Mcgregor vs Ferguson: KO power not a factor

1 "one punch KO int he UFC". Mostly nobody has 1 punch KOs. You hurt them, then follow up with strikes on the ground. It's normal. He has over a 90% KO/TKO ratio. Stop arguing over words. With that said I don't think Conor KOs him. I think he's UD him with counters throughout the fight while sticking and moving
Agree about the power part. Who is really known as a one hitter quitter fighter under 205? There are some random outliers in 185 and 170 but it is not common.

Also I think post usada lighter weight fighters have lost some pop in their punches. I'm not trying to bash just saying the super human punchers are way fewer now.

Also name me 10 guys 155 and down who 1 punch guys...... It just doesn't happen without the weight behind it.

Everyone always makes a big deal about McGregors Power but the fact is he only has one one shot knock out and is UFC career.

It’s true Tony has a history of getting hurt in his fights but he usually recovers and his heart is next to none the best in UFC.

Connor relies on multiple shots to finish his opponent usually counter striking against aggressive fighters with shorter reach. Unless Tony is extremely unlucky I don’t see him losing this fight I see him weathering Connors aggression for the first round maybe two and then Connor will Fade and Tony will probably submit him

He has officialy 5 KOs and 1 of them is in his UFC career. But besides Aldo he also one-shotted Poirier. He was smashing uncoscious Dustin on the floor and it was a very late stoppage. Dustin was around Conor's size and still got one punch knocked out. No fighter should ever understimate his KO power. Even Floyd didn't throw anything in the first 3 rounds with the fear of getting countered hard by Conor. Alvarez has not been even TKOd before and he went unconscious after the first left.

I like Tony. If he thinks he can eat Conor's lefts for whole 2 rounds he will be very sorry. I hope he won't. He just needs to defend and try to take him down only when there's an oppening in the first 2 rounds. After that he can win the fight.

True about the decision. When the fight ended I just kept saying to my friends Nate won in my book. Nate won in my book. I knew Conor would edge him on the scorecards but I felt Nate did enough to earn the moral victory. It was really close. People act like Conor was a cardio machine in that fight. He gassed in the second lost the third and had a MIRACLE 4th round to pull out the win.

It was a close fight that was determined by a few moments in the 4th round. Even though Conor got the W, its not like he one every moment of the fight. I didnt know which way that decision was gonna go.

Yep.

The way I see this fight playing out is Conor will come out really strong, probably floor El Cucuy with that left, maybe even a couple of times. He will hurt Tony and have him in some trouble early.

BUT - Just like with Nate, he's not going to follow him to the ground, and risk getting subbed.

Tony then recovers, and starts to wear McG out against the fence and with the grappling (snap-downs, threats of D'arces, etc).

By the end of round two, Conor is already gassing.

Round 3, he is taken down, GnPed on for a bit, then subbed.
I was also feeling round 3, by choke. Tony is such a intense person and he never takes a back step and he comes at all different angles.. I just think Conor is gonna be absoutley exhausted rapidly.

When I saw Tony fight at extreme high altitude in Mexico against RDA and not even have sweat on him after round 5.. I was thinking he is not even human, guys cardio is the best in MMA.. I will go as far to say the best gas tank in UFC, bar none.

I was also feeling round 3, by choke. Tony is such a intense person and he never takes a back step and he comes at all different angles.. I just think Conor is gonna be absoutley exhausted rapidly.

When I saw Tony fight at extreme high altitude in Mexico against RDA and not even have sweat on him after round 5.. I was thinking he is not even human, guys cardio is the best in MMA.. I will go as far to say the best gas tank in UFC, bar none.
That was fucking amazing. He seriously looked like he could go 5 more when most fighters on that card were gassed at 2. Props to RDA as well. He did better than everyone else besides Tony.

Why does it matter whether it's an official knockout or tko? The end result is the same either way. A finish.

The vast, vast majority of knockouts do not actually make the fighter go completely unconscious.

