Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
I've been watching the sport of boxing on a regular basis for over a decade and I've went back and studied boxings history. Nice try to invalidate my points without actually refuting any of them. Typical illiterate Floyd fan tactic.

Conor is not more accurate or efficient at punching than any boxer Floyd has fought. That's a fact.

Know a guy from work who bet half his check on McGregor... Told him how futile it was, how bad he looked against Van Heerden, and he nearly fainted.

At least he knows before hand. Now he'll have to bet more than double that to cover his ass with a Floyd win.

Conor is not more accurate or efficient at punching than any boxer Floyd has fought. That's a fact.

What you just stated is in fact an opinion. Typical Floyd fan, does not even have a grasp on basic grammar. Stay in school, kid.

Hey it's you from work, bro I'm going to make 8 to 1 on my check after McGregor pulls this off. I've been studying both fighters games since the other day and I'm certain Conor has this.
I was joking around with that guy to rub it in his face, Conor looked great vs Van Heerden too. My sentiments on this fight are very serious though.
Conor leaves his guard from his right side, down very low every time he throws the left. Floyd is going to check hook him all night. There are many other things Floyd will exploit, but the way Conor throws his left will get him countered by Floyd.

lmao the flomos getting their panties in a bunch

now all we need is some golovkin GOAT hyperbole and will see some real flomo anger

Conor leaves his guard from his right side, down very low every time he throws the left. Floyd is going to check hook him all night. There are many other things Floyd will exploit, but the way Conor throws his left will get him countered by Floyd.

The dropping of he lead hand is typical of tae kwon do and karate practitioners, it's not even a technical flaw it's downright necessary in most cases due to the mechanical workings of kicks. Conor is lead leg dominant with his kicks and has spent a lot of time training Tae Kwon Do and Karate variants, so it would make sense. Your analysis of his "MMA Boxing" is flawed because you don't know shit about striking and only look at things from a boxing perspective.

Conor will be prepared come fight night, he's working out the adjustments as we speak. Conor's a whole other kettle of fish, Floyd's just a boxer. You'll see.

What you just stated is in fact an opinion. Typical Floyd fan, does not even have a grasp on basic grammar. Stay in school, kid.

I'm an attorney so you can stop feigning intellectual superiority.

Efficiency is an observable and objective measurement, we can observe Conor is not as efficient at punching as boxers who have practiced the mechanics since they were children. It's a fact.

Nice try troll. Conor is the most efficient striker I've ever seen, he never windmills punches and his techniques are never telegraphed except when he's exhausted from true fighting, something you or Floyd wouldn't understand. He will beat Floyd like he does everyone, he will draw him into an exchange, slide just out of range and counter before Floyd can react. If Floyd wants to get inside close he will get maimed, MMA fighters are superior in the clinch and superior physical athletes on top of Conor being the bigger, younger man already. Conor can exchange in the pocket, he throws bolo punches like Kid Gavilan and can seamlessly shift out of range or pivot on a dime to strike your blind spot.

Conor has a lot of ways to win, obviously. He's never boxed professionally before and hasn't done amateur boxing in 14 or so years, he chose the harder route, true fighting instead. There were always men who could kill Mike Tyson with their bear hands, boxers have never been the baddest men on the planet. Im excited to see what Conor has learned and honed for boxing from his 9 month long training camp, he's prepared with some of the best boxing has to offer Paulie, Hyland, Olympians, Floyd emulators you name it and his coaches Owen Roddy is a striking genius like boxing has never seen, they're coming at Floyd from outside the box, they can prepare for Floyd, Floyd can't prepare for the Irish X-Factor.
Are you for real??he isn't a genius, his stand up is terrible and given he can't throw knees he's up shit creek. Can you not see that?

I'm an attorney so you can stop feigning intellectual superiority.

Efficiency is an observable and objective measurement, we can observe Conor is not as efficient at punching as boxers who have practiced the mechanics since they were children. It's a fact.

By definition it's an opinion. I could care less if you say you're a lawyer or even if you are one, it's arbitrary to the topic at hand.

Are you for real??he isn't a genius, his stand up is terrible and given he can't throw knees he's up shit creek. Can you not see that?

His stand up is terrible? He'd beat any 147-154lb boxer in the world in a stand up fight. You're really showing your delusional boxing troll colors.

After the fight in August, and barring a NC or other exceptional circumstance, people will bump this and one side will be incredibly embarrassed. If someone really is certain on McGregor beating Mayweather then they ought to bet a lot a of money on it.

His stand up is terrible? He'd beat any 147-154lb boxer in the world in a stand up fight. You're really showing your delusional boxing troll colors.
He would beat any welterweight or junior middleweight? Are you high or simply don't understand combat sports? This post is mentally unbuttoned.

He would beat any welterweight or junior middleweight? Are you high or simply don't understand combat sports? This post is mentally unbuttoned.

You think in a full contact striking match with allowed clinches boxers would actually stand a chance vs McGregor? You sir are unbuttoned. You boxing idiots think your boys are Shaolin Monks and Tai Chi masters haha. What delusion.

Every analyst with a brain has conceded Floyd would have no chance if Conor could simply kick. What a scrub, you Know nothing about combat sports and your avatar is of a duck.

This question was already answered back in the early/mid 70's at an event in Houston when some pro boxers like Mike Quarry, Termite Watkins, and some others beat the shit out of a bunch of karate & TKD masters and grand masters. The boxers ran the table and with ease.

You think in a full contact striking match with allowed clinches boxers would actually stand a chance vs McGregor? You sir are unbuttoned. You boxing idiots think your boys are Shaolin Monks and Tai Chi masters haha. What delusion.
Try and learn and shut the fuck up. It'll improve your knowledge.

Conor would whoop Mayweather, Charlo or Keith Thurman in a kickboxing bout. Wake up boxing fanboy and smell the roses.
He isn't fighting at kickboxing you idiot. He is boxing. If you think Floyd loses a straight up boxing match to Conor then I feel sorry for you. Don't say that any welterweight or jmw is losing to this clown. Thanks and goodnight.

He isn't fighting at kickboxing you idiot. He is boxing. If you think Floyd loses a straight up boxing match to Conor then I feel sorry for you. Don't say that any welterweight or jmw is losing to this clown. Thanks and goodnight.

In kickboxing, they'd all most likely lose. You're the one who said his "striking is terrible" and questioned my combat sport knowledge hahaha.

YDKSAB!

Back