Martin Nguyen of OneFC going for 3 belts this weekend against Bibiano Fernandez

I don't think Nguyen is gonna be able to outhustle Fernandez, that kid is legit!

ONE is getting better dude.
I do watch most of the events if I remember. I'm against soccer kicks though which makes it a bit upsetting for me from time to time. Too many of my friends have ended up in ER because people kicked them in the head while they were down. One of them is even brain damaged now because his head was against the wall when another man kicked him.

I do watch most of the events if I remember. I'm against soccer kicks though which makes it a bit upsetting for me from time to time. Too many of my friends have ended up in ER because people kicked them in the head while they were down. One of them is even brain damaged now because his head was against the wall when another man kicked him.
One hasn't allowed soccer kicks to the head for quite some time.

Not surprised by Shannon winning although i'd thought it'd take longer. Shannon is seriously one of One's top guys. Title shot should have come a long time ago but i think politics kept him away. His opponent, Rahul, is a tough guy although not very technical. Swinging with your chin in the air isn't goood...

Shannon's quality of opposition hasn't impressed me. I'd wager Ting, Folayang, Shalorus, Sexton, Huerta and Banario would all starch him.

Shannon's quality of opposition hasn't impressed me. I'd wager Ting, Folayang, Shalorus, Sexton, Huerta and Banario would all starch him.

This.

One FC so wants Shannon and Rika to be a big power couple / draw in Thailand and in that sense I guess they have done alright. Both get softballs pretty much every time out though because they wouldn't fare well against better competition. One or both might prove me wrong but I see them as having very low ceilings and never really rising above gatekeeper roles, even in One.

Back