Opinion Mark Thompson, the English gentleman who wants to turn around CNN

The thread is about CNN, you clown. It's ok to admit they've been comically dishonest and partisan, their own CEO is admitting it ffs, but you can't and still feel the need to white knight and deflect and "but but but faux news, maaaaan"?

Nobody on here even watches fox. In case you didn't know, TS is on the left, and he admits they're horrible, but for some reason you feel the need to deflect to "why can't we just scream about 'faux news' instead.
Yea it’s a CNN thread and he says he doesn’t watch them yet makes a statement “1000X” more truthful … ignorance is a bliss is still a style

When you guys started foaming at the mouth about them, I looked around. I may have posted some of their tweets to add color to a story, but news source?

Yes. News source. As in, you take their reporting on incidents like you would a news source, and post them as news to be trusted.

Yes. News source. As in, you take their reporting on incidents like you would a news source, and post them as news to be trusted.

When did I do that?

When did I do that?

Ah' yes, the cute tactic of tasking me with looking through thousands of posts to prove it, even though you've already admitted to following them and posting their tweets as refutes of the "rabid" people attacking them.

Clown shoes. You're wearing them.

Ah' yes, the cute tactic of tasking me with looking through thousands of posts to prove it, even though you've already admitted to following them and posting their tweets as refutes of the "rabid" people attacking them.

Clown shoes. You're wearing them.

You made the accusation.

Yes, I followed some for a time and I have posted some of their tweets, but if you're going to make the insane claim I trust them as a news source, you should probably prove it.

You made the accusation.

And you confirmed it. LOL.

Yes, I followed some for a time and I have posted some of their tweets, but if you're going to make the insane claim I trust them as a news source, you should probably prove it.

So when you say "Hey don't believe those right wingers! Here's what's really going on." and link an Antifa tweet, you're not trusting them as a news source? LOL

Honk! Honk!

@Loiosh this is not a gotcha, bud. we're in a CNN thread and the new manager wants to make it more neutral and a lot of us are saying that it's too broken to be patched up and it's needs a complete rework.

whippy posted an incomplete list of the hoaxes they've done and any reasonable person would be repulsed by them if not outright hostile because of their blatant manipulation, gaslighting, and abuse.

any comment on the hoaxes? like anything at all? they lie to the public nonstop.

clown shoes.
smh, love that reference, just sayin
carry on

<Dany07>

Let's review the stories CNN pushed on idiots to believe and repeat.

Jussie Smollett
Bubba Wallace garage pull
Covington kids
Kavanaugh rape
Trump pee tape
Covid lab leak was a conspiracy theory
Border agents whipped migrants.
Steele Dossier
Russian bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan
Trump said drinking bleach would fight covid
Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation
Muslim travel ban
Trump built cages for migrant kids
Trump tax cuts benefited only the rich.
Michael Avenatti
Trump used teargas to clear a crowd for a bible photo
Don't say gay was in a bill
Ivermectin is a horse dewormer and not for humans
Mostly peaceful protests
BYU students hurled racist insults at Duke volleyball player
Trump overpowered secret service for wheel of The Beast
Covid vaccine stops spread of covid
Mask on small children

I get it, you have a crush on Anderson Cooper, Don Lemon, and Brian Selter.

when you put it in writing it’s almost unimaginable. CNN spews a level of propaganda unimaginable

And you confirmed it. LOL.

So when you say "Hey don't believe those right wingers! Here's what's really going on." and link an Antifa tweet, you're not trusting them as a news source? LOL

Honk! Honk!

I never used them as "news to be trusted."

Is English your first language?

I remember when saying something like this about CNN got you labeled a Trumptard.

Can’t deny how ass the media is forever.

I would like to see CNN turn it around. I don’t think it’s too late but they have a giant task in-front of them if they want to get it done.

Reactions: SRN
I don't understand why CNN and MSNBC don't have left wing versions of Tucker Carlson. I feel like that could draw an audience.

I remember when saying something like this about CNN got you labeled a Trumptard.

