Mayweather calls MMA "a barbaric sport" in latest Instagram rant

Not barbaric enough for me, the sport has become too pussified. I want the original rules back, this is suppose to be Ultimate Fighting.

Boxing is just as barbaric if not worse. There are numerous deaths per year attributed to it and no one bats an eye.

MMA just looks worse to the untrained eye, but boxing is just as brutal.

<Fedor23>

just his opinion. oh well.

Not barbaric enough for me, the sport has become too pussified. I want the original rules back, this is suppose to be Ultimate Fighting.
These guys claim boxing is real fighting, but then say mma is too barbaric...

<{vega}><JagsKiddingMe>

MMA ia very violent and barbaric, too violent for you

You should probably go Somewhere else to be safe
I watch both sports and appreciate how sloppy and barbaric MMA is sometimes. It's inferior to boxing but that doesn't mean I hate it.

Barbaric, coming from a dude who hits women. Pussy

How many more deaths have there been in boxing vs mma?
bad argument. MMA is gaining ground fast in that department considering boxing goes all the way back to the pyramids.

The UFC is definitely barbaric.

If Don King held the contracts of all UFC fighters these guys would still make more than what they are being paid today.

A modern UFC card is filled with fighters who have no chance at a title shot, ever. Get your face kicked in for 10, 20 or 30k

Boxing is just as barbaric if not worse. There are numerous deaths per year attributed to it and no one bats an eye.

MMA just looks worse to the untrained eye, but boxing is just as brutal.

Boxing isn't barbaric it's just moronic. Idiots are incapable of figuring out a rule set to manage KOs better.

MMA is a beautiful thing

swick_flails_medium.gif

Don-Frye-Vs.-Yoshihiro-Takayama.gif

Says the guy who practices MMA on women.

Boxing vs MMA is a tie..theres only 2 true values of martial arts.. war and entertainment($$$). Boxing makes more $$$ but MMA is more suited for a real fight. Theres pro boxers that still dont know what jiujitsu is. Lets be honest, Floyd would get tooled by a blue belt.

As someone who was brought up on stories such as the old Joe Jeanette v Sam McVea fight etc. Floyd's admission that mma is now the superior form of prizefighting is rather sad.

bad argument. MMA is gaining ground fast in that department considering boxing goes all the way back to the pyramids.
Not boxing as we know it with the Queensbury rules.

That goes back a little more than 100 years

And there have been more than 500 deaths in boxing in that time.

MMA still has a better track record proportionally.

Back