Mentally toughest and weakest fighters

Now that Diego Sanchez has been stopped by strikes, there are not a lot of chins cracked in the UFC. The day Frankie Edgar gets submitted or KO'd I'll smash my entire house and jump out my window in a swan dive.

This was a stupid thread no matter who you put in it,but hardly any mma fighters are mentally weak,if they were they wouldnt make it fat,and everyone had bad moments here or there.
Wouldn't make it fat? Is this about Roy Nelson?

How is McGregor on the weak list? He stepped into a boxing ring against the greatest boxer of all time in his first professional boxing match?
Yeah and Larry Holmes totally beat the best boxer ever not some former shell of Ali completely the greatest fighter ever man.

Cruz has to be one of the strongest fighters mentality. I do disagree with Rockhold he does bitch a lot but he spends hours just fine tuning kicks and seems like he has a general strive to be the best although I wouldn't rank him as the highest I would put him around average.

Weakest Anderson and Jones.

That’s the entire point. Fighters get fatigued. Some fight on and don’t stop punching until they damn near kill themselves (Thrilla in Manila for example), and then others fold like cheap lawn chairs. The difference lies in the Fighters heart and mental toughness.

Guy, he gassed in Diaz II after knocking him down multiple times and rallied to win rounds 4 and 5.

Vitor, Ronda and Reem seem mentally weak.

Mentally strong would be Big Nog and Robbie lawler.

That was full blown TRT Victor lol, dont you remember when people found out that the UFC let him fight with testosterone levels well above the limit ? He was also 205 lbs, nothing baby about him
I know right, just looking at him you could tell he was as big if not bigger than the rest of his TRT tenure.

Mental toughness in MMA is doing what needs to be done to get the "W" even when you can't see or have a broken bone. It's sticking to a good game plan or switching game plans if things aren't working. I don't think it necessarily means being able to get hit in the face without quitting for 5 rounds -- although it takes a very tough person to do that. It isn't allowing one self to be baited into the other fighters' style of fight but it could be defined as baiting the other fighter to leave their preferred style. Mentally weak fighters never recover once they are taken into deep waters and taste defeat. So with that said -- some of the toughest are GSP, Rory Mac, Edgar, Stipe and Miesha. Some mentally Weak ones are Rousey, Rumble, Hendricks and Carwin. If I thought about it for another hour I'd probably change half of each list though.

Personally I don't think any mma fighter weak mentally.

So who is stronger, the insecure guy who pushes well beyond his previous self imposed limits, or the mentally strong who doesn't quite go to his limits?

Strongest: McGregor, Cruz, Garbrandt, Diaz Bros
Weakest : Rhonda, Cormier, Aldo

Back