Martin Nguyen of OneFC going for 3 belts this weekend against Bibiano Fernandez

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Wins 170lb belt:

Wins 155lb belt:

Gunning for the 145lb this weekend. That’s a pretty impressive feat to cover 3 weight classes like that, no matter how you cut it (pun intended).

Edit: weight class mix up.

Last edited:
Super impressive. Not sure who to root for in the Bibi fight. I'm a fan of both.

I believe Martin was underdog in both of his title fights so far...and I picked against him, but he managed to win both by KO. Bibi is more skillful but Martin's power is a great equaliser.

However FYI lightweight in ONE is 170, featherweight is 155, bantamweight is 145.

They do not allow any weight cutting, so they shifted all the weight classes.

OneFC promotion doin things right way.

They actually brought him both belts to celebrate while UFC gave Conor just 1 belt and needed to go steal Tyron’s belt backstage and bring it out.

Smh UFC can’t do anything right lol.

That’s awesome. Another +ONE for ONEFC.

Super impressive. Not sure who to root for in the Bibi fight. I'm a fan of both.

I believe Martin was underdog in both of his title fights so far...and I picked against him, but he managed to win both by KO. Bibi is more skillful but Martin's power is a great equaliser.

However FYI lightweight in ONE is 170, featherweight is 155, bantamweight is 145.

I've always liked Bibi a lot but I think Martin might take this. He's impressed me in the last few outtings.

is he going to surrender his other belts or does he plan to defend all 3 divisions?

I've always liked Bibi a lot but I think Martin might take this. He's impressed me in the last few outtings.

Frankly speaking, Bibiano is a legend...one of the best fighters to never fight for a major USA promotion.
He's 9-0 in ONE and has been champ for 5 years. He's also never been knocked out or submitted.
If Nguyen stops him it would be his most impressive victory, even though he beat bigger guys in the last fights.

Having said that, Bibi is a 38 year old bantamweight...he has to be slowing down, and Nguyen has power to stop anyone.

I'm a regular watcher of One FC and won money betting Nguyen against both Gafarov and Folayang as an underdog. And this time is no different- I grabbed Nguyen at the +180 opener. I wish One FC streamed weigh-ins or face-offs for the cards as I would have liked to see how Nguyen compares to Fernandes physically side by side.

Frankly speaking, Bibiano is a legend...one of the best fighters to never fight for a major USA promotion.
He's 9-0 in ONE and has been champ for 5 years. He's also never been knocked out or submitted.
If Nguyen stops him it would be his most impressive victory, even though he beat bigger guys in the last fights.

Having said that, Bibi is a 38 year old bantamweight...he has to be slowing down, and Nguyen has power to stop anyone.

That’s basically my feelings about it. Bibiano I think on paper might be a better fighter, but, as witnessed by the Edgar/Ortega fight, Father Time catches up with everyone. And it will for Bibi at some point too. This is actually a really awesome match-up taking place between two very talented guys outside of the UFC/Bellator spectrum. Flying under the radar bigtime

Very impressive that he's able to make weight across three divisions considering ONE's weight cutting rules.

I hope he wins tomorrow. I'm a big fan.

Anyone know how to watch/purchase the main card? Can't find the link to it anywhere on their website.

Who's the guy commentating with Michael?

How do I watch the main card? One fc official website and purchase it?

No idea, can't see a link or info, they just say "Check your local listings for global broadcast"

Maybe they gave up paid live stream? Seems weird since they are already streaming the prelims and first few undercards fights so it shouldn't really add any cost.

Maybe they gave up paid live stream? Seems weird since they are already streaming the prelims and first few undercards fights so it shouldn't really add any cost.
They said they'll show the whole main card on periscope but end up only showing 2 fuckin fight only. Now idk where to watch it.

Back