Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
So many people are acting like this fight is a complete joke and taking offense to it even happening. Aren't you guys at least happy to see Mayweather compete one last time? McGregor's the only man who could have brought him out of retirement, so it's either this or nothing at all. I don't care how slim Conor's chances are, I'm still happy to see this fight. I'm not expecting much, but the whole circus aspect of it is actually quite enjoyable and fascinating. Lots of people are acting like the press conferences were a total disaster. I quite enjoyed them to be honest. Floyd's always been a loudmouth, as has Conor. So getting them together was bound to be entertaining.

<mma4>

Floyd fought as high as 154, against much better fighters than McGregor. Cotto and De La Hoya were both fought at 154.
What did he fight Canelo at? I remember shenanigans, was it 152 or 145?

You're all going to be shocked, you'll see. Conor McGregor is the Muhammad Ali of Boxing.

Are you drunk or high? Fuck off with that bullshit, Conor is going to get his shit pushed in.

He's going to slide back and counter Floyd all night. His reach is too long, he's too slick, handsome, young and athletic. Floyd's never fought someone with the angles, timing and technique of Conor. The little peanut headed boxer is going to get clattered, he won't know what hit him.

He's going to slide back and counter Floyd all night. His reach is too long, he's too slick, handsome, young and athletic. Floyd's never fought someone with the angles, timing and technique of Conor. The little peanut headed boxer is going to get clattered, he won't know what hit him.
Are you serious? One of the best boxers of all time is going to get clocked by some joker who swings punches like a drunk octopus,

Are you serious? One of the best boxers of all time is going to get clocked by some joker who swings punches like a drunk octopus,

One of the best boxers of all time? Floyd's no Lomachenko. Floyd won't be able to hurt Conor, he won't be able to play the safety first game so easily with a South Paw that has a reach advantage, Floyd avoided longer and taller fighters his entire career, his style doesn't matchup well vs such physical attributes. Once he became the A-side he avoided taller and longer men like a coward, last guy with a longer reach than Floyd who Floyd fought was Oscar, coincidence? I think not.

The chickens have come home to roost, he should have stayed retired. Conor is a fighting genius, he's taller, he's longer, he's a South Paw, he has approaches to fighting Floyd's never seen before. When Conor's power touches Floyd's 40 year old chin he will be detached from his consciousness swiftly. 49-1, the milk dud will crumble.

One of the best boxers of all time? Floyd's no Lomachenko. Floyd won't be able to hurt Conor, he won't be able to play the safety first game so easily with a South Paw that has a reach advantage, Floyd avoided longer and taller fighters his entire career, his style doesn't matchup well vs such physical attributes. Once he became the A-side he avoided taller and longer men like a coward, last guy with a longer reach than Floyd who Floyd fought was Oscar, coincidence? I think not.

The chickens have come home to roost, he should have stayed retired. Conor is a fighting genius, he's taller, he's longer, he's a South Paw, he has approaches to fighting Floyd's never seen before. When Conor's power touches Floyd's 40 year old chin he will be detached from his consciousness swiftly. 49-1, the milk dud will crumble.
If you actually believe that and aren't trolling heaven help you. Floyd is an atg and he will kick Conor's ass. How do you see Conor winning? Via windmilling haymakers?

If you actually believe that and aren't trolling heaven help you. Floyd is an atg and he will kick Conor's ass. How do you see Conor winning? Via windmilling haymakers?

Nice try troll. Conor is the most efficient striker I've ever seen, he never windmills punches and his techniques are never telegraphed except when he's exhausted from true fighting, something you or Floyd wouldn't understand. He will beat Floyd like he does everyone, he will draw him into an exchange, slide just out of range and counter before Floyd can react. If Floyd wants to get inside close he will get maimed, MMA fighters are superior in the clinch and superior physical athletes on top of Conor being the bigger, younger man already. Conor can exchange in the pocket, he throws bolo punches like Kid Gavilan and can seamlessly shift out of range or pivot on a dime to strike your blind spot.

Conor has a lot of ways to win, obviously. He's never boxed professionally before and hasn't done amateur boxing in 14 or so years, he chose the harder route, true fighting instead. There were always men who could kill Mike Tyson with their bear hands, boxers have never been the baddest men on the planet. Im excited to see what Conor has learned and honed for boxing from his 9 month long training camp, he's prepared with some of the best boxing has to offer Paulie, Hyland, Olympians, Floyd emulators you name it and his coaches Owen Roddy is a striking genius like boxing has never seen, they're coming at Floyd from outside the box, they can prepare for Floyd, Floyd can't prepare for the Irish X-Factor.

Know a guy from work who bet half his check on McGregor... Told him how futile it was, how bad he looked against Van Heerden, and he nearly fainted.

Hey it's you from work, bro I'm going to make 8 to 1 on my check after McGregor pulls this off. I've been studying both fighters games since the other day and I'm certain Conor has this.

Try watching boxing sometime then. lmao

I've been watching the sport of boxing on a regular basis for over a decade and I've went back and studied boxings history. Nice try to invalidate my points without actually refuting any of them. Typical illiterate Floyd fan tactic.

Hey it's you from work, bro I'm going to make 8 to 1 on my check after McGregor pulls this off. I've been studying both fighters games since the other day and I'm certain Conor has this.

Make it just a little bit less obvious next time and you could really get these guys going.

Make it just a little bit less obvious next time and you could really get these guys going.

I was joking around with that guy to rub it in his face, Conor looked great vs Van Heerden too. My sentiments on this fight are very serious though.

Back