McFans are delusional that he can KO any LWs without good TDD and clinch game

The king is back and thats all matters you salty little salt monster from planet saltron.
200.gif

That's basically one of the main things we do on here is speculate on future fights...If you can't see that Conor is going to have a tough time at LW, well then you're probably some fanboy that thinks he's a god or some shit.

There's nothing wrong with speculating about future fights. Unfortunately that's not what the majority of you guys do. You forge an opinion and then try to force it down other people's throats.

There's nothing wrong with speculating about future fights. Unfortunately that's not what the majority of you guys do. You forge an opinion and then try to force it down other people's throats.

That's not me though..you got the wrong guy then..

I think he could KO a lot of top LW's. It's the actual WW's that people are saying he'd KO is what I think is ridiculous.

I think he had a decent chance against Lawler at 200, Lawler was prime for the picking I knew his time was up and Woody would beat him, reckon Conor could have got it done too. Its a shame that RDA's cowardice robbed him of his chance of being a 3 weight champ.

I can't think of any mini me's at LW
Mendes is no joke. He took down Aldo. Not even Frankie could take down Aldo in the second fight. And Frankie who was the LW champion and took down many lightweights in the past. So that is proof size isn't everything.

Here is a natural FW taking down LW

EdgarslamsMaynard.gif

That's a lot of parameters you added in there that don't make sense since he has good well rounded skills that are only getting better.

I feel those shots Nate took will take out the majority of the LW roster.

Be real..I even said he could beat a couple..you know that most of the division will out grapple, wrestle him, wear him down and then choke him out...the blueprint is there...Nobody is in awe of him except you fanboys and girls.
That blueprint didn't work for anyone. He gassed and got beat on the feet in his loss to Nate.

That blueprint didn't work for anyone. He gassed and got beat on the feet in his loss to Nate.

Nate doesn't fight that way though...the wrestlers in the division are not going to stand and trade with him.they will game plan..they will take him down and wear him down

Please Conor nuthuggers and Conor haters please stop making these threads

Nate doesn't fight that way though...the wrestlers in the division are not going to stand and trade with him.they will game plan..they will take him down and wear him down
But again that may work, but hasn't yet.

It's amazing how little respect some people want to give Conor.

Conor would do just fine at LW and is a tough fight for all LW's. He has very good take down defense and works well in the clinch. Cardio is what he needs to keep working on.

But again that may work, but hasn't yet.

Well, if Conor gets his way..we will see for sure soon enough in NY....Eddie already said many times that he will take Conor down and beat him on the ground.

It's amazing how little respect some people want to give Conor.

Conor would do just fine at LW and is a tough fight for all LW's. He has very good take down defense and works well in the clinch. Cardio is what he needs to keep working on.

That's the thing though, the cardio is the weakness..a good grappler/wrestler can wear him down and zap his energy..Then his TDD will be really weak..then that's when he gets completely owned.

The chance of KOing someone is pretty low if you got taken down or beaten up in the clinch. Diaz is one of the worst wrestler at LW, see what he did to Conor. It's 2016, don't say a one dimensional fighter has good chances of catching complete fighters. Only annoying casual fans would say it
i dont get why everyone that thinks conor can be sucessfull is automatically a "mcfan" but i agree. i think he needs to develop some crazy tdd to beat the best at lw.

Why don't you wait until it actually happens? Instead of throwing your opinions around as if they are facts and calling everyone who disagrees with you fanboys and Nuthuggers.

Fyi, I'm not a even a huge Conor fan. I've only got a Conor av because I lost an av bet on the fight.

I was going to respond to that post in the exact same manner.

Mendes, on a TWO WEEK fight notice.
Lets not forget that.
You also didnt know the successful TDs by Chad and conor begging the ref to stand them up.

LOL
Yes that is why I say some guys like Khabib can beat him. But the TS made it sound like Conor's TDD is non-existent which is clearly not the case. Conor can defend takedowns. And against a guy like Alvarez who is not known as the best wrestler he can certainly do well to defend and KO him.

The chance of KOing someone is pretty low if you got taken down or beaten up in the clinch. Diaz is one of the worst wrestler at LW, see what he did to Conor. It's 2016, don't say a one dimensional fighter has good chances of catching complete fighters. Only annoying casual fans would say it
The irony of you writing this, while your avatar is a GIF of Igor Vovchanchyn, known for having awful takedown defense but amazing power, severely rocking Mark Kerr, known for having incredible takedowns and wrestling, is just hilarious.

In order to get the takedown, they have to get into Conor's range, and it's no secret he can shut the lights out on anyone with one punch. Nate was able to close the distance and initiate a clinch because of his chin and boxing. Of the top 10 Lightweights, only Khabib and Dos Anjos are known for their pressure wrestling game, but we've seen Dos Anjos being susceptible to the KO not even just recently, but in the past as well.

Alvarez is the only other good wrestler in the entire top 10, and he's notorious for not knowing what to do on top and really only uses it defensively or to lay 'n pray when he needs; he's also known for very poor striking defense and gets dropped regularly.

If I absolutely had to stretch it, Tony Ferguson is the only other one with somewhat decent wrestling credentials, but you should also consider that his wrestling skills are mostly defensive, andNate and Conor himself both have a higher Takedown per fight average than Tony. Most of Tony's takedowns come from caught kicks or him physically dragging people down on top of him who are willing to engage him there; he's also known for having very poor striking defense, and I don't just mean because Vannata rocked him, but just from seeing his other fights where he charges in chin first.

Conor's obviously not invincible, but this mythical idea of monstrous wrestlers being around to manhandle Conor just doesn't exist anymore. This isn't 2001, where guys with high school level wrestling could just take down anybody at will. Conor matches up extremely well against most of the lightweight division barring Khabib, no matter what you want to make of his Welterweight fights against Diaz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back