Can’t deny how ass the media is forever.
I remember Brackis unironically saying CNN is the "pinnacle of journalistic integrity" and this was after smollet etc.

It's a ridiculous position.

There are left leaning networks but Trump had Fox anchors on the campaign trail with him in support, which technically used to be illegal.

You complain about liberal media but all the media money is behind conservatives, because of course it is.

You freebase partisan news. I don't. MMM is just a starting point for me, canaries in a coal mine. There are certain YouTube channels I trust but even then I don't assume they're right, and they include sources. They've been wrong plenty of times.

If I had to pick one person I really trust it would be Mark Agee. He's an amateur and not even a journalist but I can't think of anyone who is as plugged in as him to issues in real time. He's super left and you'd hate him, but he has a great big brain and he uses it for good.

You need to get outside of your bubble, you barely sound human these days.

Its basically "I hate partisan news which backs the other side".

Ultimately though CNN are not much different from fox news when it comes to the biggest issues, pro big business, pro low taxs, pro imperialist foreign policy, basically status quo with a face mask of liberialism.

fire everybody who was part of the fakenews machine, tear it all down, and rebuild from the ground up. cnn is too infected to save.

would it make things right if CNN brought back Tucker Carlson to work for them again?

i barely sound human these days? wow...

look at this partial list:

Jussie Smollett
Bubba Wallace garage pull
Covington kids
Kavanaugh rape
Trump pee tape
Covid lab leak was a conspiracy theory
Border agents whipped migrants.
Steele Dossier
Russian bounties on US soldiers in Afghanistan
Trump said drinking bleach would fight covid
Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation
Muslim travel ban
Trump built cages for migrant kids
Trump tax cuts benefited only the rich.
Michael Avenatti
Trump used teargas to clear a crowd for a bible photo
Don't say gay was in a bill
Ivermectin is a horse dewormer and not for humans
Mostly peaceful protests
BYU students hurled racist insults at Duke volleyball player
Trump overpowered secret service for wheel of The Beast
Covid vaccine stops spread of covid
Mask on small children

they lie to us 24/7, how could any normal person look at these hoaxes and have any trust left? i'm curious, how does being mistrustful of fakenews make someone less human?

despite every "left wing media outlet" being adamant that orange cosby and his clown crew were selling shit sandwiches, The Big Lie didn't make it into your list of overblown exaggerations. what happened? did we forget that a senile old man with dementia just pulled off the greatest heist in the history of the nation and stolen the election in front of the whole world's eyes, or have we finally moved past the denial stage of grief?

Last edited:
The thread is about CNN, you clown. It's ok to admit they've been comically dishonest and partisan, their own CEO is admitting it ffs, but you can't and still feel the need to white knight and deflect and "but but but faux news, maaaaan"?

Nobody on here even watches fox. In case you didn't know, TS is on the left, and he admits they're horrible, but for some reason you feel the need to deflect to "why can't we just scream about 'faux news' instead.
I agree that CNN is garbage. They tried to model their platform in the image of Fox News about a decade or so ago and it's all been downhill from there. To touch on the other point, plenty of people on here watch Fox News, and if they don't they've moved on to networks like OANN and Newsmax, because Fox News wasn't extreme enough. They have been sourced and posted here regularly for a while now and come to think of it whenever CNN is posted here it's usually from right leaning posters.

I agree that CNN is garbage. They tried to model their platform in the image of Fox News about a decade or so ago and it's all been downhill from there. To touch on the other point, plenty of people on here watch Fox News, and if they don't they've moved on to networks like OANN and Newsmax, because Fox News wasn't extreme enough. They have been sourced and posted here regularly for a while now and come to think of it whenever CNN is posted here it's usually from right leaning posters.
Who are they? I've seen a few people occasionally post a clip from Tucker Carlson's opening, but he hasn't worked there in half a year, and I don't know that I've seen any clips from any other show on Fox posted.

To be fair, I don't see a lot of clips from CNN shows either except to make fun of them. Articles from both are sometimes sourced when it's a story in a bunch of different outlets because those 2 are usually in the first few results, but those aren't commentary.

Back