Mark Hunt: UFC "Forced" Overeem fight on me

They can't make him fight. He can just retire. It isn't in breaching a contract if you retire. Zuffa's contracts just freeze then.
right

so his options were retire, refuse to fight and face litigation or fight for the ufc at his current number

Good grief does this guy ever stop whining...yeah Mark, you're a slave...

they should just release the salty moron let em fight and cry about it elsewhere

Honestly, Yes! We do. I wish we could make a poll but I dont think the mods would let us.
I'd love to see fans push for eliminating things that make the sport look stupid and illegitimate.
Things like signing "name" fighters with no skill, drug cheats, and Conor McGregor

right

so his options were retire, refuse to fight and face litigation or fight for the ufc at his current number

He knows what his contract is, he negotiated it, and signed it. If he was smarter about it maybe at that time he should've asked for more or went into free agency and see what happens. Though I'm sure he did and the UFC was probably the best offer. Maybe he should've asked for better escalators with each win. Maybe had a renegotiating period after 3 fights of the contract or whatever. Or a million other things.

He turned down multiple fights and it appears what he wants is the UFC to just let him go. So if I was Hunt I'd go fight Overeem, collect my pay, and then present an offer to the UFC that if they let him go he will drop the lawsuit. Which by the way he'll sink every penny he has ever made trying to fight it in a hopes of a favorable outcome. I do agree with his lawsuit though. But you can't sue your employer and then wonder why they aren't playing ball with you.

he needs to shut the fuck up already acting like a rape victim making 700k. I mean him being dumb as shit isnt a problem as long as he isnt speaking but this is getting ridiculous now.

it didnt matter when mir & bigfoot were juiced up because he KTFO both of them.

it didnt matter BEFORE the brock fight, when he said "brock is juiced to the gills but im going to KO him anyway"

it only matters after he got his ass beat.

not only that but brock didnt even test positive for roids, and overeem has been sqeaky clean, deflated & passing tests for quite awhile now

just retire you mongoloid

Not a fair comparison. Wanderlei is the only athlete in the history of any sport to get a lifetime suspension without ever failing a drug test in his entire career.

running away from a test, fleeing to another (home) country has its consequences. I'm not saying they are fair, but still. Also, threatening to show proof of the UFC fixing fights might not have been the brightest idea of his.

They offered him many fights or just Overeem? That would change my opinion...
It says in the original post that he turned down several fights last year. Which he has the right to (i presume). But only for so long...

As an anonymous bitchboi on the internet you should never pretend you have any credibility when it comes to judging whether a professional cage fighter is a man.
Sorry for telling it like it is fuckboi

At the end of the day he's gonna make over $100K, so while I understand his frustration, his boycott wasn't really getting him anywhere, so ultimately the UFC "forcing" his hand will be the best thing for him.

The best way to keep on loving Mark Hunt is to ignore him completely until he fights. Enjoy the fight, listen to his post-fight interview, smile and then go back to ignoring him until the next fight.

UFC forced me to make about $2 mil in disclosed pay since 2013 waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

I'm all for fair fighter pay and the fighters talking about it, but Hunt has just about a .500 record at this point. Be glad you're still getting big name fights and getting paid exceptionally well for them.

right

Isn't that what happens when you sign a contract? Are these five year olds were dealing with here? Look, I feel bad for the dude, but he signed the thing, then lost, and is now on a tangent because he has to honor his contract. Why should he bet let out of it? Because he wants to? What's the point of the contract then?

Isn't that what happens when you sign a contract? Are these five year olds were dealing with here? Look, I feel bad for the dude, but he signed the thing, then lost, and is now on a tangent because he has to honor his contract. Why should he bet let out of it? Because he wants to? What's the point of the contract then?
Well you sign on and file taxes as an independent contractor but get treated like an employee... and that's not how contracts work in combat sports. You can't force someone to fight, another reason why the 'independent contract' line is shit. Situations like this is why the Ali act came about in boxing and the UFC just took advantage of an underregulated sport. It worked for awhile but the revenue has grown and now things are out of hand. There has got to be some kind of legislation or organization in place which will stand up for the athletes against a behemoth like the UFC and its lawyers. They have everyone by the balls with these contracts.

Brock smashed all of Hunt's brain cells. No worries, mate, after the bout you can hand those hundreds of thousands to your lawyer.

Where does this 700k number people keep throwing out come from? He got that for 200 because of the special circumstances behind 200. Hunt made 170k for every fight before that. 170k isn't some huge amount of cash to fight roided monsters.
That's probably in the top 10% of UFC fighter pay.

Dude been getting paid even when he had a losing record.

I will laugh my ass off if Reem comes in looking like Phil Heath.

Hunt will just walk out of the ring.

Hunt's provision is on point: If you get busted for using PEDs, you use majority of your paycheck.

seems like the most effective way to get cheaters to actually think twice before juicing.

why would any clean fighter be against it?

Back