Max Griffin says Mike Perry win ‘wasn’t a fluke’: ‘I broke him, and you can’t deny it’

Max Griffin trying to come off like he beat Anderson Silva in his prime for fucks sake

If anything, give Alan Jouban the credit for creating the blueprint. Ponz followed it up, and Griffin copied it.

Still, it's on Mike at the end of the day for not adjusting. He's been figured out, and now low level guys are beating him the way that's been shown - Get on your bicycle, hit him and avoid his big right, rinse & repeat.

I'm not even a big Perry fan but I respect him and Griffin was saved by the bell at the end of rd. 1. This guy is making up lies, saying he "broke" him, at no point was Perry broke or out of the fight. He was coming forward 'till the end.

Now that wifey jumped ship maybe Mike can get with a real camp and start patching his holes. If he works on his footwork, head movement, faints, learns to be more patient instead of constantly stalking his opponent looking for that one big shot, he's gonna start climbing the ladder.

This happens to the best guys and it's happened to Perry. His back is against the wall now and he has no choice but to evolve, now it's time to get going.

Do you really think anyone needed a blueprint to figure out the best strategy to beat Mike Perry on the feet?

That dude is legit. Very good fighter with an extremely well rounded skill set

I used to think he was just another just bleed brawler (nothing wrong with that but I saw a fairly low ceiling for him) till I saw him successfully anti-grapple Keita Nakamura live down in Portland, that's when I knew he might be a guy who could work his way up to the top 15.

I used to think he was just another just bleed brawler (nothing wrong with that but I saw a fairly low ceiling for him) till I saw him successfully anti-grapple Keita Nakamura live down in Portland, that's when I knew he might be a guy who could work his way up to the top 15.

He's got excellent stand up with good power, and his defensive wrestling is pretty good. I believe he's a BB in jitz as well.

Do you really think anyone needed a blueprint to figure out the best strategy to beat Mike Perry on the feet?

True but no one did it until Alan, so give him a bit of credit to expose Perry's weaknesses

True but no one did it until Alan, so give him a bit of credit to expose Perry's weaknesses

I'll give him credit for the performance. I don't really think anyone needs credit for following through with a pretty obvious gameplan, though.

Platinum is my boy and no excuses for the loss, but you can’t ssy you broke him when he was still there trying to get a finish in the third round while you were on your bike. Mike fought that last round like fighters should fight that are down on the score.

I don't think he was broken, but you have to admit he looked desperate in the 3rd.

He's got excellent stand up with good power, and his defensive wrestling is pretty good. I believe he's a BB in jitz as well.

Him, Leon Edwards, and Vicente Luque are 3 guys who seem perpetually underrated in that division. Kind of in the position James Vick was in a while back where they can't seem to break into the rankings simply on the basis of them not being able to get a ranked fight.

Hell Edwards beat Tumenov while he was ranked and couldn't even get a spot.

I'll give him credit for the performance. I don't really think anyone needs credit for following through with a pretty obvious gameplan, though.

I hear you but hindsight is 20/20. No one knew how bad Perry's footwork and inability to cut off the cage until Jouban utilized that gameplan. If it were so obvious someone would have done it before Alan.

Perry is entertaining as hell but he'll end up with Baroni's record soon enough. He'd have lost that 0 sooner too if he'd met fighters like Lindland as early in his career as Baroni did.

perry is baroni 2.0

i still love baroni, but he is a disaster

Him, Leon Edwards, and Vicente Luque are 3 guys who seem perpetually underrated in that division. Kind of in the position James Vick was in a while back where they can't seem to break into the rankings simply on the basis of them not being able to get a ranked fight.

Hell Edwards beat Tumenov while he was ranked and couldn't even get a spot.

Guys who are higher ranked don't want to risk their position against lower ranked guys. Which creates a lot jam and stagnation within the divisions.

I hear you but hindsight is 20/20. No one knew how bad Perry's footwork and inability to cut off the cage until Jouban utilized that gameplan. If it were so obvious someone would have done it before Alan.

There was plenty of tape on Perry looking all kinds of mediocre before he ever lost in MMA. Again, credit to actually exactly executing the gameplan, but forcing Perry to reset his feet and not standing in and trading shots with him in the pocket was a fairly obvious approach to take.

he may have deserved his win over the old Platinum but there's more upside to Mike Perry version 2.0. he's out smashing random ass and not being cornered by a tennis player.
Yea I’m sure he was super loyal to her while they were together, honorable guy that he is, she too I’m sure was a perfect angel

Lol, Florida

Oh i almost forgot...

giphy.gif

RemoteWideArabianoryx-size_restricted.gif

ObviousScornfulIberianbarbel-max-14mb.gif
I am replying to your post for future referencing in case that train starts back up again, with any luck I wont have to use this arsenal.

It absolutely wasn't a fluke. Full credit to him for getting the W as an underdog. Still a fan of PMP though, he's a chill dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back