Max Griffin says Mike Perry win ‘wasn’t a fluke’: ‘I broke him, and you can’t deny it’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
“Usually when I fight, it’s stressful,” Griffin told BloodyElbow.com. “You have a lot of nerves, it’s happening so fast. This time, it was slowed down. I was beyond comfortable. It was just slow. It was calm in there. It was great.

“I’ve never fought like this before. It’s always like how you want to fight — ‘I want to this, I want to do that’ — but your nerves get a hold of you.”

“This was my breakthrough fight, I definitely made the right choice. I went all in, and it paid off big. It paid off major.”

“I feel like I got to show a lot more by going that long, i didn’t take him early; I got to bust him up, show my speed, show my wrestling, show my cardio, show my movement. And it was real decisive. He got picked apart. He took some good punches.

“I feel better about it, because I did drop him, I did hurt him, I kind of embarrassed him. There was a lot more win in that win by making it a decision than just finishing the guy.

“It wasn’t a fluke. I broke him, and you can’t deny it.

All the media now is not giving me too much credit, because they counted me out so much, They’re saying more, ‘Should Perry have fought me?’ It’s like they’re taking away from me, like he had a bad night, instead of I actually put him exactly where I wanted to put him and beat him there.

“I made him fight like that, I was doing particular things. He was in shape. People just don’t understand that I fought the fight that I wanted him to fight.

“It wasn’t a lucky fight. He got dismantled.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/platfor...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

tenor.png

Platinum don't bend bro,

Mike will rematch this fool as his first title defense.

Oh i almost forgot...

giphy.gif

RemoteWideArabianoryx-size_restricted.gif

ObviousScornfulIberianbarbel-max-14mb.gif

I thought it was breakthrough fight for max also. Now feed him to till;)

Yeah he beat Perrys ass.

A big problem with Mike is his legs dont work right. He looks like hes walking in mud. Nobody ever taught him how to move his feet

Who said it was a fluke? I genuinely have not heard that once.

Max Griffin by decision paid me out 100$ to win 900$

Yummmm

he may have deserved his win over the old Platinum but there's more upside to Mike Perry version 2.0. he's out smashing random ass and not being cornered by a tennis player.

Max Griffin lost to Zaleski Dos Santos in his last fight. I remember listening to the commentators explain how Max Griffin was fed up of fighting regional circuits with no challenge in California, so he even began fighting up in higher weight classes.
This dude is legit and it makes me wonder how good Zaleski Dos Santos is.

No flukes in fighting. I'm happy for Max, he seems like a cool guy. Plat has plenty of time yet.

Back