Mayweather/McGregor Discussion

Who wins?

• Total voters
All that would be funny.

Some think floyd might coast a lil to let conor have a show. Ive never seen him do anything like that but that would be dangerous
He actually could let Conor have some licks and not get hurt from anything. Just cover up, let him whack away before deciding ttoi walk him down. I just hope he takes the fight serious and takes him out when he has the chance. please dont carry Conor for 12 rounds.

Bloodyelbow touched on the concern of Connor doing something crazy. https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/...strated-and-do-something-crazy-mma-ufc-boxing

What are the boxing rules about faking a leg kick or takedown? Can boxers fake obviously illegal moves?

My question is because the only way I see Connor winning is the following:

Connor throws Floyd down while in the clinch a few times to get him to do something stupid like putting his hands down to land the left hook; or

Connor feints a leg kick/takedown to get Floyd to drop his hands and lands the lead left.

My boxing knowledge is limited.

WTF did I just read

But the best part is the second video posted with all the youtube comments. Its actually just a shorter segment from the first video, but I just get CRUSHED in the comments. People hate me. LOL. Only a couple people actually realize I am just having fun with it. All I am doing is regurgitating what people who think Conor will win say. If you don't watch the video, at least read the comments on the second video

This is some funny shit.

"You're talking about a guy..."

"who's now 40."

He actually could let Conor have some licks and not get hurt from anything. Just cover up, let him whack away before deciding ttoi walk him down. I just hope he takes the fight serious and takes him out when he has the chance. please dont carry Conor for 12 rounds.

I think he will KO conor but his last couple fights he did play it more safe

A lot of people seem to be making fun of Conor for this but I see boxers like Rigondeaux and Lomachenko doing similar type of training
What was funny about that is how his coach was throwing them sloppily. Part of fighting is knowing when not to throw a punch. You want to land with leverage and not open your guard up for a counter.

Bloodyelbow touched on the concern of Connor doing something crazy. https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/6/...strated-and-do-something-crazy-mma-ufc-boxing

What are the boxing rules about faking a leg kick or takedown? Can boxers fake obviously illegal moves?

My question is because the only way I see Connor winning is the following:

Connor throws Floyd down while in the clinch a few times to get him to do something stupid like putting his hands down to land the left hook; or

Connor feints a leg kick/takedown to get Floyd to drop his hands and lands the lead left.

My boxing knowledge is limited.
Illegal feints should be okay. As soon as he scores a takedown he should be disqualified.

I posted this in the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather forum but I thought it might also be worthwhile to post it here.

In case anyone is interested in understanding the technical skill set of Mayweather this video might be worth watching. This will also help people understand the obstacles that McGregor must overcome and potentially open up some interesting discussions on how McGregor will adapt to Mayweather's technical skill and areas that McGregor may be able to exploit given his skill set.

Also given the fact that McGregor is a southpaw here are some tactics that he could possibly use.

McGregor may benefit from emulating Rigondeaux, Lomachenko, Pacquaio and Roy Jones Jr

McGregor may benefit from emulating Rigondeaux, Lomachenko, Pacquaio and Roy Jones Jr

That's the ticket McGregor, just pretend you're a guy who lost to Floyd and you've got this.

All he's got to do is channel the boxing ability of four great boxers into one, all of whom are way better than him. He might benefit from doing that. Good plan.

All he's got to do is channel the boxing ability of four great boxers into one, all of whom are way better than him. He might benefit from doing that. Good plan.

The blueprint exposed. "Just be really good."

If Conor who is a "0-0 novice pedestrian" goes the distance with

"the best boxer of our generation".

Its terrible for boxing. He better Hatton Conor. Because the skill is so vast. Hes not half the boxer that Hatton was.

A 0-0 MMA novice wouldn't last 1 minute with Conor.

Unless Floyd destroys him its a loss.

Its terrible for boxing. He better Hatton Conor. Because the skill is so vast. Hes not half the boxer that Hatton was.

I've seen you claiming Conor will win. So what is it? Conor making it the distance is a victory (being carried by a guy who is making 2x what he's making in a farcical cash grab), now? Or Conor winning is a victory? Who knows? In terms of cash, they've already both won. Floyd will win however he wants, but that's really not the point. This entire event is pure pageantry. If all of my friends (the majority of whom don't care about boxing or MMA) weren't going, I wouldn't watch live, but people care about this farce, so I'll enjoy my drunken night out.

"If he looks good for two minutes, this is a victory for my boy Conor!"

You play to win the game. Pathetic.

How long would he last in the ring with say canelo or spence? He'd lose consciousness within 9 minutes! Mayweather is not a fighter that takes risks and could just play with him for 12 rounds. I can't see how it would be terrible for boxing if the 'best mma fighter in the world' can't lay a glove on a middle aged retired fighter who will give away all of the physical advantages.

That said I think mcgregor will gas in the 2nd half of the fight and will get stopped then if not earlier. He can't fight 12 rounds at floyds pace.

Last edited:
I've seen you claiming Conor will win. So what is it? Conor making it the distance is a victory (being carried by a guy who is making 2x what he's making in a farcical cash grab), now? Or Conor winning is a victory? Who knows? In terms of cash, they've already both won. Floyd will win however he wants, but that's really not the point. This entire event is pure pageantry. If all of my friends (the majority of whom don't care about boxing or MMA) weren't going, I wouldn't watch live, but people care about this farce, so I'll enjoy my drunken night out.

Ive said many times I dont think Conor will win. I think your confusing me with someone else.

I was seeing replays of Floyd's fights, the big punchers he fought, guys who are very technically proper and accurate. Best of the best and they couldn't really put Mayweather in trouble, except maybe Moseley, who still got an asswhooping after catching Floyd.

McGregor's best striking accomplishments were against:

Jose Aldo (amateur level boxing)
Eddie Alvarez (amateur level boxing)
Nate Diaz ( low level pro-boxing/high level amateur boxing and McGregor was even, and 1st fight he got clipped and almost finished in standup)
Money Mendez (amateur level boxing)
Dennis Siver (below amateur level boxing)
Max Holloway (high level amateur/low level pro boxing)

Needless to say, this in no way compares to:

Paquiao
Canelo Alvarez
Shane Mosley
Marquez
or even Arturo Gatti (arturo gatti was a better boxer than anyone Conor has ever faced).

So, it's looking bleak, but Conor still would have than 1% chance to clip him in the 1st or 2nd round if he does something strange and catches Floyd with something he's never

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back