Men Are Now More Likely Than Women to “Marry Up”

MikeMcMann

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So will this end the 'wage gap' complaints always stating something needs to be done to bring women's wages up to the levels of men's?

I personally doubt it since that argument was disingenuous and politically motivated to begin with.

Also I have read in other studies on this which I have mentioned in the past that they say this will lead to an increasingly bigger Have/HaveNot society because despite the fact that woman may have no choice now but to marry guys making less typically they are far less likely to marry a guy where the wage gap is large and in fact tend to get more picky and wait longer to marry up or equivalent. Whereas prior wealthy men had no issues marrying way down (wage gap wise) thus spreading the wealth more.

Men Are Now More Likely Than Women to “Marry Up”

It used to be that women were the ones who “married up”—snagging men who were more highly educated and professionally successful than they were, allowing them to step into a higher economic class. But now that women are outpacing men in college enrollment and driving growth in the labor force, there’s been a seesaw effect: According to a new study in the journalDemography, the tables have turned—men are now the ones who are more likely to “marry up.”

Researchers at the University of Kansas studied Census data between 1990 and 2011 andfoundthat “women’s personal earnings have grown faster than men’s earnings during this time,” due to women increasing their education, and with it, their employment opportunities.

I don't know if it is true that men are now more likely to marry up, but It's an interesting dynamic in terms of social change and what sort of effects it may have on society at large.

Wealth is something woman generally find attractive (power, indication of competence and ability to provide, etc) in a man but that isn't the case as much when it comes to what men find attractive (more physical).

Women will find a shrinking pool of men who are at par or above them the wealthier they become as individuals, and it may just increase loneliness.

I'll likely marry up as I'm a fucking bum, I can't be marrying down now can I ? I'd be taking in some homeless chick. I for one welcome our new Sugar Mommas.

#MenMarryingUp
#BuyMeDinner
#ThanksForTheJewelrySweetCheeks

I don't know if it is true that men are now more likely to marry up, but It's an interesting dynamic in terms of social change and what sort of effects it may have on society at large.

Wealth is something woman generally find attractive (power, indication of competence and ability to provide, etc) in a man but that isn't the case as much when it comes to what men find attractive (more physical).

Women will find a shrinking pool of men who are at par or above them the wealthier they become as individuals, and it may just increase loneliness.
Yes.

They have done studies generally the more wealthy and independent she is financially the less likely to marry at all or they marry much later. And still the women tend to strive to marry up or at least equivalent or with a prestigious career.

JK Rowling with billions may not find a financial equal but she will choose a prestigious head surgeon.

Thus why I say above they are concerned about a growing wage gap.

I'll likely marry up as I'm a fucking bum, I can't be marrying down now can I ? I'd be taking in some homeless chick. I for one welcome our new Sugar Mommas.

#MenMarryingUp
#BuyMeDinner
#ThanksForTheJewelrySweetCheeks
I guarantee you this will shepherd in changes to divorce laws, custody and Alimony and Child support payments in the future.

The idea of 'bum' men leaching off hard working and more wealthy women will not sit right with society as a whole.

I already know of one guy in our extended friendship circle who is collecting significant support from his ex wife who built a very successful medical practice while they were married and all he does now is sit at home playing video games and smoking weed all day.

You should see the rage this gets when she is out with us and her ex husband is brought up for discussion in the group. Both men and women are outraged that a young healthy man can just sit home and leach.

I am always tempted to bring up that no one ever really cared when an ex wife of a very wealthy man never went back to work and lived off alimony or support payments. The stereotype opposing the man staying home playing video games being the woman sitting home eating bonbons and watching soap opera's all day. But I know to keep my mouth shut there.

I guarantee you this will shepherd in changes to divorce laws, custody and Alimony and Child support payments in the future.

The idea of 'bum' men leaching off hard working and more wealthy women will not sit right with society as a whole.

I already know of one guy in our extended friendship circle who is collecting significant support from his ex wife who built a very successful medical practice while they were married and all he does now is sit at home playing video games and smoking weed all day.

You should see the rage this gets when she is out with us and her ex husband is brought up for discussion in the group. Both men and women are outraged that a young healthy man can just sit home and leach.

I am always tempted to bring up that no one ever really cared when an ex wife of a very wealthy man never went back to work and lived off alimony or support payments. The stereotype opposing the man staying home playing video games being the woman sitting home eating bonbons and watching soap opera's all day. But I know to keep my mouth shut there.

You're right on that one.

Men get absolutely sodomized by divorce courts, more often than not. That's one of the few things I definitely agree with the 'mens rights' groups.

Many Women see no issue with a Man having to support his ex-wife, but when the tables turn the feminists are gonna' flip their shit (and rightly so, it's just the fact no one does anything at the moment where many Men get the short end of the stick, that is the issue).

The divorce courts still act like Women are unable to provide for themselves, this is archaic and sexist. Most Women these days work their jobs, earn their own money and do fine for themselves. They don't need money thrown at them by virtue of being a fair maiden.

My Uncle is still (I think) paying alimony all these years after his divorce to his ex-wife, she's remarried and has a fine paying job herself. She doesn't need no money. All this makes me very wary of ever getting married (I'm not religious either, so it has no 'special' meaning to me).

High powered women who don't need their partner to provide for them are looking for more masculine blue collar guys who can lay the pipe as opposed to effeminate guys making more money in the age of technology. Makes sense to me. Those cold blooded business ladies need someone who can who can put them in check at home.

TLDR: pants suit ladies want blue collar guys to beat the pussy up

I read somewhere that a small % of men is already taking up the majority of women. Like 20% men is taking up 80% of the women or shit like that. Now it will be even worst. Would not be surprised if we turn into China in a few years.

I read somewhere that a small % of men is already taking up the majority of women. Like 20% men is taking up 80% of the women or shit like that. Now it will be even worst. Would not be surprised if we turn into China in a few years.

That is fake news from men who can't get Women.

How does that even make any sense to you ? Or them ?

La-la-land.

Yeah it seems more that women are settling for men who are not more successful them as they are becoming increasingly scarce.

TBH I doubt most men really care how much money a woman makes compared to them.

High powered women who don't need their partner to provide for them are looking for more masculine blue collar guys who can lay the pipe as opposed to effeminate guys making more money in the age of technology. Makes sense to me. Those cold blooded business ladies need someone who can who can put them in check at home.

Every woman who I've ever slept with has been more attractive and more successful than me.

Once women can take care of themselves, they care less about mens' income. If you're worried about the Epidemic of Gold Digging Whores, date women with more money than you.

Every woman who I've ever slept with has been more attractive and more successful than me.

Once women can take care of themselves, they care less about mens' income. If you're worried about the Epidemic of Gold Digging Whores, date women with more money than you.
Imma dig up that study that says the opposite of that is true.

Not saying there are not exceptions but generally the more wealthy she is the more picky she becomes and the more she will wait. Most women, if they marry down will only accept a small discrepancy in pay and many simply will not marry otherwise.

Imma dig up that study that says the opposite of that is true.

Not saying there are not exceptions but generally the more wealthy she is the more picky she becomes and the more she will wait. Most women, if they marry down will only accept a small discrepancy in pay and many simply will not marry otherwise.

Well I'm not married. I just bang, bro.

jtj4U6.gif

I have heard of the 80/20 world. 80% of the women only want 20% of the men. 80% of the men only chase 20% of the women.

On dating apps, women way more than half of the men (Maybe 80%) below average looking.

Back