Can somebody please post the gift of Melvin manhoef killing Mark hunt ? Actually that would make me very happy..
One shot KO power is always a fact

can someone link the "y'all really dont know who eddie alvarez is" thread?

that KO power got him most of his wins and 2 titles. saying its not a factor is just incredibly stupid....

not to mention 30 minutes of boxing the GOAT?

To be fair, his gas tank was already pretty much empty after 3/4 rounds. He was stumbling all over the place and at times couldn't even keep his hands up. Don't act like he was competitive or looked good for those entire 30 minutes. He was a corpse and looked uncomfortable before halfway through.

Some of you guys are so bad at analyzing fights It pains me..

lol

These are the same dudes that will say Tony was never that good on the feet If he loses. Bank on it
First of all thanks for letting us know how good you are at analyzing fights and fighters.

Let me tell you right now,Tony is better on the feet,got good kicks,elbow and weird combinations but he seems to be open to get hit most of the time(which did not affect the result of his fights so far)

Regarding losing of Tony against Conor ,dont worry will not happen.

But first,your hero needs to agree to fight,dont you think so ?

First of all thanks for letting us know how good you are at analyzing fights and fighters.

Let me tell you right now,Tony is better on the feet,got good kicks,elbow and weird combinations but he seems to be open to get hit most of the time(which did not affect the result of his fights so far)

Regarding losing of Tony against Conor ,dont worry will not happen.

But first,your hero needs to agree to fight,dont you think so ?
he is not my hero, you are just an Idiot.

Your analysis is terrible.

I've been boxing / striking for over a decade. You literally don't have a clue what you're talking about. Tony Is not better on the feet, he's not even In the same universe.

Conor Is better both In the boxing and kicking departments. A lot better.

Stop embarrassing yourself

he is not my hero, you are just an Idiot.

Your analysis is terrible.

I've been boxing / striking for over a decade. You literally don't have a clue what you're talking about. Tony Is not better on the feet, he's not even In the same universe.

Conor Is better both In the boxing and kicking departments. A lot better.

Stop embarrassing yourself
thanks again for your analysis,

good for you that you are doing boxing, maybe you should know that this is not boxing, it is mma and in mma on feet means you can use kicks,boxing elbow etc.
Conor is a master of timing of that left hand, he got only that one weapon which makes him one dimensional fighter, where Tony has all the tools to beat him on the feet. ( dont even need to talk about his advantages on the ground )

and,dont call orher guys an idiot when you can not reply with better arguments

Conor can't last 2 rounds? But he's already lasted 5 and 3, not to mention 30 minutes of boxing the GOAT? Come on man. I'm not saying he's this cardio machine or something. But don't be another Sherdog sheep that think Conor has literally zero cardio or something.
His cardio is the biggest hole in his game.

Fixed your shit post for you bud.... you’re very welcome. Have a pleasant day.

You're a total dip shit...haha.....if you don't think 100% focus on boxing for months, isn't going to help is boxing game in the ufc...you are seriously a complete moron...and going 10 rounds, in a completely different sport, does makes it all the more impressive...going out on occasion, when you aren't training for a fight is NOT going to hurt you one single bit...

Tony is actually a favorable matchup for Conor imo.

Tony's striking is not good enough to hang with Conor, and he is not a takedown machine by any means. If Conor can refrain from gassing and keep distance he can win the fight.

Khabib is a whole other monster though, if Conor should fight him, he has one shot to KO him, because he will gas after 1 round of getting pounded by that guy.

Tony vs Khabib is interesting though, as Tony's takedown defence is good and he has good subs.

Styles make fights.

It's a guy with a laser guided left hand against a guy whose head is impossible to miss.

Ferguson is not a good striker and does not have the wrestling. He's relying on durability wearing Conor out.
Didn't work for Alvarez. Won't work for Ferguson.

That said I think a prime Bendo or an Askren gives Conor kittens.

Back