Mcgregor vs Ferguson: KO power not a factor

I can't believe there are retards trying to push the idea that Conor isn't a power striker or doesn't have enough power

Just lying

Everyone always makes a big deal about McGregors Power but the fact is he only has one one shot knock out and is UFC career.

It’s true Tony has a history of getting hurt in his fights but he usually recovers and his heart is next to none the best in UFC.

Connor relies on multiple shots to finish his opponent usually counter striking against aggressive fighters with shorter reach. Unless Tony is extremely unlucky I don’t see him losing this fight I see him weathering Connors aggression for the first round maybe two and then Connor will Fade and Tony will probably submit him

KO power is always a factor. You don't need a one shot knockout to be effective. Once a fighter has been tagged they are reluctant to attack. They have to work around Conor's power which limits their options.

Maybe Tony weathers the storm and Conor fades. But to suggest his KO power isn't a factor is laughable. He knocked Diaz down three times in the second fight. Without those knockdowns its a completely different fight and likely Nate wins.

That was fucking amazing. He seriously looked like he could go 5 more when most fighters on that card were gassed at 2. Props to RDA as well. He did better than everyone else besides Tony.
Yeah it was amazing, there were flyweights on the card who were breathing very heavy in round 3 and feeling it. I also remember before when Henry Cejudo fought in Mexico he said he was damn near dying at the end of the fight and was very tired and he is 125 Ibs and tiny. Shows how amazing Tony's gas tank is, its the best in UFC in any classification of weight in my opinion.

Tony will knock him out like Nate was about to until he panic wrestled, so yeah probably sub.

Tony never gets KO even by head kicks from RDA and Barboza so little Conor aint gonna hurt him and even if conor does willl conor follow him to the ground? I think not.

Really Tony by whatever he wants. Which is why Conor will duck as long as he can. He is safer fighting Tyron and to lessor degree Nate. I think Nate was hurt last fight so conor caught a break.
Abel cracked him and dropped him. Kevin Conor hurt him. Don't write of McGregor's precision and power because its second to none in the 155 division. And his ground game might not be the best but it is good in top position where he needs to get tko's. Conor can win this, and so can Tony.

Conor soundly outstruck Max Holloway, who has improved greatly, but even at the time of their fight Max had better striking than Tony. Cucuy is just one of those awkward moving mind fuck fighters, like Rothwell

Huh?The same Max that got his ass kicked by Leonard fucking Garcia in the stand up just before that?Haha people need to stop bringing up old fights when people were a completely different fighter.

"even at the time of their fight Max had better striking than Tony"

I'm still laughing.

It's a guy with a laser guided left hand against a guy whose head is impossible to miss.

Ferguson is not a good striker and does not have the wrestling. He's relying on durability wearing Conor out.
Didn't work for Alvarez. Won't work for Ferguson.

Funny, it worked for Nate.

thanks again for your analysis,

good for you that you are doing boxing, maybe you should know that this is not boxing, it is mma and in mma on feet means you can use kicks,boxing elbow etc.
Conor is a master of timing of that left hand, he got only that one weapon which makes him one dimensional fighter, where Tony has all the tools to beat him on the feet. ( dont even need to talk about his advantages on the ground )

and,dont call orher guys an idiot when you can not reply with better arguments
no offence my friend but you clearly don't even know what Conor Is doing on the feet..so you aren't In the best position to have an opinion.

KO power is always a factor. You don't need a one shot knockout to be effective. Once a fighter has been tagged they are reluctant to attack. They have to work around Conor's power which limits their options.

Maybe Tony weathers the storm and Conor fades. But to suggest his KO power isn't a factor is laughable. He knocked Diaz down three times in the second fight. Without those knockdowns its a completely different fight and likely Nate wins.

Yeah, Tony is very good at weathering the storm. It could be a problem if hits start accumulating.

Wow, what a dumb fuck you are. You have no idea what that shit does to a professional athlete because you’re a data’s who’s never been off the couch. Conor’s boxing maybe got a tiny bit better but he got knocked the fuck out and suffered mild brain damage. If anything, that’ll level out the playing field. I can’t expect a dumb fuck like you to understand that though. But thanks for stopping by.

Sorry, but I don't ever remember conor being knocked out...not ever...I saw conor get extremely tired...but conor never went down...not once...brain damage? Give me a break...and conor specialized on boxing for at least 2-3 months...sparring some high quality sparring partners...you better believe that helped his boxing game...And I'm anything but some couch potato...I practically live in the gym...

Nate is a good striker and he has an iron chin.

Nate was getting punched in the face at will the first 8 minutes of both fights. His striking was irrelevant until Conor started fading.

Also funny how Nate can have an iron chin despite getting dropped in a bunch of fights and KO'd, but Tony can't.

no offence my friend but you clearly don't even know what Conor Is doing on the feet..so you aren't In the best position to have an opinion.

I know that Conor got a damn left with a masterfull timing,his kicks are one of the worse and no elbows.
I do also know that Tony is a much better mma fighter with lot of variations that Conor doesnt even know.

anway,enlighten me with your deep knowledge my friend

He'd need to make Conor work to outlast him. Like Nate did in the clinch and making him miss, try to take him down. Ferg's not a body shooter so that option is prolly out the window, also because his length makes it more difficult (he's not like Nate or Nick). If he can and survives the early goings, Conor will gas and it's over, unless there's a second wind.

Yep.

The way I see this fight playing out is Conor will come out really strong, probably floor El Cucuy with that left, maybe even a couple of times. He will hurt Tony and have him in some trouble early.

BUT - Just like with Nate, he's not going to follow him to the ground, and risk getting subbed.

Tony then recovers, and starts to wear McG out against the fence and with the grappling (snap-downs, threats of D'arces, etc).

By the end of round two, Conor is already gassing.

Round 3, he is taken down, GnPed on for a bit, then subbed.
Yup. Most likely outcome IMO.

Back