Mentally toughest and weakest fighters

I've personally never seen a weak minded person complete a triathlon. I have friends who are training for triathlons and it takes a lot of dedication to even get there. Not only endurance, but also technique for swimming and running etc.
Stamina isnt necesserialy mental.toughness
That said the diaz bros are tough sobs in taking hits too....maybe not so at taking insults

Stamina isnt necesserialy mental.toughness
That said the diaz bros are tough sobs in taking hits too....maybe not so at taking insults
Nate Diaz was the first person IMO who really wasn't flustered by Conor's trash talk. He was able to take it all, and dish it back out even harder.. I think he's one of the most mentally strong fighters on the roster today. He doesn't even let himself get bullied by the UFC. He just does whatever the fuck he wants. Also, he said in one interview that he just imagines the worst possible outcome i.e. (getting KTFO on live TV) accepts that, and then just goes to fight. That's a sign of mental toughness too. Just like Gaethjes mentality.

Nate Diaz was the first person IMO who really wasn't flustered by Conor's trash talk. He was able to take it all, and dish it back out even harder.. I think he's one of the most mentally strong fighters on the roster today. He doesn't even let himself get bullied by the UFC. He just does whatever the fuck he wants. Also, he said in one interview that he just imagines the worst possible outcome i.e. (getting KTFO on live TV) accepts that, and then just goes to fight. That's a sign of mental toughness too. Just like Gaethjes mentality.
Not flustered but genuinely annoyed

Cormier, a guy who has only lost against Jon f*cking Jones, mentally weak... TS just lives in a fantasy world, like other couch potatoes who don't know anything about fighting and still dare make ridiculous judgments about the fighters.

Pretty funny that almost all answers are fighters from the last couple years. How about the old school warriors.

Big Nog
Fedor
Shogun
Innoue
Don Frye
To name a few

I ain't going to call any professional fighter mentally weak, the concept is an oxymoron.

20ptx84.gif

hqdefault.jpg

25503FDE00000578-0-image-a-78_1423008628373.jpg

dcjonescover.jpg

giphy.gif

BEEcNgm.gif

<DCrying>

He's emotional, not mentally weak. Two different things.

Don't confuse mental strength with having a low intelligence and a natural ability to take head trauma.

Also, mental weakness is not the same as having the ability to understand when it's time to give up and survive to fight another day, with a few more brain cells intact.

I have never seen a mentally weak fighter that has lasted as long as most of the fighters people have put on their lists, mentally weak fighters don't make it to that level, some may throw a fight for an easy pay day but it's generally not the case.

Lol guys like u makes me sick!

Just because Conors famous now, doesn't mean he did not work for it... U want to fight because of "Conor money" now in 2017... Are u willing to fight for Conor money back in 2012? Or even earlier?

Let's see if u can take years of beating for free, THEN u can talk about fighting for half of a mil.... Conor got to where he is by making sacrifices, he pretty much made nothing back in the days, how long do u think u can endure? Takes a beating and not getting paid

I've had 5 muay thai fights - all for free, and hundreds of sparring sessions.

This has gone way off topic.

It was originally about Conor taking on one of the best boxers of our generation.

It wasn't as if no one else was brave enough, and that he stepped up to the challenge, and he deserves accolade for facing fear head on.

It wasn't like Floyd was asking for challengers and there was silence in the boxing world, but lo and behold a small voice from the mma community - Conor god, his balls taste so good McGregor - could be heard, and said "I'm brave enough" and the world responded in awe of this act of strength in the face of almost certain defeat.

Yes of course he has balls for setting foot in an environment to fight, something majority will never know (but also many do). But he is no special case in braveness compared to other fighters.

No this is a professional fighter making millions of dollars. This was a money fight all along and we know it. You know it. It was for a fucking "MONEY BELT" against "MONEY MAYWEATHER" for MONEY, millions of it. It was a fucking lottery ticket

Lol he did that for the 100 million dollar payday, don't act like it was some act of bravery. If he really wanted to challenge himself he'd call out Gennady Golovkin.
Lol, probably wouldn’t enjoy his money with the brain damage GGG would give him.

Toughest that stick out to me - Sanchez,Bisping,Roy
Weakest- Rumble , Pettis,

tough - Enson Inoue, the guy would die rather than quit
weak - Brock Lesnar

How is McGregor on the weak list? He stepped into a boxing ring against the greatest boxer of all time in his first professional boxing match?
Yeah, TS, did you see Mendes vs McGregor? What other fighter charges at a guy after they have been taken down so many times? After that fight, Luke Thomas was saying how McGregor may be the mentally toughest fighter we have ever seen......then, hed gasses vs Diaz, gets rocked, choked, loses a fight and he is a pussy?

Lol he did that for the 100 million dollar payday, don't act like it was some act of bravery. If he really wanted to challenge himself he'd call out Gennady Golovkin.
Did you see the fight? He could have taken a knee, went down and got the same money. Don't confuse gassing in 30 minutes of BOXING or losing to a GOAT & better boxer, in his sport, as mental weakness. The reality is, his performances vs Nate 2, Mendes and Holloway with a busted knee prove how tough he is. Weak minded fighters don't become champ champs, fight in 3 weight classes in one year and pull out of fights with tiny injuries and don't accept short replacements.

Back