of people. Complete fkn dorks ruining music even further. Thanks autist weakling modern metal fan, thank you for burning the corpse of rock while under the delusion you are keeping it alive. Us 90's white people who took beatings in pits and found no reason whatsoever to categorize GWAR, we were fkn cool, and you guys are literal shit stains. Enjoy your butt pirate tech metal and sharing the one ugly chick for every 50 of you that will end up assuredly getting knocked up by a nonmetal fan, because you suck. In your honor, I'll listen to my Crow soundtrack all the way through, remember when hot popular chicks in the mid 90s liked it all as "music," and completely in your honor recognize industrial as a slightly different genre. Losers.

when i was in college, my car radio got stolen. Only problem was the CD player was broken and wouldn't eject, so they got a free copy of Great Southern Trendkill

in San Diego, i doubt that was the ideal listening demographic for the likely thief hahaha
On the brightside, you prolly converted somebody.

I dont quite understand what you are getting at with the rockers and athletes with beards and masculinity comment. What does this mean

I think he means Metal is one of the last forms of music where it's ok too be masculine.

Yeah.. The way they autistically over categorize and throw Rainman fits about it? It's embarassing and they are all fkn dorks that are completely clueless about how cool hard rock/alternative can actually be to large groups of people. Complete fkn dorks ruining music even further. Thanks autist weakling modern metal fan, thank you for burning the corpse of rock while under the delusion you are keeping it alive. Us 90's white people who took beatings in pits and found no reason whatsoever to categorize GWAR, we were fkn cool, and you guys are literal shit stains. Enjoy your butt pirate tech metal and sharing the one ugly chick for every 50 of you that will end up assuredly getting knocked up by a nonmetal fan, because you suck. In your honor, I'll listen to my Crow soundtrack all the way through, remember when hot popular chicks in the mid 90s liked it all as "music," and completely in your honor recognize industrial as a slightly different genre. Losers.

Hell yeah brother, awesome soundtrack! NiN, STP, The Cure, Pantera, etc all on one album!

f0b5209831ff2a6d264dae23ce27cd12--nu-metal-black-metal.jpg

Let's help out TS.

Hey I liked a few Weezer songs.

I like metal and like previously mentioned there are a fuck ton of different genres and sub cultures. The people that are into the more obscure sub genres like Black Metal are going to be your more hipstery metal heads.

There was an anthropologist that did a series of documentaries that aired on VH1 called the evolution of metal. Even if you're not super into metal they are still a good watch. They're all on Youtube if you want to check them out.

Here's one on Extreme Metal. The guys you are talking about would probably fall into this crowd...

Here is also the metal family tree that breaks down all of the sub genres.

4vKZbNC.jpg

Cant go wrong with some thrash

Saw these guys play a backyard show in compton when i was 18. One of the best shows ive ever been to, venues and all

I dont quite understand what you are getting at with the rockers and athletes with beards and masculinity comment. What does this mean
Beards have been hijacked by skinny jean wearing hipsters and gay dudes. Nothing against them but when I see a dude with a beard i always think there might be a chance they are gay.

When I see an athlete or a rocker with a beard the thought doesn't cross my mind but this guy definitely sets off the cuck-dar.

The underground never dies, op. There've been a ton of articles the last few years about the resurgence of vinyl and how pressing plants can't keep up with the demand but metalheads never stopped buying vinyl. I've heard that ned flanders band and that kid doesn't know dick. Most metalheads don't get offended if someone doesn't listen to metal and doesn't know the differences or history. That's just retarded. It's like expecting someone, who doesn't watch MMA, to understand how slick and amazing DJ's slam into armbar was. I tend to avoid music conversations because it usually boils down to this:

Person A: "What kind of music do you like?"
Me: "Ahh, stuff you'd probably hate. Metal mostly."
Person A: "Oh yeah? What bands?"
Person A: "Bunch of underground stuff, nothing that famous. So what do you...."
Person A: "Come on. Bands like Metallica?"
Me: "Goatpenis."
Person A: "Oh...."

That Metal Evolution chart is missing a lot of key bands. No Stooges for the punk section? Where's Blasphemy? And Brazil is/was more than Sepultura...Sarcofago, Mystifier and all the other maniacs from back then. No Master's Hammer? Neurosis? Sleep or High on Fire? Calling Kyuss metal is a bit of a stretch. Pantera was never thrash. That list is starting to piss me off.

when i was in college, my car radio got stolen. Only problem was the CD player was broken and wouldn't eject, so they got a free copy of Great Southern Trendkill

in San Diego, i doubt that was the ideal listening demographic for the likely thief hahaha

Same thing happened to me except it was Death Scream Bloody Gore. Cops said it was probably a gang initiation since we bordered the hood. I hope they enjoyed Chuck's sick fucking riffs lol.

hell,even longer than that IMO
Much longer.

When I first started listening to metal in the early 90s, it was already like this. Hell, even in the 80s, you had metal guys debating what actually constituted being a true metal band. Probably was like this forever in the metal community. We like to discuss our music genre, and what makes a good group, more than any other fans, in my experience.

Last edited:
Fuck metal.

Fuck it with Valkyrie on a stony clifftop in a storm of thunder and fury.

Fuck it until the very gods themselves weep.

Fuck metal.

I love metal. Korn is the best but Disturbed is pretty good too.

Back