Marc Goddards New Statement.

Conor is not allowed in the cage BEFORE he calls the fight, man! Geez, this is NOT hard to understand.

By your logic, Conor can enter any cage of any fight where IN THE FUTURE the ref will stop it??

Debating with Conor fans is NOT like debating with ANY other fans in this sport. Unbelievable.

Lol the only one being unbelievable here is you. Goddard stopped the fight prior to the bell ringing. He admits that. That means that the fight was over. Conor entered the ring after the fight had indeed been called.

"I apologise in advance for the lengthy statement."

Second last sentence...

I read it fully, great read! would recommend. Conor is a embarrassment

You dumb asses should read that. Shows Goddard is a stand up guy.

His writing style is gratingly repetitive and dull, so I'm not reading all of that, but he doesn't even need to explain himself tbh.

Good statement, great explanation.
Goddard is an excellent referee.

lol @ the people not having the mental capacity to read a statement that takes about 50 seconds to read.
50 seconds of reading something that won't benefit us or have no impact on our lives it ain't worth it

Lol the only one being unbelievable here is you. Goddard stopped the fight prior to the bell ringing. He admits that. That means that the fight was over. Conor entered the ring after the fight had indeed been called.
OK, I get it. You just don't understand how this works.

Never has there been a finer thread to showcase the dumbfuckery of the majority of Sherdog.

They scream and cry about an incident with Conor and an official and then won't be bothered to read and/or listen to both sides of the story.

Good job you fucking halfwits.

The worst part of this "sport" are the "fans".

whatever, Gonard.

Stop swinging off Conor's balls and pay attention. Goddard was completely accurate in his actions and Conor was as usual a huge jackass.

And as noted, the UFC brass pulled Conor off the 219 card because of his actions. If he wasn't at fault, there would be no reprecussions.

Fighters get fired for messing with refs. nelson got in a world of shit for foot shoving McCarthy because he felt McCarthy let his fight with Bigfoot go too long.

You don't touch refs, you don't get between refs and fighters in a sanctioned match. Period.

And if you bothered to read Goddards statement (assuming of course that you are literate), he wasn't positive the round was over and didn't get a chance to check on the other fighter due in large part to Conor rushing into the ring. The fight may very well have continued but Conor jumping in the ring (And he wasn't even an actual cornerman for his teammate, simply in the audience) prevented Goddard from doing his job.

Conor at the very least should be fined for this.

This is the logical thought process that was going through Conor's mind when Goddard pushed him and told him to get out of the cage. He had absolutely no way of knowing that Goddard was trying to resume the fight. In his mind Goddard was just trying to abuse his authority, when the fight was over.

lmao who gives a fuck. it's not the connor show. it's a sporting event. what's going through conor's mind means fuck all because he should know his place and stay in his fuckin seat.

conor has absolutely no say in how authority is used in a sanctioned sporting event. he is irrelevant, and he got mad because someone was preventing him from turning it in to the conor show. he didn't care about abuse of authority, he cared about the spotlight which is why he was jumping around the cage, climbing up on it, and making sure all cameras were on him

all this bullshit he put out about being concerned for the fighter because someone died is him being too much of a mental midget to admit that he was just doing it for himself.

Great statement from Goddard who pretty much nailed on the head everything we intelligent fans saw from the incident.

Goddard is an excellent ref and a class-act individual; he always has been and Conor antics aren't going to reduce him to anything less.

If you don't want to take the time to read his statement, then dont. It is long, I understand, but the guy had a lot to say and many of us wanted to hear every bit of it.

Also, I would find it hilarious if Goddard is advocating for no punishments to be doled to Conor because he's a sherdogger and shared the common belief that Conor may have tried to get himself in trouble as a way out of fighting Tony XD.

Holy wall of text. I got about a third of the way through and started skimming. But, boo Conor

That's a very good statement from Goddard. Makes perfect sense.

I enjoy Conor's antics and think he's generally very good for the health of MMA but he was acting the twat here and should hold up his hands and admit it.

He should also be punished, but the problem from a sanction perspective is that there's nothing they can do to hurt him now that he's got that fuck-you-money.

A fine will be ignored, or paid by the UFC. A ban only screws whoever he was going to fight next - most likely Ferguson.

I don't see how this ends in a way that's satisfying for anyone.

Stop swinging off Conor's balls and pay attention. Goddard was completely accurate in his actions and Conor was as usual a huge jackass.

Conor at the very least should be fined for this.

umm.... negative.

i dont even like Conor.

youre missin the joke, Sir.

you obvously missed the thread where his bane was misspelled.

Good statement, great explanation.
Goddard is an excellent referee.

lol @ the people not having the mental capacity to read a statement that takes about 50 seconds to read.

50 seconds huh? You're impressive.

Back