MAYWEATHER RIZIN BOUT PROPOSAL LEAKED; REVEALS DETAILS THAT CAUSED CANCELLATION

Tenshin can do an interview in the ring even and say Floyd's scared of him and the crowd roars w approval.
I wanna believe this will happen, but the kid is too damn polite. He will probably crush some other young fighter and say, "Floyd, I am disappointed that I didn't fight you. I hope you watched my fight."

I wanna believe this will happen, but the kid is too damn polite. He will probably crush some other young fighter and say, "Floyd, I am disappointed that I didn't fight you. I hope you watched my fight."
Japanese are the masters of subtlety. He could literally say that a certain way and the crowd will be "ooohhhhh!"

Not buying it.
While it makes some sense, who are the guys who made the video? Some nobodies? There isn't anything official in the video. It's just some guys telling us stuff on YouTube.

Will wait for a legit media source to report something before I buy anything. Again, what they said makes sense, but in the end they're just some random dudes and not anyone who probably have real inside knowledge.

The guys who made the video have been close to Mayweather and his team for ages now. Floyd has given them a bunch of exclusive stuff for years now, whether it be lengthy interviews, mansion tours, etc., etc. They also claimed that "FightHype.com recently obtained a copy of the proposal that was sent to Floyd Mayweather regarding a December 31 bout with Tenshin Nasukawa at Rizin 14.", which they may have indeed obtained since they would have their connections with the Mayweather team. But that site/channel is also extremely pro-Mayweather with their content, so there's also a very real chance that this is another situation where they're trying to present Floyd in the best light possible and not divulging anything in the documents (if they indeed obtained them) that would make him look bad in this situation. They have a long history of being a apologist, promoter, and protector of Floyd's, and as such, you're right to say that they are not a legit and objective media source regarding this situation.

I didn't care when this fight was announced, and I don't care now that its fallen apart!

Also, why is the "leak" in a video? I hate when people make a video I have to watch just to read text!

Why do you have to CAPS LOCK every title?

The guys who made the video have been close to Mayweather and his team for ages now. Floyd has given them a bunch of exclusive stuff for years now, whether it be lengthy interviews, mansion tours, etc., etc. They also claimed that "FightHype.com recently obtained a copy of the proposal that was sent to Floyd Mayweather regarding a December 31 bout with Tenshin Nasukawa at Rizin 14.", which they may have indeed obtained since they would have their connections with the Mayweather team. But that site/channel is also extremely pro-Mayweather with their content, so there's also a very real chance that this is another situation where they're trying to present Floyd in the best light possible and not divulging anything in the documents (if they indeed obtained them) that would make him look bad in this situation. They have a long history of being a apologist, promoter, and protector of Floyd's, and as such, you're right to say that they are not a legit and objective media source regarding this situation.
I see. Again, it makes sense. It isn't something I'd put past RIZIN. But it also contradicts what Floyd already said about it himself. And the thought that he'd be posting pics of himself wearing RIZIN gloves for a fight that was to take place in front of a small group of investors makes no sense at all. "Hey, guys, I'm gonna fight in RIZIN on NYE and nobody is gonna see it!" Silly.

We are probably never going to know what really happened here. Best guesses are that this was a classic Japanese publicity stunt, or that there really was a fight on the table and RIZIN wouldn't agree to a straight boxing match. Maybe something like alternating round of boxing and kickboxing or mma, something DREAM did in the past. If Floyd had agreed to anything other than just hands, he'd have probably been KTFO and Tenshin becomes the biggest combat sports star in the world over night. Seems like that makes a lot of sense.

If this is legit, then it implies that Mayweather lied AGAIN, because his explanation on instagram is somewhat different. Point being, Mayweather's instagram explanation has been looked at, analyzed and judged as being scammy. He said he wanted a demo for a small group of people - bullshit - his prior twitter/instagram posts say as much - he knew this was a public event. He said he never agreed to fight the Japanese youngster - bullshit - he even took face to face pics with him suggesting a bout.

Like other analysts have said, Mayweather really hurt his brand here. If he were to fight in Japan, it would hurt his brand less than this fiasco. Mayweather's word now amounts to shit, because he was caught in a lie - because his explanation was proven to be a lie through and through. And this lie will cost him a lot in the long run, since his word is now worth shit.

If this is legit, then it implies that Mayweather lied AGAIN, because his explanation on instagram is somewhat different. Point being, Mayweather's instagram explanation has been looked at, analyzed and judged as being scammy. He said he wanted a demo for a small group of people - bullshit - his prior twitter/instagram posts say as much - he knew this was a public event. He said he never agreed to fight the Japanese youngster - bullshit - he even took face to face pics with him suggesting a bout.

Like other analysts have said, Mayweather really hurt his brand here. If he were to fight in Japan, it would hurt his brand less than this fiasco. Mayweather's word now amounts to shit, because he was caught in a lie - because his explanation was proven to be a lie through and through. And this lie will cost him a lot in the long run, since his word is now worth shit.
It isn't gonna damage him at all. Money talks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back