Mark Hunt: UFC "Forced" Overeem fight on me

Mark Hunt is 100% right that if a fighter cheats, their entire earnings should be confiscated and given to the opponent.
But then cheaters might decide the risk isn't worth it, and stop.
We don't want cheaters out of the sport, do we??

Hard to continue being a big fan of his with all this whining and complaining, even IF some of it is warranted. Doesn't mean you have to be such a whiner, though. You weiner.

So he's supposed to sit in silence while he attempts to sue the UFC? "Whining" (as you put it) gathers attention to the exploitation that he feels he's been on the receiving end of and only a complete idiot would think this untrue.

As a man you should never compete for a spot at the victim table

As an anonymous bitchboi on the internet you should never pretend you have any credibility when it comes to judging whether a professional cage fighter is a man.

While everyone fixates on him "complaining", I couldn't help but think, when a fighter says "I'll fight anyone in the world", Mark Hunt is pretty much the only one I believe.

I still can't believe Hunt landed a clean right hand right on Brock's chin, and it had zero effect on Lesnar!

If he feels he needs to be better compensated but also can't leave then they are forcing him to fight

I would like to introduce you to the concept of a contract.

Honestly I would fight Overeem for 700,000

I would like to introduce you to the concept of a contract.

Honestly I would fight Overeem for 700,000
its a bullshit contract, dont know how they still get away with it.

i agree, i would too but its a little different lol. we have nothing to lose except some time off due to injury, but i might never make a payday like that otherwise. hunt has rich people bills. mo' money mo' problems.

its a bullshit contract, dont know how they still get away with it.

i agree, i would too but its a little different lol. we have nothing to lose except some time off due to injury, but i might never make a payday like that otherwise. hunt has rich people bills. mo' money mo' problems.

1) He signed it. Go ahead and dispute it, get the lawyers involved, that's his right, but it's not going to get any sympathy from me.

<{boneytears}>

1) He signed it. Go ahead and dispute it, get the lawyers involved, that's his right, but it's not going to get any sympathy from me.

<{boneytears}>
if it was a legitimate contract he could hold out until they renegotiated or they could let him go

instead he decides he doesnt want to fight on this contract anymore and he will sit out, aka earn nothing at all. they respond by threatening litigation and saying he's in breach of contract.

theyre essentially 'forcing' him to fight, i dont even think its hyperbole.

So they offered him several fights, on terms in line with the contract, which he refused, and if he refused this fight, he'd be in a breach of contract.

And the problem is???

Also, suing your employer means you won't be, among other things, able to negotiate certain stipulation to the fight contract (that are opposed to the original contract you signed)? Huh, who knew?

Though in principle i agree with him, and yes, the UFC is extorting the fighters, he's become a mental case lately. He's slowly but surely turning into Wanderlei.

Not a fair comparison. Wanderlei is the only athlete in the history of any sport to get a lifetime suspension without ever failing a drug test in his entire career.

But then cheaters might decide the risk isn't worth it, and stop.
We don't want cheaters out of the sport, do we??
Honestly, Yes! We do. I wish we could make a poll but I dont think the mods would let us.

we have nothing to lose except some time off due to injury,
Or death! :D

Honestly, I would not want to ever take a punch or kick from that guy. I'd attempt some weird unorthodox kick where I flail hopelessly to the ground and break my own leg. That would be my gameplan.

if it was a legitimate contract he could hold out until they renegotiated or they could let him go

instead he decides he doesnt want to fight on this contract anymore and he will sit out, aka earn nothing at all. they respond by threatening litigation and saying he's in breach of contract.

theyre essentially 'forcing' him to fight, i dont even think its hyperbole.

If it's not a legitimate contract then his lawyers should be able to prove that pretty easily? I don't see what you are getting at.

Or death! :D

Honestly, I would not want to ever take a punch or kick from that guy. I'd attempt some weird unorthodox kick where I flail hopelessly to the ground and break my own leg. That would be my gameplan.
fuck, i dont want to take a punch or kick from him. but ill try my best for 700k!

gimme a ref with a quick trigger and i will absolutely do my best lol

If it's not a legitimate contract then his lawyers should be able to prove that pretty easily? I don't see what you are getting at.
i could talk about this for hours and i have before. dont forget the ufc has great lawyers, too.

it wont be the way it is for much longer, the Ali act or something similar will be implemented for MMA sooner or later.

Not taking sides here but come on Hunt......You are under contract they aren't going to go let you fight where ever you want and they didn't make you take the fight. You could just retire and do something else. Oh wait, you've basically said in past interviews you know how to do nothing and have to fight for a living. Sorry, but that isn't anyone's fault except yours.

I do find his lawsuit interesting and I applaud him for it as someone should take a stance on it.

i could talk about this for hours and i have before. dont forget the ufc has great lawyers, too.

it wont be the way it is for much longer, the Ali act or something similar will be implemented for MMA sooner or later.

OK

Typical UFC scumbags.

Looks like if Mark didn't sign to fight Overeem (rioder) UFC threatened breach of contract according to the lawyer

So basically forcing him to fight rioder after past 3 opponents have been busted for roiding

They can't make him fight. He can just retire. It isn't in breaching a contract if you retire. Zuffa's contracts just freeze then.

Where does this 700k number people keep throwing out come from? He got that for 200 because of the special circumstances behind 200. Hunt made 170k for every fight before that. 170k isn't some huge amount of cash to fight roided monsters.

Back