McFans are delusional that he can KO any LWs without good TDD and clinch game

Mendes is no joke. He took down Aldo. Not even Frankie could take down Aldo in the second fight. And Frankie who was the LW champion and took down many lightweights in the past. So that is proof size isn't everything.

Here is a natural FW taking down LW

EdgarslamsMaynard.gif
Both were LWs and now both are FW's ,....and Frankie cuts weight to get to FW but not much. at one point Frankie was cutting from 160 but he got his weight at a steady 155.

If you dont think Eddie,Brooks and even Donald Cerrone cant get Conor on the mat more often then not then you are fooling yourself...let alone Khabib. and lets not pretend like he cant be knocked out either. He will do well at LW but it wont be a legendary run

Beating a 5'4" guy who could easily fight at BW when you have to cut down from 177+ to make WW isn't some incredibly feat. What is Connie going to do against someone his own size. Oh don't forget Mendes took the fight on 3 weeks notice and gassed out in round 1.

Both were LWs and now both are FW's ,....and Frankie cuts weight to get to FW but not much. at one point Frankie was cutting from 160 but he got his weight at a steady 155.
Dude Maynard was massive at the time. He was reportedly close to 200lbs when not fighting. Frankie was never that big. Most featherweights are bigger than Frankie

Beating a 5'4" guy who could easily fight at BW when you have to cut down from 177+ to make WW isn't some incredibly feat. What is Connie going to do against someone his own size. Oh don't forget Mendes took the fight on 3 weeks notice and gassed out in round 1.
The point is he has takedown defence. It's not like you just have to touch him and he falls. I know these wrestlers will give him some problems. But people acting like he's got no chance. When clearly he does.

The point is he has takedown defence. It's not like you just have to touch him and he falls. I know these wrestlers will give him some problems. But people acting like he's got no chance. When clearly he does.

He does have chance, but it's close to zero

Conor seems to lose a lot of virtual fights on Sherdog, only seems to actually win when he steps into the cage.

Conor seems to lose a lot of virtual fights on Sherdog, only seems to actually win when he steps into the cage.
All I see is his fanboys claim he could KO LW top fighters easily when he has zero win at LW in the UFC

All I see is his fanboys claim he could KO LW top fighters easily when he has zero win at LW in the UFC

When you can outclass nate diaz on the feet and knock his ass down 3 times, with height and reach disadvantage. Plus the 10+ weight difference..

At the very least you can bet Conor can put quite a few guys out at LW.

When you can outclass nate diaz on the feet and knock his ass down 3 times, with height and reach disadvantage. Plus the 10+ weight difference..

At the very least you can bet Conor can put quite a few guys out at LW.
We were talking about the virtual wins his fanboys create.

I wouldn't say outclassed, you have to look at the fight overall. Yes he got dropped in round one, as many other have done to Nate. Yes he got dropped twice in round two, but he never looked like he was going to be finished while in that same round Conor looked like he was a punch away from panick wrestling again. Then spent the rest of the fight not doing much.

I wouldn't say outclassed, you have to look at the fight overall. Yes he got dropped in round one, as many other have done to Nate. Yes he got dropped twice in round two, but he never looked like he was going to be finished while in that same round Conor looked like he was a punch away from panick wrestling again. Then spent the rest of the fight not doing much.

Whenever it went to straight standup Conor was catching him clean all day. Including the fourth round. No one has outboxed or dropped a Diaz bro like that. Excluding Thompson's kick.

There's zero proof Conor was "close" to being finished. Nate did the stanky leg and was the only wrestler in this fight.

The chance of KOing someone is pretty low if you got taken down or beaten up in the clinch. Diaz is one of the worst wrestler at LW, see what he did to Conor. It's 2016, don't say a one dimensional fighter has good chances of catching complete fighters. Only annoying casual fans would say it
i did see what he did to conor i believe he tried to panic wrestle and missed on all 7 takedowns. so conor defense given he isnt gassed is not that bad.

did you have that mask on during the fight because pretty sure you missed a good one ?

they should start fights in the clinch, or on the ground, so conor doesn't have an advantage

Whenever it went to straight standup Conor was catching him clean all day. Including the fourth round. No one has outboxed or dropped a Diaz bro like that. Excluding Thompson's kick.

There's zero proof Conor was "close" to being finished. Nate did the stanky leg and was the only wrestler in this fight.
Conor is a great striker and yes he was catching Nate. But lol at no one dropping a Diaz bro like that... Have you ever heard of Melvin guillard, and specifically gomi or Paul Daley looked like they knocked Nick dead . where as Nate was just put on his ass and looked don't even close to losing consciousness. And zero proof Conor was close to being finished? How about the round and a half where Conor looked exactly like when he was stopped by Nate previously lol

Nate doesn't fight that way though...the wrestlers in the division are not going to stand and trade with him.they will game plan..they will take him down and wear him down
You realize Conor will be allowed to fight back right? Conor's striking is levels above everyone ant 145 and 155, that's why he's had so much success. With every new matchup people seem to forget Conor's striking ability. Eddie won't be able to get Conor down and he'll be KOd with the first 2 rounds.

Back