Mayweather calls MMA "a barbaric sport" in latest Instagram rant

"They even allow women to beat the crap outta each other"

I watch both sports and appreciate how sloppy and barbaric MMA is sometimes. It's inferior to boxing but that doesn't mean I hate it.
I just mean, watching a sport where you know that if your opponent was an mma fighter that he could physically manhandle and brutalize you if wanted

Thankfully theyre is a good protective ruleset in boxing for us boxers so a mma guy couldnt pound us into submission

I dont tend to watch too much mma as much as boxing because that truth would be lingering in the back of my head and knowing im a limited and physically weaker fighter compared to wrestlers, kickboxers, grappelers and mma fighter

It would be too much for psyche....good on you for being able to handle it

On a different note, generally dislike a lot of what social media has done to people/life in general but, those instagram Live vids are actually pretty cool. It’s nice to see these kind of guys interact with everyday random fans.

There is a reason gladiators were so popular.

Boxing = a cut of Fillet Mignon with expensive wine.
MMA = A big sloppy burger, with some medium fries/ketchup and a soda.

Trust me, it makes sense.

Edit: I'm absolutely not disparaging MMA with this. I like MMA more than Boxing...it's just a sort of tradeoff of having a lot of something (MMA w/ so many different arts) with less quality of art on average vs. extreme quality in an extremely limited amount of that thing (i.e.-boxing only have one art represented).

Last edited:
Pretty accurate

Yup. In fact, most people will tell you MMA and boxing are both barbaric (several national medical associations, including Canada's and the UK, want to ban both boxing and MMA). And you can make a good case for including hockey, NAmerican football and rugby in that list.

Floyd triggering mma fans so that if the conor rematch happens to see conor get it right this time and headclean off that cocky black guy

He's delusional if he thinks he's the greatest athlete ever. Kind of funny coming from an athlete who's protected by weight classes.

Yup. He's not even the greatest boxing WW (SRR, SRL for instance), let alone the greatest boxer ever. And there's still a jump from there to greatest athlete.

I watch both sports and appreciate how sloppy and barbaric MMA is sometimes. It's inferior to boxing but that doesn't mean I hate it.

Hitting people in the head is barbaric. Its a wash between boxing and MMA in that one. Boxing striking has more finesse than MMA striking, but boxing clinch work lacks the finesse of MMA clinching. Again, call it a wash.

Seriously, is there anyone who doesn't think both boxing and MMA (and NHL hockey fights) are barbaric. The question is only if they're entertaining barbarism - some of us think so.

As far as pure "boxing" goes then yeah any day the best MMA boxer can get in the ring with the most average true boxer and barely get out of there alive, in that respect it certainly is inferior to it.

You place a boxer even in a ring with kickboxing or muay thai rules then the whole game has changed in favour of the other striker since the rules no longer favour the fighting style of the boxer... not even taking grappling into the mix because that would be a complete advantage for a well rounded MMA fighter.

MMA is generally only inferior to boxing under the guise of boxing rules.

I consider boxing more "barbaric" due to the standing count. Beat the shit out of each other until the other guy is completely drained of everything.

Wasn’t that turd supposed to take part in MMA himself by “Fighting Conor In Da Cage A.. A.. After Boxing”???

<DisgustingHHH>

It's barbaric, I guess. Not slapping-the-mother-of-your-kids-around-in-front-of-them barbaric, but pretty barbaric.

Says a wife beater. Such high level morals from Floyd. Role model material for sure.

I just mean, watching a sport where you know that if your opponent was an mma fighter that he could physically manhandle and brutalize you if wanted

Thankfully theyre is a good protective ruleset in boxing for us boxers so a mma guy couldnt pound us into submission

I dont tend to watch too much mma as much as boxing because that truth would be lingering in the back of my head and knowing im a limited and physically weaker fighter compared to wrestlers, kickboxers, grappelers and mma fighter

It would be too much for psyche....good on you for being able to handle it
You should cross train then. A lot of boxers arent that limited on the real world. Tyson is trained in Judo and karate, GGG was a wreslter, and many others.
Floyd triggering mma fans so that if the conor rematch happens to see conor get it right this time and headclean off that cocky black guy
Careful I said almost the same thing joking and got yellows.

Back