McGregor Implies Boxers Get Dismantled in a Real Fight

So then why doesn't he stick to MMA then? Oh that's right because he's ducking all the contenders
How do people get as delusional as you? He knocked out the p4p#1 in 13 seconds, and went into that fight completely fearless.

What's more logical to you douchebag?

A) Conor wants as much money as he can get
or
B) A professional fighter that is a multi weight world champ that demolishes champions with ease, is SCARED of another guy in his weight class?

You REALLY honestly think he's fucking scared????

What constitutes so called "real fight"? Because if he means a street fight, well he would lose to Floyd, as to get off a kick, he would have to be at a distance, which generally isn't happening in a street fight. He would have to grab Floyd and bring him down, which means he would have to avoid getting hit by Floyd, in which we all know Conor has very little skill set in defensive boxing and head movement.. Poirier, Siver, Mendes, Alvarez and Diaz.. all caught him with clean punches as he tried to close distance. Then those who have no clue about Floyd, thinks he doesn't have a skill set beside boxing, yet prior to this fight being talked about, Floyd has been open about training wrestling as a kid and again at his gym with his mma fight team, which includes Kevin Lee. He also has done open standup sparring with many of the mma athletes who live and train in vegas.. which allows the opponent Floyd is sparring with, the use of kicks and clinch work. Which he says helps him in the ring as he does fight bigger opponents who can be stronger then him and because he knows everyone's plan is get in close on him and get him in the clinch, so they can unload power shots in range. Yet, it hasn't worked yet..

So then why doesn't he stick to MMA then? Oh that's right because he's ducking all the contenders
Yeah, thats why...

189.gif

I laugh at bullshit like this. Like "real fights" can be understood and generalized in one single statement like this. If Conor McGregor thinks that being an amazing boxer, coupled with a tough motherfucker, isn't enough to win yourself a street fight, then he is even dumber than i previously thought.

Let me put it this way. Back when Mike Tyson was in his prime. I would be extremely curious to see a guy with a karate, BJJ, taekwondo, Muay thai, any other discipline, i don't care if the guy has 5 different black belts in different disciplines. If they meet in a bar, in close quarters, Tyson is knocking him the fuck out....with his BOXING!

Do you think hes wrong wtf? Mighty Mouse is capable of ending Mayweathers life in a matter of seconds
Do you honestly think any person that trains MMA, or any combination of disciplines, beats a boxer in a street fight 100% of the time?

Have you ever been in a street fight? They start on the feet, and generally begin with punches being thrown. punches with no gloves on. in a non-controlled environment. Anything can happen. And the advantage goes to the guy with the confidence, aggression and faster hands the majority of the time.

In a "real fight" against an opponent who has trained BJJ or wrestling? Yeah, they're gonna get worked. A fighter in a boxing stance is practically begging to be taken down.

That said, a non-boxer will never beat a boxer in a boxing match.
Laughable. I like mma, i routinely stomp boxers with my hands. There are levels. Not every boxer is just unbeatable with hands. How many world champs do you need to see get subbed before you guys calm down on this

Can this MMA fighters stop it with the "real fight" thing? They dont fight in a real fight either, its a sport, there is a ref ready to save their brains if they go down....It isnt a real fight, its closer? Maybe, there are more moves allowed than in boxing, but still not a real fight.

The dumbest shit you can do in a real fight is to voluntarily go down to the ground. Your head is going to get stomped at till your skull shows.

If you ever get into a fight, stay off the fucking ground at all costs... even if it means running. Your ego will heal much faster than your broken face.

If you're talking sparring-in-gym kind of 'real fight' I can see your point, but in a real 'real fight'... heed my warning.

What this guy says! Particularly in these days where people won't let others fight one on one. You go to the ground, you are likely to take a kicking from more than one individual. Stay on your feet and throw punches - otherwise known as boxing - is your best option. All day. Every day.

I'd rather face Conor McGregor in a real fight than Mike Tyson

There's no weight classes in a real fight

Young Tyson would kill Conor is a real fight in a couple of seconds, I guess every skinny manlet get dismantled in a real fight

Used to box, I haven't lost a real fight but haven't had a real fight against someone I can verify or even assume trained MMA.
Boxing is a good form of self defense but yeah MMA is better. Anyways, stop chasing that Mayweather money, come home Conor You already tied up one title long enough, it's time for a defense.

He's right, but I would add, light weight MMA fighters don't have enough size to keep them alive either.

If we're talking free fighting that is ;)

How do people get as delusional as you? He knocked out the p4p#1 in 13 seconds, and went into that fight completely fearless.

What's more logical to you douchebag?

A) Conor wants as much money as he can get
or
B) A professional fighter that is a multi weight world champ that demolishes champions with ease, is SCARED of another guy in his weight class?

You REALLY honestly think he's fucking scared????

Lol someone's upset

You really think he isn't ducking title defenses? All he wants are fights where he has nothing to lose. 3 fights since becoming FW champ, zero defenses

It's fine if he wants to go make more money in boxing, I'd do the same, but if he decides to pursue another sport then he should be stripped of the LW strap

Id rather be a boxer in a street fight against untrained people (which is 99% of the time) instead of being a BJJ guy or MMA guy or any other guy

Do you honestly think any person that trains MMA, or any combination of disciplines, beats a boxer in a street fight 100% of the time?

Have you ever been in a street fight? They start on the feet, and generally begin with punches being thrown. punches with no gloves on. in a non-controlled environment. Anything can happen. And the advantage goes to the guy with the confidence, aggression and faster hands the majority of the time.
We're talking about professional MMA/Boxing fighters

I disagree MMA fighters are all stoners and out of shape in the off-season. Boxers are way better conditioned and have better technique at what they do. In my opinion, in a street fighter it's a striker that will win everytime.

The Conor hate is so strong that people are defending boxing over MMA here now lol.

Back